Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

gearbox's crappy photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
gearbox's crappy photoshoot

well i dont have time to find some good spots, so i took some pic at walmart when i was getting stuff for bbq hamburgers tonight. will prolly be working on bro's rsx most of the day.

some pic in front of the house with 92 accord

at walmart parking lot lol. lemme know what you think.

Last edited by gearbox; 10-11-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: gearbox's crappy photoshoot

Very nice pictures of your car. Did you get tired of the TDM led rear tails?
Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

eh yeah the led tails just didnt match the car as well as stock.

a few few pics of the HIDS

Old 10-11-2008
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Love the retrofit as always!
Old 10-11-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Hello mr. Gearbox, I would liked to know what kind of car do you have? If so you can tell me, please to let me know.

You know what dude, I really don't like silver cars. Most of them seem boring. But I do like your car. I think your ride is a good example of what a silver 7thgen should look like. Nice work!

I knew this one guy that had the same generation accord that you have, but he cut the springs on it, it was well....how do I say, pretty ghetto!
Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member

yeah silver is kinda plain but i work with what i got. i saw an 05 civic in RED yesterday and it looked hot! ive never seen before but i guess they made some like that.
Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

I like the Leds you had on there, I also have them on mine. Did you switch the window brake light back to stock too?
Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member

no, kept the window light as led. its the only led on the outside of the car now. but it matches the stock tail color and is a ton brighter.
Old 10-11-2008
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

i kept thinking... 'window brake light...window brake light...' took a second to realize it was the third brake light :P

you don't have LEDs in your side marker lights anymore? i thought you did a retro on those as well....

but yea, nice and clean...i know you're limited, but have you thought about the red/clear tails at all? they look good on a silver sedan... i'll post a pic i you want to see what they look like...
Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member

i really like the stock tails and the sidemarkers i went back to amber bulb so it flashes the same as front signal. i got some toshiba wy5w natural amber bulbs (brightest you can get) from the VW dealer. theyre really hard to find!
Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

still sweet like always...looks very nice...
Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member

few more crappy pics z

Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

supafil25 will become famous soon enough

how did you retrofit those projectors in there. thats wat i want to do maybe
Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member

they are the very tiny bmw e46 single xenon projector (bosch). i got new clear headlamps off ebay for $100, then cut a hole in the reflector and mounted the projector with bolts that i got to match the ones that hold the projector together. then i trimmed shrouds to fit around them and block light from coming out the sides, and then glued on a front bezel to make it look nice (shower drain). here are few pics. there are by far better projectors, but its hard to make them fit and look good.

Last edited by gearbox; 10-11-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2008
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
lemme know what you think.

i think you should buy my TDM tails

Old 10-11-2008
Premium Member

post some more pics of them plz so i can decide! lol. does it take a clear bulb in the signal area?
Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

ONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura aboutONE7thREBUILT has a spectacular aura about

I hated those stock tails on mine, your reverse lights don't quite look so pink for some reason, I guess silver hides it. Btw I like the headlights, what'd all end up costin?
Old 10-11-2008
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
post some more pics of them plz so i can decide! lol. does it take a clear bulb in the signal area?
what kind of pics do you want?

yes, clear bulb...it has an insert within the lens that makes it light up amber even through the red lens
Old 10-11-2008

manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute

nice engine bay....

...sleeper EX... (no 'VTEC' on the valve cover)

...'knock-off' neuspeed strut bar

....relocation of fuse box (is it just sitting there, or re-bolted back on?

and is that still your RSR exhaust? i've contemplated getting an exhaust. saw yours, and liked the clean stock' look of it. but not the prices i've found for it

(btw, don't take any of that negatively)

Last edited by manahoonie; 10-11-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-11-2008
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all

i want a retro......soo cleaaaan
Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

nice pics gearbox...does this mean your back in NV? Have you thought of using e46 shrouds to make it look more oem?
Old 10-11-2008
Retired member

samadj91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Of your mods, I think your interior trim and headlights are the best.
Old 10-11-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

let see some cut off pixs!
Old 10-11-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey is that a wire tuck i see
Old 10-11-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by manahoonie
...'knock-off' neuspeed strut bar
or does it just have the sticker removed

as always it is a classic example of a tastfully done 7thgen
Old 10-11-2008

Originally Posted by sniperscout
or does it just have the sticker removed

as always it is a classic example of a tastfully done 7thgen
ummm... that part was a little joke... i know it's a Neuspeed bar. just the sticker removed. I'm sorry you didn't get it.
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

Eww such crappy pics! and its funny i was saying i know the work of gearbox i Really wanna see the interior pics more than exterior And i did get to see some and in no way was i dissapointed super! CLEAN! CLEAN AND SIMPLE!
Old 10-12-2008
Registered!!

Geoo is an unknown quantity at this point

hey gearbox where did u get the amber bulbs for your headlights?
Old 10-12-2008
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

awesome retros....I really wish I did mine in a chrome tyc instead of the black ones. Ever gonna sell yours ?
Old 10-12-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by ONE7thREBUILT
I hated those stock tails on mine, your reverse lights don't quite look so pink for some reason, I guess silver hides it. Btw I like the headlights, what'd all end up costin?
yeah after a while the pink fades away and it gets whiter. this pair i got off ebay a week ago and seems like its seen alot of sun. headlights, well i had to buy two sets of sedan lights due to my messups and experiments. shouldve been around $500 total, but ended up costing more.

Originally Posted by FALKEN
what kind of pics do you want?

yes, clear bulb...it has an insert within the lens that makes it light up amber even through the red lens
would you be able to take some clear day pics? and some with the signal on? im just trying to see what that signal lens looks like when off (is it pink like reverse light or is it red like stock tails), and how amber or orange the signal is so it matches my orange bulbs up front.

Originally Posted by manahoonie

....relocation of fuse box (is it just sitting there, or re-bolted back on?

and is that still your RSR exhaust? i've contemplated getting an exhaust. saw yours, and liked the clean stock' look of it. but not the prices i've found for it

(btw, don't take any of that negatively)
its sitting there lol. yeah its rsr exhaust, its loud but it looks nice so i live with it

back in nevada yeah, e46 shrouds actually didnt fit the way i wanted! and i like this look too...

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
let see some cut off pixs!
behold my amazing yellow and blurry cutoff

Originally Posted by Maple50175
Hey is that a wire tuck i see
im guessing this is sarcasm lol. i have quite a few (more like 20) more wires than stock. my + terminal has about 5 different wires going to it, and my radiator ground does too. or maybe it was just good lighting

Originally Posted by Geoo
hey gearbox where did u get the amber bulbs for your headlights?

ebay seller "autopartshouse" is the only place ive been able to find real 7443 natural amber bulbs where the color doesnt fade. and these are 25w for signal instead of 21w stock.

Originally Posted by doctor
awesome retros....I really wish I did mine in a chrome tyc instead of the black ones. Ever gonna sell yours ?
hmm no lol. i dont think anytime soon, they still look brand new and are holding up really well since april with the 50w philips bulbs.

Quick Reply: gearbox's crappy photoshoot