Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Results from today's dyno

Old 06-02-2008
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Results from today's dyno

Not a bad day today. The engine performed beautifully. No failures of any kind. When I got there, I put in the 1,000cc injectors while Jeff soldered the resistor box in. We started tuning with pump gas and we couldn't figure out why the solenoid didn't want to hold boost, turns out, where the massive 4" intake pipe was, it was rubbing against a vacuum line and tore it, so we solved that really quick.

After that, we finished up the pump gas tune and moved on to race gas. For some reason, we were making less power at the same boost level with stupid agressive timing. The lower bolt holding the wastegate to the manifold had backed out due to a torn gasket. We said **** it, ripped the gasket out, copper sprayed the bottom of the wastegate and stuck it back on.

Back to tuning. We worked our way up to 25 psi but anything over that and it was spiking to 30. Jeff suggested a torn wastegate diaphragm, so I pulled the cap off and sure as ****, there was a 2 cm tear in the diaphragm. So I've gotta replace that and tune for more boost. I think we've got another 40-50 horses left in the turbo but time will tell. We made power all the way to 8k without dropping off, and it pulls so smoothly, no ignition breakup or anything.

So without further ado.....

Last edited by andyman97; 06-04-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Results from today's dyno

Raising the bar yet again. Congrats Andy!
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

very nice numbers. Keep it up.
Old 06-02-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Dopeness. Fix that **** and tune it again!
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough

Congrats. When you refer to "Jeff" I'm guessing Jeff Evans?
Old 06-02-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that would be him.
Old 06-02-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

awesome, but is the torque supposed to be that low? seems like no power at all below 4k rpms. how does it feel on the street.
Old 06-02-2008
Turbo Guru

Not sure what you mean, 305 ft/lbs is alot of ****ing torque. And no, there isn't power below 4k, the turbo is barely spooling at that point and I'm not even in vtec yet.... But it feels great, nice and smooth.
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

lol gearbox 300 ft lbs is a nice torque number for a sohc honda, its not a big block chevy. The power curve is very impressive there, not just peak power, the whole thing. I am truely impressed.
Old 06-02-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

I think Gearbox is talking about how below 4000 rpm, the engine barely makes more than stock torque, relatively speaking. But as Andy explained, it's because the turbo's not producing yet.

Oh, and congrats. Very, very impressive.

With the VTEC setup in our cars, how much flexibility do you have in adjusting it? I mean as far as engagement point, actual throw, etc.
Old 06-02-2008
Turbo Guru

Thanks bro. The turbo was well worth it. 300 whp before 6k, I'll take it, lol.
Old 06-02-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this is really great to hear. I'm also excited to find out what happens when you go back. I think it's awesome because when someone ever doubts my generations capability, I think to myself, ah only if they had see andy's car... that would shut them up quick.
Old 06-02-2008
Premium Member

icedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really niceicedcoco is just really nice

wow, congrats on a great tune with all that stuff breaking and tearing...i need to see that thing in person.
Old 06-02-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Glad to know my old block was that strong
Old 06-02-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

only in the right hands :P the bands so smooth that you could sign off of it. good thing you got your LSD put in before you put in that new power. how much of those 1000cc's are you using when at 25PSI?

and just as a side note, it seems as if all the turbo''d guys are in the mid-Atlantic area, especially the guys who make big power. i wonder whos going to boost next
Old 06-03-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ yeah, andy is just another follower, but the tallest guy in the group
Old 06-03-2008
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by Unevolved
With the VTEC setup in our cars, how much flexibility do you have in adjusting it? I mean as far as engagement point, actual throw, etc.
Limitless adjustment. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking.
Originally Posted by icedcoco
wow, congrats on a great tune with all that stuff breaking and tearing...i need to see that thing in person.
Come out to the Evans Tuning meet on June 29, I'll be there.
Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
Glad to know my old block was that strong
That's just Honda sleeves
Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
only in the right hands :P the bands so smooth that you could sign off of it. good thing you got your LSD put in before you put in that new power. how much of those 1000cc's are you using when at 25PSI?

and just as a side note, it seems as if all the turbo''d guys are in the mid-Atlantic area, especially the guys who make big power. i wonder whos going to boost next
At the 430 mark, we were seeing about 50% duty cycle. And it better be you, fool!
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

j00 need to update the siggy
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

Congrats Andy!!
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

nice numbers !!! see guys tell me sumtin.. u pop ur hood what mother ***** is gona think ur pushing 400 horses @ the wheels .. no one !!!!!!!!!!!! D17 built boosted FTMFW --a k20 with a mild 7-8 psi setup on stock internals will get SPANKED .. good job man im coming for ~300 wish me luck

Last edited by emjay; 06-03-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-03-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Nice #s Andy! Way to go. Glad to see our manifold eating up that power and asking for more.
Old 06-03-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andyman97

At the 430 mark, we were seeing about 50% duty cycle. And it better be you, fool!
Was this taken into account before or after multipliers in the software. 50% sounds utterly too low. I would have expected atleast 60-69%
Old 06-03-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

all i can say is WOW andy
Old 06-03-2008
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by dezod
Nice #s Andy! Way to go. Glad to see our manifold eating up that power and asking for more.
Pretty much. Very anxious to see what another 5 psi will get me. It gets so ****ing hot under the hood, though. Jeff hit it with infra red and that manifold was over 400 F. But the intercooler was only at about 90 on the outside. It was incredible to feel the pipe feeding the intercooler and the pipe going back to the tb. It felt like at least a good 40 degree difference to me. One pipe was pretty hot, the other was cool. ****ing bad *** intercooler.
Originally Posted by dezod
Was this taken into account before or after multipliers in the software. 50% sounds utterly too low. I would have expected atleast 60-69%
Waiting on an email with the maps in it. As for now, I'm not sure how he set it up exactly. I think 50% duty is pretty reasonable for 1,000's and a regulator.
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

nice on job on the numbers Andy! I'm so pissed that I couldn't be there to video tape it my civic FTL!
Can't wait for new waste gate! and you to break past that 450 mark!
Old 06-03-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

got jet coating on the manifold?
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

Slvr2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice
Old 06-03-2008
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by bomerman19
nice on job on the numbers Andy! I'm so pissed that I couldn't be there to video tape it my civic FTL!
Can't wait for new waste gate! and you to break past that 450 mark!
Word, I think you're on the right track. I'm sure you'll figure it out, sounds like something small and stupid. New diaphragm and spring on order and will be here Friday. Gotta figure out when I can get back to the dyno for tuning.
Originally Posted by gearbox
got jet coating on the manifold?
Yeah, for awhile now.
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Andy does running race fuel have any effect on wastegate failure. I know some race gas is leaded. I remember dezod talking about this along time ago when discussing going from 35mm to 44mm.
Old 06-03-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

just to make sure i read that correctly, 400+ on stock sleeves??? with room for more?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Results from today's dyno