Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Type R y0

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Type R y0

Just installed tonight. Retrofitting wasn't that bad, gonna have to figure out a way to get rid of some of these lights. Anyone know what the exclamation point is for? Service engine soon maybe? Anyways, tell me what you think...

Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Type R y0

The red kicks ***, I really like it! The 180 mph speedometer is awesome!
Old 06-25-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

It is true JDM, it isn't mph, it's kph
But the 9k rpm redline will certainly come in handy
Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

O ****, didnt realize that. Well yea, that too...I dont quite have my engine built to take advantage of that 9000 rpms...
Old 06-25-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

sick. your car is just sick.
also, i think maybe the exclamation is battery? maybe there is a ground somewhere or lack of
Old 06-25-2008
hvc
Registered!!

hvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by modoman
sick. your car is just sick.
also, i think maybe the exclamation is battery? maybe there is a ground somewhere or lack of
the Exclamation is e-brake..

looks good.
Old 06-25-2008
Turbo Guru

Naw, it isn't the battery, there's actually a battery light in there when the ignition is on without the car running.
Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey take a picture of what it looks like below the cluster? is the bottom hidden or is there a gap? Is 100$ for the cluster a good deal?
Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

180kph doesn't seem right for the top speed; it's only 112mph.

regardless, the cluster is sick andy. one more reason you have my favorite 7thgen.
Old 06-25-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Every idea I can come up with for the light I shoot down.

Regardless, that looks awesome. That kph scale would get on my nerves, though.

Dude... I just thought of something. Little company called Blackbox Robotics makes a chip that goes in between the speed sensor and the PCM that modifies the signal, it's designed for gearing changes, different speedo scales, things like that. One of the uses on the page listed is MPH/KPH conversions, in either direction.

For $100, it might be worth it to have that thing actually showing MPH. Yeah, it'd still say km/h, but...

http://blackrobotics.com/yb_home.htm
Old 06-25-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, I was thinkin that myself, but as long as I can see what the tach is doing, it's all good, lol. Thanks for the comment.

Ooooh, a conversion chip, that may be worth looking into Great find, thanks alot.
Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

doesnt this **** the mileage on your car?
Old 06-25-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah, it changes...
Old 06-25-2008
Registered!!

k20EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice job Andy. I looked into this for my k-swap and bought a Type-S cluster and wiring, but havent had time to figure out how I want to mount it without showing that gap at the bottom, maybe a Defi controller would fit that gap I was thinking. Got any pics of what it looks like with the gap at the bottom??
Old 06-25-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you can get rid of all those lights, just a matter of finding what the wire pins are on the cluster and either connecting them to power or ground. im assuming there are pins on the cluster that were not used.
Old 06-25-2008

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I was kinda skeptical of this mod until I remembered that chip I'd found. Now I'm all for it, haha. If I ever build my motor, I'll definitely look into finding a cluster like that.
Old 06-25-2008
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hvc
the Exclamation is e-brake..

looks good.
that
Old 06-25-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Ah nice, I like that. I think it looks great, and different. I have an 03, which the gauge clusters are different, where they just have the three circles, I like that, so I probably wouldn't do it myself, But I think it looks good.
Old 06-25-2008

Originally Posted by 1sykcivic
that
What?
Old 06-25-2008
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute

ebrake
Old 06-26-2008
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

if i were to guess it would be TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system)
Old 06-26-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

i haven't been in my car in 8 months
Old 06-26-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

How is the fitment? looks pretty good from the pics

the exclamation mark is ebrake. When I was doing the wiring for my hybrid gauges i noticed that the canada version had the exclamation mark for ebrake

Last edited by sniperscout; 06-26-2008 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

did you make a custom bezel? how did you make it?
Old 06-26-2008
Turbo Guru

Basically all I did was take the bezel from my cluster and separated it from the stock gauge cluster. Then I just cut it and grinded it to fit around the dc5 cluster. There are some lips on the back of it that I had to grind down as well. But there really isn't that much to fitting it.
Old 06-26-2008
Turbo Guru

The exclamation is the ebrake. The only lights I have on now are ABS and SRS (and stupid seatbelt). So nice not to have a flashing key anymore, that **** is so distracting.
Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

Ford will become famous soon enough

How much did it cost you?

Also what year integra is it from? All the ones i've been able to find light up amber

Last edited by Ford; 06-26-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Sweet cluster. One day the US will decide to move over to km/h anyways, you'll be ready!
Old 06-26-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

yea I thought it was cool when I first saw it for sale. Im glad you picked it up, so we could all see pics n stuff.
Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

Ford will become famous soon enough

Last edited by Ford; 11-03-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Type R y0