Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

tail light and rear bumper mod?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3Lo1523 will become famous soon enoughm3Lo1523 will become famous soon enough
tail light and rear bumper mod?

I know this might be dumb question for some of you guys but ~ was wondering if it was possible to put a 2005 civic coupe tail lights and bumper in a 2005 civic sedan? Just really wondering if it was possible... I don't know if this was discussed at all... thanks
Old 06-07-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Re: tail light and rear bumper mod?

Direct bolt on? No.
Money + body shop? Yes.
Old 06-07-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

ya if you're good with bodywork and are willing to put lots of time into the mod then yes it is possible. You'd probably have to start by shaving the taisl out on the trunk then start cutting away from the sides of the rear end. Its possible but it'll be a bit tough. it would be an awesome mod!
Old 06-07-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

not worth it. get some JDM sedan tails if you dont like the way the stock ones look.
Old 06-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

AM I stupid- I thought the 04-05 bumpers fit perfectly on the 01-03 cars, and the taillights fit as well, but you had to mess with the sockets a little?
Old 06-07-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

the 04-05 bumpers do fit the 01-03, but the have to be the same car; i.e. both sedans or coupes. the coupe bumper will not fit the sedan.
Old 06-07-2008
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TRIZ
AM I stupid- I thought the 04-05 bumpers fit perfectly on the 01-03 cars, and the taillights fit as well, but you had to mess with the sockets a little?
He wants to go from 2005 Sedan back end to 2005 Coupe back end.
Old 06-07-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TRIZ
With that question, yes. Yes you are. Need to read a little bit more, dude.
Old 06-07-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

My bad.

It would be a cool mod tho, I cant say I've seen anyone thats ever done it.

Most people with sedans just buy the JDM tails, or the other tails from Thailand. If you wanna spice up your bumper, look for a lip kit, or if you find any tasteful bumpers see what aftermarket ones are out there.
Old 06-07-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

lol I say go for it. If you can afford it, itd be amazing. It will take modification though - as said before.
Old 06-07-2008
Premium Member

yeah, go for it!
Old 06-07-2008
Registered!!

513steve will become famous soon enough

Itd be a bitch to do(comign form a professional bodyman) But any compitant shop could do it, but, be prepared to spend some serious cash on the mod.
Old 06-08-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

man forget that ... why would u put ur money into modding the rear to look like the coupe .. put that money into something nice, like suspension if u don't have, or a BBK, rims, so many goodies, HIDS, things that will spice up the car more
Old 06-08-2008
Registered!!

513steve will become famous soon enough

I agree, go with the "JDM" style tails, and spend it elsewhere, car would look sick dropped with the right set of rims on it.
Old 06-08-2008
Registered!!

thanks for the input guys... yeah i was just thinking that it would be dope to have the civic coupe tail lights... don't really like the tail lights extending on the trunk... that's why i was thinking of maybe switching it to the coupe tail lights with bumper... does anyone have an idea how much all that might cost?
Old 06-08-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by emjay
man forget that ... why would u put ur money into modding the rear to look like the coupe .. put that money into something nice, like suspension if u don't have, or a BBK, rims, so many goodies, HIDS, things that will spice up the car more
true... just an idea getting the suspension once i get my rims... and i do have HIDS on alrady...
Old 06-09-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i think it would be pretty cool but i think just shavin out the tails on the trunk would look cool. u dont really need them lol or you could do a tail light conversion and pick some other cool tail lights