Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

what else should I paint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
what else should I paint?

Ok, bare with me here.

Tomorrow, I will be painting my door panels, just the middle part red. Now, the paint that Im using, I know it sounds weird, but it's alsa's soft touch paint, and it's a catalyst activated paint, which means that I can only use it for 24 hours. (once activated.) So here's the question, should I paint some other parts of the interior, such as the air vents etc? Or just do the door panels. The reason I ask is because the soft touch paint can is like 40 bucks, and I don't wanna waste it. Do you think painting some more interior pieces would be ricey? Or what? Any additional comments welcome.
Old 09-25-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: what else should I paint?

well, if ur gonna paint ur whole car red....then if u paint the interior red, it'll be alright....but make sure u paint the center console red as well....if you JUST paint ur airvents, its gonna look wack as hell
Old 09-25-2008
Registered!!

army12bc will become famous soon enough

door handle parts like the part outside the chrome peice. anything black on the dash area and center console black parts. could paint the mirror and map light peice.
Old 09-25-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

I have got to see how this turns out.
Old 09-25-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Alright well I came to the conclusion that I will not be painting the vents, because that Is a lil too much for me, I'd rather have a mostly stock looking interior, with accents such as a carbon fiber overlay, or not even. I'm thinking the simpler the better. As of right now, Im just going to do the doors, if I can think of anything else, then I'll do it....

Ha ha, Im thinking about painting my key with the soft paint.... just the top part, where it has the honda logo...
Old 09-25-2008
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

paint your carpets! lol
Old 09-25-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Heh, that would be weird. Anyway, I started doing the red, no clear yet, so I still have a chance to paint something else, but not sure. I don't think I'm going to. Just because I shouldn't go overboard... the good news is that I will still have plenty of red left over, well at least I think so. So if something else comes along that I want to paint, I can still use the same red color, but just with a regular clear coat.
Old 09-25-2008
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

wanna see some pics man!
Old 09-25-2008
A long winded 7th genr

For sure dude.

Just got done doing the clear, and well it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot left in the can anyways, so it's ok that I didn't get to paint something else. It's fine with me...

Two side notes... holy crap, this is the brightest red Ive ever seen! and the clear is really cool, it's like a flat paint, but it's soft WEIRD! I'm going to start another thread when I get it all done.
Old 09-25-2008
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

cool man i cant wait!!!!!
Old 09-25-2008
Registered!!

CivicDriver03 is on a distinguished road

yeah man i wanna see pics also i might do this sumtime so i wanna see how it turns out what color is ur car?
Old 09-25-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Who me? It's all primer right now.... probably going to do a dark gray...
Old 09-26-2008
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all

Ya I was thinking about painting my Compustar fob and also my Blackberry casing the same colour as my car. But I'm wondering if it would all rub off on my hands, clothes and the case.