Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Meet my new project

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all
Meet my new project

Cat's is out of the bag
Sold the Civic to a fellow tuner and the car will be on shop for a loong face lift for the next show year.
Here is my new project
Old 05-06-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Meet my new project

No pic....
Old 05-06-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

AHH.... i love the speeeed3's
Old 05-06-2008

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

Originally Posted by andyman97
No pic....
Pic?
That's exactly my car, just got it, only 10 mileas on it.
It's go it all ,but the best option is that there is no payments.
The car is all mine!
Old 05-06-2008
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light

Too bad you let your civic go, it was one of the best ones out there. So is they speed3 just gonna be as bad *** afterwards?
Old 05-06-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, forgot I was on a government computer that blocks everything. Wow man, I'd say that's like a step down from what you had.... just got bored with the civic?
Old 05-06-2008
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough

Nice upgrade, I love those mazdaspeed 3s... Ive seen your car riding around a few times, but someone else was driving... know I know why.
Old 05-06-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Those motors are pretty weak, I'd be interested to see what you could do with it.

Sad to see the civic go... can we get a thread with a shitload of pictures to reminisce with?
Old 05-06-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

While that's a nice car, I just don't see how that's the next step from a boosted Civic.

I mean, I guess I get it. You're not trying to get a nicer car, you just like this "level" of cars, for lack of a better term. I have a feeling if you could do that much to your old Civic, if you wanted a 300hp RWD platform to start with, it wouldn't be that big of an issue to get.
Old 05-06-2008

just got it move on.
The vic will be around still my project.
I did a lot of research and for the money
and everything this thing comes with I couln't pass it on.
leather seats
2.3 turbo engine dual over head cam
electornic LSD
Brake assist
HID with 4 settings
all wheel disc brake
suspension
18" wheels
navegation
bosse system, blue tooth, etc, etc.
With only CAI you can see 270 hp and 305 lbs of torque on 10 lbs of boost stock.
Old 05-06-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

omg u had my FAVOURITE fukin civic lol
Old 05-06-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

i dont understand where everyone is gettin that the speed 3 is a downgrade. speed3s are VERY nice cars! the homie has one its very nice. i think its also the fastest FWD production model car on the market closely followed by the srt-4 (straight acceleration wise). weighing the differences between each vehicle in its price range i think the speed3 is a hands down winner. speed3 = 23k new si = 23k.. speed 3 > new si most definitely.

anddd triz lol you say the motors are weak? we all have 1.7 liter at 100whp while the speed3 stock puts down around 220+whp in stock form.

Last edited by civicsrcool; 05-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-06-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i'll be interrested to see wut it turns out like.
Old 05-06-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
i think its also the fastest FWD production model car on the market closely followed by the srt-4 (straight acceleration wise).

anddd triz lol you say the motors are weak? we all have 1.7 liter at 100whp while the speed3 stock puts down around 220+whp in stock form.

Have you driven it? It just feels crappy. Its just not one of those motors that you think holy-****-this-fast-thing-is-cool when your driving it. Yeah, the D17 isnt amazing in its power, but it has a very distinctive feel that agrees with me more then that motor. To each their own.
Old 05-06-2008
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough

any idea what the orange beauty was worth?
Old 05-06-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nick
Nice upgrade, I love those mazdaspeed 3s... Ive seen your car riding around a few times, but someone else was driving... know I know why.
iono if it's the "upgrade" you had in mind...

if you knew the numbers his civic put down and the amount of work he put into it, you wouldnt say it was an "upgrade"

but good choice none the less
Old 05-06-2008
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi

if you knew the numbers his civic put down and the amount of work he put into it, you wouldnt say it was an "upgrade"

^^^^^
Old 05-06-2008
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light

saw his civic in person in december when i was visiting florida at old town. nice guy and deff sick car sad to see it go but the mazda3 deff has alot more room for improvement in terms of hp goals.
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

well i liked the civic. The mazdaspeed 3 is ok. Why not just get a used mazdaspeed 6? awd and turbo.
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

triz: i driven it and i love it.

msp3 and mazdaspeed 6 are the same exact motors but the 6 having AWD i beleive. the same motor set up as the cx7 i believe? all i know is that a new turbo manifold, turbo back and a tune on the mazdaspeed3 grants around 100+whp from stock increase. thats insane. they are pretty powerful engines... the thing holding the car back is the weight.
Old 05-07-2008
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

yes the msp3 basically has a detuned version of the mazdaspeed 6 and i believe some other slight differences. No point of having all the power, unless you can put it to the ground.

I guess i'm just echoing what everyone else is really thinking that he had a really fast fwd show car that he put his money and sweat into. Then sells it to buy a decent quick fwd car stock.

It doesn't really seem like a upgrade to me. Its like saying i use to work at mcdonalds, now i quit and work at taco bell.

its different, but doesn't seem like a upgrade.

For the price of a new mazdaspeed 3, he could've just bought a used mazdaspeed 6, rx8, s2000, evo, sti, g35, m3, audi s4, 330ci, supra, 350z, mustang, gto, is300 turbo, rx7 fd3
Old 05-07-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

NOOOOO!

WTF Hector! Will you be at the Nationals this year? Just wont be the same without you there! I hope you got a good price for the vic. you know if they decided that that IM isn't what they want, i will take it off there hands.

Nice upgrade though. i havent been too crazy about the styling of that car but it def has potential. And yes, it is an upgrade for sure for all of you that say it isnt. why did you get it loaded though? you are just going to pull half of that off anyway and replace it with aftermarket parts.

I too have been getting the itch to start another project
Old 05-08-2008
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi

lol... I know what kind of numbers his civic put down..... The madza might no be as fast right now, but its a much better car overall than a em2.
Old 05-08-2008

I used to get the same remarks when I got the civic.
I was told that it was the weakest engine that Honda ever made, only good for fuel economy.
Then I got mine brand new in 2001 no turbo.

First mod:
At only 500k I order a header for an EX and tried to install it on my LX.
I got a local shop to fabricate me a prototype connecting pipe.
Then I had to extend the harness to both O2 sensors.
I did this part my self an still works till today.
Second mod:
The only body kid available Fall of 2001 was the Wings West G5 kid with the infamos Mini My commando wing. all made from urethane.
They advertized it in Super Street mag but when I placed my order on line WW told me that it was not on the market yet .
So I told them where to go, I had cash back then , a $1200 bonus check from work took care of it , all and after an argument or two with their sales stuff I ended uo getting the 2nd G 5 kit after the prototype.
Then I tinker with the engine , turbo , head studs etc, etc.
Then the Vic is what I had.
I love my car is all good but is time to move on.
My new project is just the begining, but this time I started from a better plataform then I did with the Vic plus the car is fully paid for and there is no finace charges.
the Civic is in reconstruction under my supervision and you will see it soon on a car show and or news stand near you.
As for my MS3 will be in about a year or two as well.

And just to add on.
My 01 Civic was and still the best longest lasting car and memeber.
Here if a flash back
FROM THAT ON FALL 2001

TO THIS ON 2007

Last edited by supermex; 05-08-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

we will have to see longevity of the 2.3, it is a new engine platform from mazda, but i have yet to see any significant problems with it(i work at a Mazda dealer as a tech) we dont see many of them, and they are JDM (first letter of vin is J) its a nice *** car, but i just dont know about the 2.3, the 2.0 was a decent motor, but doesnt produce much power, and it is a similar drivetrain, we will have to see. i do however know several people who auto x with the speed3, good luck mex, keep us updated
Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

01candycivic is a jewel in the rough01candycivic is a jewel in the rough01candycivic is a jewel in the rough

damn i had a blast last year from what i remember at nopi.... you can't break up the team...lol... i think its time for me to change to...
Old 05-09-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

so are you going to make it this year?
Old 05-09-2008
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

lots of people been getting the MS3 lately... congrats..
Old 05-09-2008
Registered!!

Alex857 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex857 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex857 has a spectacular aura about

^^^Ditto.

My buddy has a ms3. The only reason he bought it was because one of his friends got one, but its only 1 of 2 around here lol. i drive/ride in it all the time. i love it. for a wagon..i think its pretty damn fast lol. Like..its not holy **** fast..but its quick for what it is. Good upgrade man..

I believe the speed 3 isnt detuned from the speed6, considering the 3 is faster, i could be wrong, but i dunno if i am. although, id take a 3 over my em2 anyday, i like the platform better.

Good luck with it, have fun lol
Old 05-09-2008

Thank yall for the nice comments

I'm planing on going to NOPI so I may see ya there.

And I'm always a Honda lover hope we can hang at the shows.
My next car may well be from the Honda family.

For now I do have a real turbocharged JDM in my hands and need to be smart about the parts I chose.
The experience that I had building the civic, is going to be crucial for my next project, pacience and knowing what to buy and when to buy it.
Is going to be more fun the next time around.

HERE IS A PICTURE OF MY FIRST MOD ON THE MAZDA

READY
HERE WE GO

IS TOTALY JDM

OK

:r ofl:

Last edited by supermex; 05-09-2008 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Meet my new project