Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New wheels and other mods...check em out

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Re: New wheels and other mods...check em out

Car looks HOT Andy, I love the new look!! Wheels look insane.

How do you like the Falkens?? I ran them on my DC_4 and LOVE them.
Old 04-17-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by familycar
Car looks HOT Andy, I love the new look!! Wheels look insane.

How do you like the Falkens?? I ran them on my DC_4 and LOVE them.
Hey thanks bro. I don't see how anyone could not like those wheels. They look awesome and they're volks for crying out loud!

I love the azenis, they are perfect all around, except in heavy rain. Great traction, awesome treadwear, what more could you want?
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

car looks great man... would love to see matching CF sides and a rear lip to complete the look... love the new rims as well cant go wrong with volks...

question about the new intercooler.. is it pushing you bumper forward at the bottom? in the pics if you look at a close up side view of where the bumper meets the fender it looks like the gap is pie shaped like it was being torqued from the bottom? the lip also looks like its being rotated with bumper? not horribly noticeable but just a little thing that could be tweaked to make it perfect. you are going to show this year arent you? might i suggest a black mesh on the bottom open to clean up the look a little? if your not showing then i wouldnt worry about it but just a little suggestion and some observations.

keep up the great work on the car man still one of my favorites on here. love the new interior too on a side note.
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

k20EX is an unknown quantity at this point

Very nice indeed Andy!! I like the look much better than your look before. I'm a big fan of clean, smooth, and balanced. Have you considered spraying the intercooler a shade of dark grey so it doesnt stick out? Im not a fan of that mesh crap that people rice out all the time, so Id keep away from it. Diggin the wheels, and I actually was looking at them the other day. Question about the tires...Im running 205/50/16 on my 16x7s....What width are your wheels, and do the 215 rub at all?? I think people are saying slam it, because the 45 profile gives a bit more wheel gap. Im trying to pick my next tire size and brand/model and may go with the BFGoodrich g-force KDW2. You look into them any??
Old 04-17-2008
Registered!!

cleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trusted

i was not trying to put ur car down its hot.I was just saying if u are going to show the car the old intercooler set up was better.
As for the roof if u look around in old threads i think there was a guy here that did the cf thing on the roof. all u need to do scuff up the roof and lay down the cf and clear it then done(i know its not that easy)but just for saying it.there are cf roof replacements that u could get made i see it done a lot of evos that people dd with it. but with ur car i would just over lay it and call it a day.
i dont know if u into it but what about the trunk. what are u doing for that.

once again not hating on the car it hot( dont start flaming me) just giving ideas to make the car even better.
Old 04-18-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by k20EX
Very nice indeed Andy!! I like the look much better than your look before. I'm a big fan of clean, smooth, and balanced. Have you considered spraying the intercooler a shade of dark grey so it doesnt stick out? Im not a fan of that mesh crap that people rice out all the time, so Id keep away from it. Diggin the wheels, and I actually was looking at them the other day. Question about the tires...Im running 205/50/16 on my 16x7s....What width are your wheels, and do the 215 rub at all?? I think people are saying slam it, because the 45 profile gives a bit more wheel gap. Im trying to pick my next tire size and brand/model and may go with the BFGoodrich g-force KDW2. You look into them any??
Not going to paint the intercooler, paint will actually hinder the cooling properties. As for show vs. the old intercooler setup, a PWR is going to be much better than a no-name. That's like having volks vs. rotas. The width of the tires is 215.... No, they don't rub even a little. As for tires, I was running the BFG Drag Radials when I first got out here. Traction with them was great but they just had zero treadwear and were too expensive to replace every few months. The reason the car isn't slammed is b/c it's a daily driver. I drive it everywhere. With it being any lower, I'll scrape my exhaust on every little bump. I've already had that issue which is why I lifted it back up.

Oh, and for the bumper being pushed out, good eye. I hadn't shaved enough off of the new bumper when I took the pics so it was pushing out at the bottom. I spent all night detailing and getting the car ready for HIN tomorrow and that was one of the things I took care of.
Old 04-18-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

well car looks good Andy take lots of pics at HIN for us. Good Luck !