Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

EVO IX or EVO X

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jp7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: EVO IX or EVO X

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
here's a review on the evo x vs evo ix. The evo x is overall a better car. Its a more grown up version for daily driving, with the 30gb hdd, bluetooth, navi and other comforts. How many times are you going to be taking it on the track for 1/4 times?

More then likely, probably only once or twice a year.

The evo X can still take out probably 90% of the cars on the street anyways in stock form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lii_pDGCkE8
I don't want a "grown up" car. I bought an Evo IX because I wanted an extremist fast basically "Street Legal" racecar (Even know, with my current mods I am technically illegal)

Performance cars and luxury sedans are blurring too close together. In order to be the fastest, you should have to sacrifice luxury.

I want a light car so I remove my sound deadener.
I want to corner like it is on rails, so I have to live with a painful ride.
I want a lighten up the car, so I remove the stock battery and use a motorcycle battery kit, to save me weight and reduce intercooler piping length - as a result I have no radio (can't hear it over the BOV and exhaust anyways)

These are just a few examples of how raw the Evo and STI should be.

If you want comfort why not buy a soft plush car why not buy a Honda Accord, or a Toyota Camry.

Fast should mean painful.

If I was faster than only 90% of the cars on the road then I would be pretty slow. As it is now it burns me up inside that I can only closely keep up with the Z06. The thought of a stock v8 being faster than mine burns me to mod even more.

Upcoming mods will make mine far superior.

Last edited by Jp7; 10-15-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-15-2008
7thgens official a$$hole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold

If I want something fast, uncomfortable, and semi-streetable but definatly a racer. I have my stretched out turbo R1. I've never seen anything on the streets that can come close to it in a drag race or top speed for that matter.

I don't want to have to suffer becasue I'm a retarded and decided to strip all the junk out of my car on my 35 mile drive everyday to work.
And don't want my gf to bitch at me because I'm reterded and stripped all the amenities out of my car and made it uncomfortable and annoingly loud.
Old 10-15-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
If I want something fast, uncomfortable, and semi-streetable but definatly a racer. I have my stretched out turbo R1. I've never seen anything on the streets that can come close to it in a drag race or top speed for that matter.

I don't want to have to suffer becasue I'm a retarded and decided to strip all the junk out of my car on my 35 mile drive everyday to work.
And don't want my gf to bitch at me because I'm reterded and stripped all the amenities out of my car and made it uncomfortable and annoingly loud.

If I had a girlfriend I wouldnt be able to afford a heavily modded evo.

My trim is not removed, just the sound deadener - (20 lbs saved I think it was)

Radio is removed not only because I dont listen to it, I like to hear the car. I have a total of 6 52mm gauges that I NEED to tune the car.

Last edited by Jp7; 10-15-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

MagnusPete is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always pick up something like this:

http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/gal...ragmonster.htm

Just had to share a little something we've been working on

Regardless of what EVO you decide to go with, talk to us, we can help you out with any mods/tech questions you may have.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

evo keeps getting uglier every time. the first one that came out looked decent, second one started to get cheaper, the latest version idk what it even looks like anymore lol. and everyone i know that has one says its a constant problem factory. ive never heard of a clutch going out in less than a year of owning the car.
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jp7
I don't want a "grown up" car. I bought an Evo IX because I wanted an extremist fast basically "Street Legal" racecar (Even know, with my current mods I am technically illegal)

Performance cars and luxury sedans are blurring too close together. In order to be the fastest, you should have to sacrifice luxury.

I want a lighten up the car, so I remove the stock battery and use a motorcycle battery kit, to save me weight and reduce intercooler piping length - as a result I have no radio (can't hear it over the BOV and exhaust anyways)

If you want comfort why not buy a soft plush car why not buy a Honda Accord, or a Toyota Camry.

If I was faster than only 90% of the cars on the road then I would be pretty slow. As it is now it burns me up inside that I can only closely keep up with the Z06. The thought of a stock v8 being faster than mine burns me to mod even more.

Thats why i bought the mercedes. I get german luxury and styling with enough power to run mid to low 13's stock. Then with a couple simple mods, i can hit 12's if i wanted it. This is full leather interior, heated power seats, 4dr and still manage to get 22-25mpg.

Why would you want to spend $20-32k to turn your car into a giant go kart?

How many z06's do you actually see on the road on any given day? i live in southern california, which is basically the car capital of the US and i've only seen maybe 1 or 2 corvettes a month on the road and there just the base.

Even if you see a z06, can you even race one in bumper to bumper traffic?

I would rather sacrifice .3-.5 second on the quarter mile to have comfortable and quiet car when i'm stuck in traffic for an hr.
Old 10-15-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
evo keeps getting uglier every time. the first one that came out looked decent, second one started to get cheaper, the latest version idk what it even looks like anymore lol. and everyone i know that has one says its a constant problem factory. ive never heard of a clutch going out in less than a year of owning the car.
evo V my favorite
Stock clutch here - 381whp (430/440bhp) - no problems. 13K Miles.
Old 10-15-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yes older evos ftw!
Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Gearbox was referring to the stock clutch going out when ppl do this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGg1mGfs9uY&NR=1[/youtube]
Old 10-15-2008
Premium Member

haha wow why would you do something like that.

heres a nice evo

Old 10-15-2008
Registered!!

EM2MAGMET914 can only hope to improve

this post is a result of owning a civic and spending so much money for not enough power gains does to ppl
but AGH!! i loveeeeddd the evo especially when i started playing Gran Turismo omg fav car and then i started to hate it when it turned into the middle class persons civic....after TFFAF and NFS came out with evo's in them everyone wanted one and ugh i loved it when nobody knew about it and could appreciate its wonders
but now i can even find a riced out evo wich makes me cry but the evo gearbox posted........ well done very nice LOVE IT!
when you need to carry a jumpstarted to turn on ur evo cuz u rather run it on the alternator than carry a weighty battery i think thats just
Old 10-16-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

Mine...

Old 10-17-2008
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold

^^^Very nice
Old 10-17-2008
Registered!!

brownryce is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ajhdragon
And please nobody say get an STi, I don't liek the new STi's at all in anyway, nor the style previous to it. And do not want to get an 04 because it is to old.
lmao!
Old 10-17-2008
Registered!!

brownryce is an unknown quantity at this point

does anyone know how much the ct230mr kit costs or where you can even get it? sorry for the non civic topic...
Old 10-17-2008
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

EVO IX skeets on the X...in the X its a new motor and its not nearly as nice or as powerful as the IX....
Old 10-17-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CivicFreak03
EVO IX skeets on the X...in the X its a new motor and its not nearly as nice or as powerful as the IX....
Not to mention the motor is mounted backwards in the CZ.
Old 10-17-2008
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jp7

Here is what I want you to do:

Read this statement out loud to yourself and when you finally realize what your saying you let me know...

I am we todd did, I am we todd did, I am sofa king we todd did.
Old 10-17-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

Originally Posted by joe6680
Here is what I want you to do:

Read this statement out loud to yourself and when you finally realize what your saying you let me know...

I am we todd did, I am we todd did, I am sofa king we todd did.
i am fasta than u, i am fasta than u, even wif out my rear wheels i am sofa king fasta than u.

Last edited by Jp7; 10-17-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2008
Registered!!

IMSHANE will become famous soon enough

^ owned. haha.

i would go with the IX personally. I like how in that gen there was a difference between the EVO's and the regular Lancers looks. The X have the same body style as the Lancer. Its like buying the SI version of honda. Also buying the "used" one would be the better buy for the money. Just an opinion.
Old 10-17-2008
Registered!!

srathwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Evo IX in my opinion
Looks better, lighter, more parts and mods available, I wish the different gens of the Evo were legal here in Canada : (
Old 10-18-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

Originally Posted by srathwell
Evo IX in my opinion
Looks better, lighter, more parts and mods available, I wish the different gens of the Evo were legal here in Canada : (
Don't complain man, you have to only wait 15 years for a JDM car to age before you can import it. You can buy a BNR32, or a FD3S.

You can import an older Evo, an Evo I - CD9A

I would give up my CT for an R32 any day.
Old 10-18-2008
Registered!!

Guso is an unknown quantity at this point

i have always een in love with evo ix's ever snece the release in late 05. i think the evo ix is the way to go!
Old 10-18-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

So I have had my adjustable racing coilovers on for 1 year, and I decided I needed to go down more.

I went 1/2 inch front, and 3/4 inch rear.

Don't know how much I took it down last year when I put them on.

I'm really happy with how it handles and looks. I have an alignment appointment monday.

Yes I know this has nothing to do with the interior shot but I had no pics of my dash in the day so...
Old 10-18-2008
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

You should save your money and get some hooked on phonics dvd's and learn to spell.

But seriously, get the IX, power is not that much more and the IX has the better looks.
Old 10-18-2008
Premium Member

wow Jp7 very clean evo you got there. i hope that front lip doesnt scrape too much
Old 10-18-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

wow Jp7 very clean evo you got there. i hope that front lip doesnt scrape too much
The stock MR has a rubber lip under the plastic lip to protect the plastic. This is the only thing that has historically scraped for me (its designed to protect it) - I only went 1/2" down the front, and 3/4" down rear (from my already lowered and not really scraping level) - I cut about 1 inch off the rubber lip to prevent it from rubbing (you can see the cut isnt perfectly smooth) but there is plenty of rubber left to protect the plastic painted portion. The only thing I am worried about is the wideband O2 sensor I have in my test pipe because it hangs only slightly down from the 9 oclock position. I may fabricate a shield.
Old 10-22-2008
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

wow slammin your evo will actually make it handle worse lol

I like the new X and all but I love my IX more.
Old 10-22-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 2k1civic01
wow slammin your evo will actually make it handle worse lol

yeah i heard the same thing. not sure if it was true or not.
Old 10-22-2008
Jp7
Registered!!

haven't scraped yet since lowering Saturday. Most of the miles I drive go on my Ranger (my true DD)

Quick Reply: EVO IX or EVO X