JULY ROTM- Let the Voting Begin! - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

View Poll Results: choose the best
2DoorVic 22 32.84%
CivicFreak03 9 13.43%
JeyDog7 2 2.99%
tragedy 0 0%
gearbox 5 7.46%
sniperscout 29 43.28%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2008   #31
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: JULY ROTM- Let the Voting Begin!

People who have modded their engines/swapped have different views than people who do not. It isn't a matter of me > than anybody else, but the facts. People who build engines deserve respect. People who mod the exterior want that same respect, but it doesn't work the same way, and until you have seen real performance gains, you won't understand. I think most performance guys will agree with me. The meaning of rice hasn't changed, people who aren't into the performance aspect have tried to change it so they aren't associated with being "ricey". But this is strictly my opinion, yours is your own.

This isn't me trying to talk down on anyone or me saying "I'm better than you," it's just the fact of the matter.
Old 07-03-2008   #32
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
People who have modded their engines/swapped have different views than people who do not. It isn't a matter of me > than anybody else, but the facts. People who build engines deserve respect. People who mod the exterior want that same respect, but it doesn't work the same way, and until you have seen real performance gains, you won't understand. I think most performance guys will agree with me. The meaning of rice hasn't changed, people who aren't into the performance aspect have tried to change it so they aren't associated with being "ricey". But this is strictly my opinion, yours is your own.

This isn't me trying to talk down on anyone or me saying "I'm better than you," it's just the fact of the matter.
Andy you have to agree that someone could easily have a 300whp em2 that looked like ****.
Old 07-03-2008   #33
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I used to, lol. What's that got to do with anything?
Old 07-03-2008   #34
Registered!!

CivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura aboutCivicFreak03 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
This contest would be fun if people could just photoshop the bugesus outta their submissions....

Rufus, you holding out on me lol....hook me up I need a new desktop wallpaper and a banner for my signature lol...jus use my submissions
Old 07-03-2008   #35
Turbo Guru

Quote:
Andy you have to agree that someone could easily have a 300whp em2 that looked like ****.
Woot!
Old 07-03-2008   #36
Registered!!

2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicFreak03 View Post
Rufus, you holding out on me lol....hook me up I need a new desktop wallpaper and a banner for my signature lol...jus use my submissions
x2 i need something sweet like that for my desktop at work!
Old 07-03-2008   #37
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout View Post
Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia
Old 07-03-2008   #38
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, I used to, lol. What's that got to do with anything?
What do you mean "What's that got to do with anything?"

The entire basis of your arguement is that performance mods trump all other mods including exterior, interior, etc.

If it's a voting system based on the overall build, I'm sure the masses would much rather vote a good looking, tastefully done car with a moderate performance build sheet than a lump of **** pushing out 400whp. This has nothing to do with your car, we're just making a point that the term "tuning" has developed into a term that defines an entire build (interior, exterior, and engine). If it wasn't, SEMA would be full of stock looking cars pushing 1000whp.
Old 07-03-2008   #39
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Man I cant decide so i'm not gonna vote.... there's too many great looking cars....
Old 07-03-2008   #40
Turbo Guru

Quote:
What do you mean "What's that got to do with anything?"

The entire basis of your arguement is that performance mods trump all other mods including exterior, interior, etc.

If it's a voting system based on the overall build, I'm sure the masses would much rather vote a good looking, tastefully done car with a moderate performance build sheet than a lump of **** pushing out 400whp. This has nothing to do with your car, we're just making a point that the term "tuning" has developed into a term that defines an entire build (interior, exterior, and engine). If it wasn't, SEMA would be full of stock looking cars pushing 1000whp.
Moderate performance build sheet? Yeah, but I don't consider an intake and a header a "moderate performance build sheet" lol.
Old 07-03-2008   #41
Premium Member

I get your point, but you get my point though, right?
Old 07-03-2008   #42
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

While a lot of hardcore car people may agree with this, the masses just like cars that look "cool." When people see a good looking car, they like it and vote for it. Unless theyve drive a 200+whp car, they dont know what your 400hp car feels. They dont know how to gauge its importance because its not something subjective that appeals to their taste.
People are usually subjective about their cars (If its styled to their taste, the balance of the car, and the general feel)
Theyre usually not objective because a car has so many variables its hard to compare directly

A car is a sum of its parts and people like how it all pans out together

Last edited by Envy; 07-03-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2008   #43
Registered!!

damian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura aboutdamian02civic has a spectacular aura about

Sniperscout for the wiiiiin.

+1 buddy.
Old 07-04-2008   #44
Registered!!

Christian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to beholdChristian Calim is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

so i guess your saying more than 90% of us in this site is rice since we are not fast and just mod our exterior to look good, and your not because you have 300whp?
Its all comes to a persons taste in what there looking for when modding our cars. Its just of fact of the matter and ff course performance guys will agree with you because thats what there into.
Old 07-04-2008   #45
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

^I think you are blowing it out of proportion
Old 07-04-2008   #46
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

I don't care either way. I honeslty like tasteful rice. What can I say. Pass me the chop sticks.
Old 07-04-2008   #47
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i love rice too, im a ricer but i dont care lol. its what makes the road exciting. who cares about a bunch of near stock or run down cars driving around.
Old 07-05-2008   #48
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

soo....is the voting over now?
Old 07-05-2008   #49
Turbo Guru

Quote:
I get your point, but you get my point though, right?
Yeah, I do. I wouldn't want a car that was torn up looking repping the site, at the same time, I wouldn't want a car with no performance repping the site, either... But it's like you said, a good balance over one extreme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Calim View Post
so i guess your saying more than 90% of us in this site is rice since we are not fast and just mod our exterior to look good, and your not because you have 300whp?
Its all comes to a persons taste in what there looking for when modding our cars. Its just of fact of the matter and ff course performance guys will agree with you because thats what there into.
That isn't what I said. A good friend of mine has an na d17 and has made several engine related performance mods that have gotten him over 150 whp. It isn't 300, but it's still respectable in my book. He's actually seeing performance gains. If he rolled up on a stock (or near stock) d17, he would own it hard. His car isn't "just" looks. It doesn't take much savvy to throw some wheels on a car, or a kit, but it takes time, dedication, and patience to mod an engine. But this is what I'm talking about in my original post. People get all worked up if they think they're being associated with rice. It isn't an insult like you think. It isn't "altezza lgihts" and "neon washer led's" a car can look good and look fast but it's still slow, right? That's all that it means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
i love rice too, im a ricer but i dont care lol. its what makes the road exciting. who cares about a bunch of near stock or run down cars driving around.
Your car has alot of functionailty to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperscout View Post
soo....is the voting over now?
Yeah, apparently triz is out to lunch.

Last edited by andyman97; 07-05-2008 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-05-2008   #50
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

Did he buy Kpro to reach 150hp on the d17?
Old 07-05-2008   #51
Turbo Guru

Yeah, he sure did, and he's not tuned for his current setup. I'm willing to bet he'll get around 170 or so once he gets it tuned. He'll be running with n/a rsx's which isn't bad for an n/a d17. If he did a good direct port nitrous setup, he'd be running low 13's easy.
Old 07-05-2008   #52
skate or die

Quote:
Yeah, he sure did, and he's not tuned for his current setup. I'm willing to bet he'll get around 170 or so once he gets it tuned. He'll be running with n/a rsx's which isn't bad for an n/a d17. If he did a good direct port nitrous setup, he'd be running low 13's easy.
Whew that's cool. krpo is the way to go.
Old 07-06-2008   #53
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I dont have the ability to load pictures to the server, so I cant get it up yet, waiting till monday for the owners to hollar at me.
Old 07-06-2008   #54
You VTEC...I-VTEC

what exactly are you putting into the banner?
Old 07-06-2008   #55
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Havent came up with it yet, hollar at unevolved, hes going to make it.
Old 11-02-2008   #56
Registered!!

kugmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Some pictures are just missing...
Old 11-02-2008   #57
You VTEC...I-VTEC

so you bumped an old thread to tell us the pics dont work....quit trying to boost your post count with worthless posts
Old 11-02-2008   #58
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah pics are missing cause this thread was from july. its october now
Old 11-02-2008   #59
Premium Member

BTW, I'd say they are all missing. No1 cared about the ROTM so we stopped. And the header never changed because I never got a image from unevolved... anyone else feel free to make one and we can change it.
Old 11-02-2008   #60
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

honestly gear (and to all the mods)

i think that people should summmmit their car in for you for whatever month it is, and i think the MODs should decide who the ROTM is, and then have a ROTM thread with each month and the members of the winning month on a thread...

and on that thread you can have like the specs and story of that member and his car...

v6p.net does an excelent job of their ROTM contest.

Closed Thread