Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My 7th Gen Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nice
Re: My 7th Gen Pics

No My Car Comes With Nothing. Yea As For The A/t It Going In The Trash. Hoping To F It Up So I Have An Excuse To Get A Manual Swap, Friend Works At Honda So He Can Get The Parts Cheap. Thanks For The Head Info But The Vtec Swap Is Just The First Step. You Guys Have To Remember That Im A Noob At Engine Mods. So Im Goning To Start Off Slow. Tackle This Project First And See How Well It Works Then Move On From There. I Can Deal With The Valve Closure When It Kicks In. Its Not A Timed Car.

BUT ANY WAY THANKS FOR THE INFO NOT JUST STRAIGHT KNOCKING THE CAR/DRIVER

LIKE I SAID ABOVE THE PIPE IS LOOKS, IT DOES HAVE PERFORMANCE GAINS OVER THE STOCK AIR SILENCER BOX BUT NOT MUCH. THE INTAKE IS JUST LOOKS FOR NOW UNTIL I GET THE SUPENSSION SORTED OUT, THEN MOVE ON TO THE ENGINE.

Last edited by twiztedD17A1; 04-06-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-06-2008
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about

You're telling me get off the site, if anything, you should get a ban for being childish. If you don't want opinions on your car, don't post pics. If you can't take the heat (negative comments), post else where. Grow up, and get some *****.

First off, you should leave this site if you don't like it. I've been here for over 4 years, and I don't have any problems with anyone on this site. You just joined this site, NOOB. If you have issues with people commenting, or suggesting what you should do, then don't post on any threads. Better yet, don't come back to the site.

No one here said Honda's were crap, so stop telling people to buy mitsubishi's. I said the d17's NA are crap, and that is a fact.

Everyone on this board is pretty cool. I don't know why you're so worked up about these comments. I know its obiviously getting to you since you are typing in a childish font size.

Anyways, Peace out..haha.
Old 04-06-2008
Registered!!

twiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nicetwiztedD17A1 is just really nice

lol nice rep.^^^ READ THE THREAD MAN...
Old 04-06-2008

Originally Posted by twiztedD17A1
lol nice rep.^^^ READ THE THREAD MAN...
Does rep make you feel important?? I did read the thread.
Old 04-06-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Not bad but I'm not digging the intake whatnot going on there and the license plate on the dash. Sorry, just not my cup of tea.

Wagner
Old 04-06-2008
Registered!!

it does if it means adding things of importance to this site not just a bunch of crap responses to ppls questions.
Old 04-06-2008
Registered!!

the plate is for my bass comps. u get extra points if you have your cars origin plates.
Old 04-06-2008
Registered!!

Old 04-06-2008

it does if it means adding things of importance to this site not just a bunch of crap responses to ppls questions.
Do you have any pictures and instructions of your car in a DIY?? I do. Don't comment if you don't know. This site changed from 7thgencivics, long to civicforums, and the layout change, rep and everything. So before you make comments, make sure you know the history of this site.

If you are wondering. My car is in the 5spd portion of the Head Unit install. This was before this site change to civicforums, so I got no rep for that. Just cause you join now, don't think I haven't added anything important information to this site.

Anyways, Peace Out.

Last edited by phuviano; 04-07-2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-07-2008
Registered!!

what lol look down
Old 04-07-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

dude the way you type and write is hurting my eyes and my brain.

are you sure you dont have a front sway? I thought all em2s had a front sway but only some had a rear sway. Well if it doesnt.. i'd invest in an oem front sway and an rsx rear sway.. then an upper strut bar.. and coilovers instead of those rigged springs..

If you want to NOT waste that money on your car.. i'd invest in suspension and wheels FIRST before ANY engine mods. what you've done so far in there is enough.. just leave it for another time. its not hurting/improving performance enough to make a difference in your DD d17.. so dont worry about it..

but seriously suspension mods are the way to go.. get the power to the wheels first and it'll feel so much better..
Old 04-08-2008
Registered!!

Oh now doubt about that. The Eibach pro street coilovers will be on by the end of the month. I thinks it is bacause I have a VALU version, for lack of sways. I plan on going with stock front. Camber / sway rear.
Old 04-10-2008
Registered!!

lemac will become famous soon enough

I like the stock box/cold air tube myself. I don't see how it will hinder performance considering you just deleted the silencer. Plus all cold air short rams or whatever variation come in the same design.... bent tubing with no v-stack. The only time I've seen v-stacks work are on carbs and itb setup. Any ways looks good and like you said your new to it and I can remember some of the stuff I use to do 12 years ago.
Old 04-11-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

yes i agree that its better than the stock silencer but the down fall is the entrance for the air. Its the same concept as the carbs and ITBs. If you look at the link it shows that having a plain open pipe entrance makes it hard for the air to easily get into the pipe. Its not the same as a SR or CAI because they have a filter on the end. they help transition the air into the pipe better because most have some sort of a velocity stack integrated into the filter. If you look at turbo cars that dont run a filter they have a velocity stack lip on the end of the pipe because it helps the flow. I was just trying to make a suggestion to help refine his design thats all. I would also suggest running the pipe to somewhere lower in the engine bay to make it get cooler air.

Last edited by civic-driver; 04-11-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-11-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

IT DOES HAVE PERFORMANCE GAINS OVER THE STOCK AIR SILENCER BOX BUT NOT MUCH.

Prove it. If anything, you get worse mileage, which doesn't correspond to higher power. You've got that funny-shaped intake for a reason.

And quit acting like a child. Seriously.
Old 04-11-2008
Registered!!

agreed, but not to beat this subject up any more the .999999999 hp gain is not worth the extra time effort. I think its more look and sound at this point. nuf said
Old 04-11-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I'd be willing to wager a large amount of cash you'd get a higher reading by testing on a cold day than by using this pipe.
Old 04-11-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lemac
agreed, but not to beat this subject up any more the .999999999 hp gain is not worth the extra time effort. I think its more look and sound at this point. nuf said
lol he said it all, like the 4 damn times I said it in this in this thread. IT WAS MORE FOR LOOKS. S.L.A.P shows It was more for BASS comps.... not track runs. now the BASS is over and its time for some minor mods EX head conversion, suspenssion, rims / tires, then a GSXR 600 ... oooo time to move on from the slug and hand it over to my wife. not a turbo nightmare at all never planed it to be.

Last edited by twiztedD17A1; 04-11-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Unevolved
And quit acting like a child. Seriously.
**** OFF
Old 04-12-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

so did you buy a GSXR or do you want one...

do you ride? what do you have now.
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

Damn I miss riding... Its like a drug.
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

wanted GSXR, And im a noobie rider, wanna buy this R6 with drag ferings, fender elim.

first drive, I have to take a plane to tenn. pick it up and drive it back 10 hour trip..... eeehhhhh not looking foward to.

Last edited by twiztedD17A1; 04-12-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough

sick bike!!^ I want a GSXR sooo bad

but hey man, I have a LX automatic and I HATE THE ENGINE...mainly cuz i wasted a bunch of money on little parts that barely did anything for performance.

BUT....I can for sure say that you are getting every penny out of money spent into your suspension. Thats really the only reason I like my car anymore- CUZ it handles SOOO GOOOD lol

Stock front sway bar
Rear 19mm sway bar
tein type s springs (1.5" drop)
Koni yellow adjustable shocks
Front and rear strut bars (one across engine bay and one in the trunk)
And finally a lower tie bar

also if you want to get a easy and cheap upgrade for performance you should definately buy a Ingalls engine torque damper, called "The Stiffy"
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

Matteo will become famous soon enough

Oh ya, I also have 16" rims with good tires.

went with some falkens and I love them

To give you a little picture of how well the car handles now:

I took a turn at roughly 42mph into a TWO LANE access road by a highway...with out skidding!

Im not trying to brag but Im just saying this is my everyday driver and just because its not fast doesnt mean you cant have fun around town. Also got my HID and yellow fogs for night time fun!
Old 04-12-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

^i second matteo, i definitely wish that i would have saved myself some money and spent as much on the engine mods for my d17a2. the civics really are great cars and they can handle really well with a few suspension upgrades. if you get a decent suspension and some nice wheels, i think your car would look and drive a lot better, but that is just my .02.
Old 04-12-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

The exhaust slant is due to the fact that it was the first welding job i have ever done. My grandpa gave me a MIG, and I was playing with it. I DONT HAVE A GARAGE, LIFT, FRIENDS THAT OWN, SO ITS ALL DONE IN MY DRIVEWAY WITH JACKSTANDS AND BY MYSELF.

Not to mention the fact that I have a 91 civic lowering kit that I had to retro fit on. 2.5" drop CRAZY good turns.
You do realize that the DC area probably has the most knowledgeable group of 7thgen owners than most other places? We all work on each others cars.

You also realize that you cannot "retrofit" a 91 lowering kit on the 7thgen and that dropping it 2.5" is just stupid.
Old 04-13-2008
Registered!!

They say to get a beater for your first bike, but I didn't listen nor did I have the patience to. I started and learned on an 05 zx10r two years ago... Its all in between your ears is what keeps ya out of trouble. Never been down in over 14k miles in 2years. Keep me posted on what you get... interested
Old 04-14-2008
Registered!!

Ill keep ya posted i find out today if the loan goes through.