My super sleeper EG project - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2008   #1
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
My super sleeper EG project

i still have my em2 but
Here is my 93 sedan with a k20a2 swap

exterior is completely stock with steel wheels, green valve cover caps w/nitrogen tire air lol,

my setup:
04 K20A2
K-Pro
Rcrew headers
Hasport Mounts
walbro 255 fuel pump
custom 2.5 inch exhaust with cat/resonator for quietness lol
apexi exhaust control valve
apexi world sport 2 muffler
auto to 6spd manual conversion
Karcepts shifter kit
golden eagle fuel rail
forgot which FPR it was
PS/AC recently added lol

Tuned by Do-It-Dyno
215 whp 158lb tq
Special thanks to bubba and blue at do it dyno and harvey at holeshot racing

and Tanabe Sustec full coilovers

sorry pix were taken with my phone

ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #2
Registered!!

CaTacL1sm will become famous soon enoughCaTacL1sm will become famous soon enough
Re: My super sleeper EG project

that. is. Awesome!

srsly awesome, sortof like my idea of turning an AMC Gremlin into a sleeper

its def the wheels that make it
CaTacL1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #3
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

yea i was thinking of going with a JDM style exterior but i didnt want anyone knowing that it was a modder's car...but hey its super fast and i've killed almost everything i raced lol

only cars i lost to were a porche carrera GT, and a lamborghini murcielago...than again i dont have too many chances to race other cars cuz im working most of the time haha
Old 04-08-2008   #4
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

damn wsup spam! long time man... that is truly a sleeper
mrtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #5
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

thats simply incredible.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #6
I just burnt my tongue

Wutup guys...been off the boards for a while...I'll try to get more pix up when I get the car back from the shop
Old 04-08-2008   #7
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Dude that is so cool. Sleepers are the ****.
wheelspinLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #8
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

damn nice ...i wish i got a k20
slowwhitecivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #9
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough

that is a total sleeper very nice
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #10
Registered!!

CaTacL1sm will become famous soon enoughCaTacL1sm will become famous soon enough

lol the engine is worth more than the whole car.
id give anything to have one tho, show the kids from jersey and nyc (riding in their g35s, lexus', sti's ect) that their parents money doesnt mean anything lol

[no offence to any nyc/jersey 7th genners]

edit: referring to the students at URI
CaTacL1sm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #11
I just burnt my tongue

haha werd... The motor swap total cost more than the car would be worth but omg I think it was worth it
Old 04-08-2008   #12
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Survey says????

Yes
Boilermaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #13
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

geez man how could you resist to mod the exterior after all that motor work.. id be itching to tackle the rest of the car.. is there any suspension work? I mean modding the suspension and keeping a stock appearance wouldn't hurt at all.. it'd make driving a whole lot funner as well.. i see the stock hubs, but what about the tires? and brakes?

just wondering.. thats awesome!
DsevenEm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #14
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i think the car looks awesome. good numbers too. what are the future plans for the car?

nice work btw.
HonCiv02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #15
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

bastard. that is nicely done.
modoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #16
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

hey you got any pics of the exhaust that was done? is it mandrel bent? i'm looking for a very very good exhaust shop to do mandrel bent piping for my car. I want 2.5 inch piping to a flat black vibrant muffler. let me know wher eyou did yours at and is it a VERY GOOD place. thanks
D5cIvIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #17
I just burnt my tongue

as for exterior, I'm gonna keep the car looking stock as much as possible

As for suspension it has tanabe sustec full coilovers and brakes it has axis ultimate ceramic pads and rotora slotted rotors
The tires its on are some all season tires from Michelin back when the car had turbo ZC twin cam but I'll probably get some 14 inch steelies from the 13s it has on now and get some nitto NT01R in 195/60/14

As for exhaust it was done at AAA exhaust in culver city...its a pretty high end shop and it is mandrel bent pipes

As for future plans is cleaning it up more get a proper intake made and maybe a Jackson Racing supercharger

Last edited by ragingSPAM; 04-09-2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-09-2008   #18
Registered!!

briand17a2 has a spectacular aura aboutbriand17a2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsevenEm2 View Post
geez man how could you resist to mod the exterior after all that motor work.. id be itching to tackle the rest of the car.. is there any suspension work? I mean modding the suspension and keeping a stock appearance wouldn't hurt at all.. it'd make driving a whole lot funner as well.. i see the stock hubs, but what about the tires? and brakes?

just wondering.. thats awesome!
^^^^--- yup

Trackday car!! BZ on the whole thing sir; thats one nice engine compartment

Supercharger? ...brakes!
briand17a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #19
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

fantastic job.
i saw one a while back in Sports Compact car that was the same year and color and the guy kept the d-series and had fully built internails and a tubo that was so well hidden that even when looking at the engine, it looked bone stock.

i love sleepers.
drunkenmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #20
I just burnt my tongue

the best part of having a sleeper is that no one expects it to move anywhere you kill most anything on the road... With that car I have yet to lose to a DC5 or 06-08 civic si's and ive beaten every b swapped car lol...not to be cocky but omg the car is amazing
Old 04-10-2008   #21
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'll probably get some 14 inch steelies
Nah.... pick up some 6th gen HX wheels... which conveniently look just like the VX wheels .... not to mention they're around 10 or 12 lbs a pop.
Boilermaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #22
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

This makes me want to build my dream sleeper:

An Astro panel van with a mid-mounted 454.
Unevolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #23
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough

it looks like that camry next to u ran into the pillar.
I wanna do a ruckus or some other scooter with 30 shot of nitrous completely pointless and insane.
ProjectMayhemR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #24
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMayhemR View Post
I wanna do a ruckus or some other scooter with 30 shot of nitrous completely pointless and insane.

No, this is completely insane.
Unevolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008   #25
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

Sleeper
Mr_Plenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #26
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about

you're smart you didn't ruin your 7thgen instead you're playing with an EG. And its lighter and more agile too! good stuff.
kasimmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #27
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

Now thats what I call a sleeper! I would leave the car exactly like that would leave the hubcaps and everything on it. Let everyone think its completely stock until you're looking at them from your rear view mirror. BTW street racing it bad!! but your car ownz.
ciVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008   #28
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road

4 door , keep it lo pro from thieves
civic4dizoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008   #29
I just burnt my tongue

Werd...I'm not doing any exterior work other than maybe a paint job
Old 04-12-2008   #30
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

looks good. is that pic from diamond plaza? you should show off your car at the integ meet there every other thursday.
TemjinX2 is offline   Reply With Quote