Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Latest Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
My Latest Project

Well, I've been wanting to do something different for quite a while now, but I couldn't figure out just what exactly. I looked into getting away from cars completely and buy a business from the family or start my own of some sort. With the economy in the condition it is, starting another business or even buying one is a little risky and not to mention a pain in the ***. So I'm sticking with what I have for now and will continue to wrench on cars. I ran into a customer of mine the other day and we started discussing some ideas. I built the big block in his Cadillac a couple months ago and now he wants to completely restore the whole car. It is in pretty good shape the way it sits, but he said he wants nothing less than perfect. I picked the car up yesterday and spent the entire morning ordering parts and lining up other work to be done. I'm going to do all the interior, all chrome will be rechromed, paint, rewire, rebuild all electric motors, refurbish entire a/c system, tidy up the engine bay, and hide some modern audio in the car. Should be a sweet project. I've wanted to restore classic cars for a while and now it looks like I can finally do it. Here's some pics of how she sits now. 1965 Cadillac DeVille Convertible.

Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Latest Project

hot damn. thats one clean lac. its being restored? it looks super clean already IMHO. that thing is gonna be show stoppin lol.
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough

he bought the car a while back and drove it as it. he brought it to me with the motor knocking and a blown headgasket. i did the motor and he kept driving it as is. he had been wanting to do more but the shop i was at had outrageous labor rates and it held him back. i had been doing stuff on the side and recently went out on my own and i ran into him and we got rollin on a full restoration. this will be my 4th full restoration. im looking forward to it. only drawback is its a lac and parts are a superbitch to find and these cars were way advanced for their time and i think they over complicated a few things in the process. this car has full auto climate control, power windows, power seats, auto dimming lights, and a few other goodies. should be fun
Old 10-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i know lol it looks done already
Old 10-13-2008
Registered!!

ill take pics of the flaws as i fix them. its got surface rust under the paint on the entire car, rusted quarters, i just ordered new rubber for the whole car, and some interior flaws