Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Trunk Setup Finished

Old 08-18-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Trunk Setup Finished

My audio is all done

Alpine 9883 HU

Alpine MRP-F450 4ch amp

Infinity 611a monoblock amp

2 Alpine Type-R 10"

1 Pioneer 10"

Polk Momo components

Old 08-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: Trunk Setup Finished

why not lose the pioneer sub and just go with the two alpines?
Old 08-18-2008
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was hoping for something more flashy but nice set up
Old 08-18-2008
Registered!!

supafil25 will become famous soon enough

ya you should get matching subs and finish off that carpet
Old 08-18-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

lol the box is done and it was a lot of work. third sub is staying.

and the carpet is done. the little wood you see will be painted black soon.

An amp under a plexiglass window is flashy enough for me. Theres fiberglass under that carpet too
Old 08-19-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

jeeeze.....is that enough bass for you? lol
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

widegts is on a distinguished road

You dont know how to tuck carpet? Why would you do build that and half *** it by painting it.

Another thing is mixing subs is a no no. They interfere with each other. As dumb as it sounds its true. Plus it looks bad.
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

just extend the carpet over it and staple/tape it down from the bottom. ncie set up but i agree with the losing the 3rd sub thing, looks completely off. you could just buy a 10' type r
Old 08-19-2008
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about

looks heavy
Old 08-19-2008
Official Wish He Knew It All

HyeHonda05 will become famous soon enough

Not my style AT ALL......why not just get another Alpine Type R....
Old 08-19-2008
Diamond Member

i dont have enough amp power for a third type-r. the only reason i put the pioneer in was its specs matched up perfectly with the 4ch amps bridged poewr for 3 and 4 channel
Old 08-19-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Not a bad start Envy. you should see mine, after a while even being mounted and bolted down, the carpet seems to shift somehow. I want to do away with the box, and go with a fiberglass enclosure, or a sunken trunk space for the subs.
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

for the work put in but i agree with everyone else... a third type r and a better/bigger power amp to keep a flow and if you going to do that much work you may as well have tucked the carpet instead of taping... but again for the work you put in!!!
Old 08-19-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

RMS?

MAX?

Bridged?
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

seelsy is an unknown quantity at this point

hopefully you've got that plexiglass enclosure for ur amp vented well cuz those alpine amps throw some big heat from the top, u could run into some major problems if its no ventilated properly
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

hypnotic20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that I was looking at it, good luck with getting the spare.
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

^^spare was removed in order to fit the amp (im assuming, you mentioned fiberglass)so i guess bass is more important than being able to drive home when you have a flat...and yes its a ok first build, but it really does look have ***, no tucked carpet and the cut on the wood on the left side of the amp is wavy as hell
Old 08-19-2008
Diamond Member

the carpet was stapled, not glued or taped. the spare is still in theree, the plexi glass floor is easily removable, as is the window for better venting if i dont needd a floor to carry stuff.
Alpine 4ch amp is
Bridged 1+2 to put out 200rms between two Polk/Momo components
Bridged 3+4 to put out 200rms to the Pioneer sub

Infinity 611a is running 2 Ohms between the two alpines at 660rms (its underrated however)

i really dont care about peak power as its not important
i bet im the only 7th gen running polk components

and teh fiberglass is a seal of the box. the box is 3 seperate chambers, each tuned to each sub. sound coating spray on the inside, fiberglass on the outside.
12 gauge speaker wire everywhere
box weighs 112lbs, but even though my type-r's are slightly underpowered, I bet my two tens with their perfect enclosures will be louder than 75% of most 2-12" setups

oh and the wood is perfectly cut, its just that the carpet hasnt settle down yet, giving it that illusion. everything was cut with a straightedge.
and if the carpet was tucked, the plexiglass window would not fit in
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

madflyer72 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah man i would def switch that pioneer out cause the subs do interface with each other and having 2 alpines and one pioneer will def set it off. In my line of work i have seen a ton of subs come in and they will be all different in the same box. i mean it may look cool but once you take that pioneer sub out you sound quality should go up a lot cause 1. the amp has less subs to power thus increasing the 2 alpines on eachside and 2. it looks better. Idk u could always like put some neon light behind there and put a plexi glass window where that pioneer one is.
Old 08-19-2008
Diamond Member

lol the alpines are powered off theyre own amp, the pionner off a seperate. and teh sound quality is wonderful thank you
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough

Looks decent I guess, but if you have more experience, planing, researching, and put more time into it, it would look much better.
A little tip. Buy glue in a spray can to glue your carpet $5...and learn to fold carpet. I'll be 10X cleaning than stapling them.
Old 08-19-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i'm sure you're proud of your work, but it really does look half-assed. i'd consider removing the center sub and putting a cap there or maybe just redesigning your box and porting it for the type R's.

as for the plexiglass window and not fitting with carpet? come on now, u can come up with a better excuse than that. sandpaper and wood files are your friend.

a little more time and patience and your work could look much better and get the attention you came here looking for. in it's current state though, you're not getting much but disdain.

just my opinion though. take it for what it's worth...
Old 08-20-2008
Diamond Member

yea i realize that. ill post pics again once i fix the plexiglass thing. but the third sub is staying, but someone suggested putting it magnet out, which i may do. and this is the third enclosure ive had, and i had a ported one, and it sounded like ***.