Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

megan racing lx header

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dust is an unknown quantity at this point
megan racing lx header

do we lx guys need the megan racing downpipe or are we good to go with header and catback?
Old 07-18-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: megan racing lx header

You need the DP man. You will be catless after this as well.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

okay i have been searching but why is the downpipe made for the ex? using the lx magnaflow catback i wont have room for it
Old 07-18-2008

Ahhh OK, that probably changes things a little. Most times LX folks get a header, EX DP and EX catback. By getting the LX catback you've changed things a little. Does your current catback come in 2 or 3 pieces and where does it bolt up to your cat? Right there by the block?
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

Lord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of lightLord ET is a glorious beacon of light

you can always take all of your things to a muffler shop and say...please connect these.
Old 07-18-2008

^^^^ Good advice. Mastercard and a smile go a long way.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

i believe megan racing makes a lx header now... it should bolt right up to your lx magnaflow exhaust as long as it connects directly to the header already which it should.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

KTciv_03 can only hope to improve

or you could do what i did and get the ex megan header (cheaper) and megan downpipe. you could still use your magnaflow catback because doesnt it have a removable piece to allow ex fitment as well??? do that!
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

KTciv_03 can only hope to improve

ex megan header and downpipe. around 220 shipped for both around ebay. or dezod sells them pretty cheap. or you could spend almost 200 for just the lx megan header.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

yea i have the header made for the lx so it will bolt right up to the lx magnaflow catback. to foos yes the catback starts right at the block so my next question is the header has the two bungs i need but i will be catless so will i throw a CEL. if so is this where those defoulers come in?
Old 07-18-2008

Exactly. The $4 fix that will solve all your CEL problems. Weren't you boosting your ride not too long ago?
Old 07-18-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by dust
yea i have the header made for the lx so it will bolt right up to the lx magnaflow catback. to foos yes the catback starts right at the block so my next question is the header has the two bungs i need but i will be catless so will i throw a CEL. if so is this where those defoulers come in?
If you got a LX header, and an LX catback, then your set.. you'll need a nonfouler for the bank2 O2 sensor (the secondary one) so that you dont throw cells.
Old 07-18-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

weapon-r sells one thats angle which is a little pricey but the spark plug none fouler wont work becuase it puts the o2 sensor right into the side of the ac condenser
Old 07-18-2008
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

why wouldnt it, i did mine that way... megan racing header, and test pipe... i got 2 foulers... and drilled one out... slid the sensor insode.... and 2 months later still no CEL! my sensor is close but never touches!
Old 07-18-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

why wouldnt it, i did mine that way... megan racing header, and test pipe... i got 2 foulers... and drilled one out... slid the sensor insode.... and 2 months later still no CEL! my sensor is close but never touches!
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

if ur not lx then u wouldnt know, but the lx header is closer to the ac condenser, as stated already(no offense) it simply wont fit, i have kamikaze, and o2 non foulers simply dont work, i had to get a bent one from a member here, 10 bucks or something, but works great
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

thanks guys so what other alternatives are there to a defouler. to foos yea my turbo kit is complete oil pan is tapped (twice) but no leaks for a month now. i have all the elbows, reducers, gaskets, etc all the nickel and dime stuff. i ended up with a greddy emanage, pressure sensor, dezod pnp harness and a profec e01 with a wideband wired into it for 200 from a local guy down here thats going kpro. the ONLY thing holding me back from boost is making time for a shop to do my intercooler piping. i have a about 4 u bends, 3 45 degree angles, 2 90 degree angles, and straight piping. i take a vacation from work the week before school starts back so i will try then. i have this header for a while now sittin up gettin dusty so i wanted to put in on and see how richer the maggy can sound.
Old 07-19-2008

Nice pickup on the Profec. If that exhaust is only going to be on there for a little while, then don't worry about the CEL and trying to make the non-foulers fit. It's not going to hurt anything so slap that **** on there and see how it sounds!
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

foos so it wont run rich?
Old 07-19-2008

Nope. The secondary O2 sensor is only to make sure the cat is functioning. The car reads everything it needs for AFRs off the primary sensor.
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

well foos and to all install took a while but we got it done. question: any guys using the lx header using the supplied rubber gasket to connect their catback to the header or did u just bolt em up. I didnt use the gasket and i can hear a slight leak but the gasket didnt fit the maggy. i used that defouler trick twice with no CELs so im happy. but working out the way to keep the sensor wires from touching the header was a bitch! so i wrapped the sensor lines and the part of the header the primary sensor touches. How long will the wrap smoke for? yea but now she sounds baddass above 4k rpm. so now i can successfully say i have been the i/h/e route and can now embrace my turbo build.
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

just got back in from riding and i have a CEL since it is because im now catless can i just ignore it without having any problems at all?
Old 07-19-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

itll mess with fuel mixture a little bit, but its not a huge deal, i drove with mine for like 8 weeks, no biggie tho
Old 07-19-2008
Registered!!

how can i fix it?
Old 07-19-2008
Banned

bent spark plug nonfouler, dont ask me how to do it, i bought mine here ... or get a high flow cat, extend ur o2 and put it after hte cat
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

should i disconnect the positive side off the battery for ten minutes or try to reset like the manual says? I ve been reading the search results for this but i need some lx guys who have been through this. yea im using the defouler trick.
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

okay post review of megan racing header for lx. um... SUCKS for me!! First thing with me being lx and having lost cat with stock headers i completely lost all backpressure needed for low end driving (city) the clutch no longer pulled the car without heavy gas, hills are now a joke - no lo end torque - and it made my maggy sound like crap. My exhaust sound got so high pitched and raspy just couldnt take it. So I put it on Sat and just took it off last night. My opinion if u wanna go headers get a 4-2-1 or just go turbo. Im putting my car in the shop next week to get my i/c piping fabbed. anyother feedback on 4-1 headers post up!
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

ahailey will become famous soon enough

i've also tried the defouler trick but not enough clearance so it won't work, CEL has been on for a couple of months now but doesn't seem to be driving any differently. where can you get one of these bent defoulers you speak of?
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

use one of the 18mm defoulers drilled out to 1/2" go to lowes or home depot and get a 18mm 90 degree elbow that fits the threaded end of the defouler and insert the sensor into that end. it cleared the compressor and did the trick for me.
Old 07-23-2008
Registered!!

yea im gonna cut that header in half weld a t25 flange to it get that bastard dipped in the jet hot and use that as a mani instead of that hks cast mani i have.

Quick Reply: megan racing lx header