Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

what is that bar called?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
what is that bar called?

I remember reading on here a while back that there was a member that had some kind of strut bar type thing that bolted up where the back seat was... and I also remember saying that it's intended for the DC5 but you can get it to fit da EM2 if you drill two holes or something.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?! Ha ha

I know it sounds vague... I'm not talking about the bar behind that back seat but I already have that one...It's a bar that sits up higher.

Thx doods.
Old 11-14-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what is that bar called?

its a floor brace or something useless lol
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

you have to be a little more specific... rear strut bar? c pillar? harness bar?
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

this RSX has it, butnot sure what's it called.
Old 11-14-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

worthless
Old 11-14-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

mid brace is what they are called on ebay...
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

C-pillar bar, but i think it would be a pain to put on a civic and would effectively block your back seat...
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

spudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nicespudz904 is just really nice

i know what your talking about but its vague....

i believe it was a c pillar bar for a rsx that he put right behind the seats and mounted on the seat belts.......?
Old 11-14-2008
Prowlin' with a Purpose

WannaBFast will become famous soon enoughWannaBFast will become famous soon enough

thats only there for hatchbacks.. as a sedan/coupe, the rear deck takes its place
Old 11-14-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

i do believe he may be talking about the Neuspeed Rear upper strut bar... it crosses where our pass-thru to the trunk is, and attaches to the framing....

http://neuspeed.com/products/product...port&p_id=1032

Last edited by manahoonie; 11-15-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com...erior_View.jpg

he's talking about the bar in the middle of the rear seats in this picture.

not the rear upper strut bar
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/meg...illar-bars.asp

found for ya!
Old 11-15-2008

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com...erior_View.jpg

he's talking about the bar in the middle of the rear seats in this picture.

not the rear upper strut bar
if you're talking about the bar that has the red strap thing hanging from it in your pic, then we are talking about the same type of bar...

Neuspeed's Rear upper strut bar doesn't connect to the struts themselves, but rather the same way as the one i believe you're talking about, where it goes to the frame instead...take a look again. (there's a link to how to install as well that shows this)
Old 11-15-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manahoonie
i do believe he may be talking about the Neuspeed Rear upper strut bar... it crosses where our pass-thru to the trunk is, and attaches to the framing....

http://neuspeed.com/products/product...port&p_id=1032

Yes yes, this is exactly what Im talking about!

Thanks dudes! It's awesome how everybody knows so much about all kinds of stuff around here!

^Also above, yes it is the thing with the red strap that I'm looking for.

Coooooool. I want one. Thanks for the resources!

Last edited by Eyger; 11-15-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-15-2008
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all

i have the mugen one, just drill an extra hole each side.
Old 11-15-2008

yea, i've been wondering if the neuspeed one fits our cars... i just didn't want to spend $200 on it, then find that it doesn't fit...

then i'm stuck selling it, and its easier to find a four leaf clover than finding someone to buy a brand new item from you for what you paid...
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by manahoonie
if you're talking about the bar that has the red strap thing hanging from it in your pic, then we are talking about the same type of bar...

Neuspeed's Rear upper strut bar doesn't connect to the struts themselves, but rather the same way as the one i believe you're talking about, where it goes to the frame instead...take a look again. (there's a link to how to install as well that shows this)
oh yeah, my bad. yesterday when i clicked on your link, it didn't work. I see it now though.
Old 11-15-2008

Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
oh yeah, my bad. yesterday when i clicked on your link, it didn't work. I see it now though.
yeah, normally when i just paste a link in a post, it automatically sets it as clickable... this time for some reason it didn't. just thought people would copy it to the address bar. guess i thought wrong.

well, i went back and fixed it.
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

^ i actually did copy it in the address bar...didn't work.
Old 11-15-2008

^ hmm. oh well. we answered his question :P