Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

HID Fogs In = Awesome Glare!

Old 03-13-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
HID Fogs In = Awesome Glare!

Haha well everyone else has threads for their car so I figured Id keep an updated one of mine

I got quite a few things sitting on my bedroom floor that are going on the next few weeks. Ill keep this updated. Also, Im budgeting around $175 from taxes to spend on the car. Should I buy a set of freshly powdercoated fat fives around here? Or what are your suggestions? Anywho, heres the first mod:

Guess what they are!

Im going to try to wire them differently, and if you see a fatal flaw please correct it. Instead of going through the hassle of putting them on a relay and switching that and wiring it directly to the battery since my terminals already full, Im going to switch a power and ground from some 4 gauge wire going to my 4ch amp. Its already fused to 120amps, and quite frankly, i dont mind buying switches every 6months. Simpler=Better for me. I also have some megan racing + pioneer goodies in the bedroom too
as well as a spare set of oem 02 tails.

Last edited by Envy; 03-23-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
Re: My Cars Thread: New Springtime Mods

"to 120amps, and quite frankly, i dont mind buying switches every 6months"

does this mean your lights wont work with a blown switch?
what if it goes out at night?
Old 03-13-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

well these arent headlights. but if the switch blows them the ciruit cant be completed. so technically no. but this is just the impression i got from searching,
Old 03-13-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i suggest you still use at least 12awg wire to connect it to ur amp wire
Old 03-13-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

i've never used a relay harness for my HIDs, just always spliced straight into the headlight wire, used some heat shrink, and tucked it all away. i know someone will get on me about it but my car has been like that for over a year, daily driven, no problems whatsoever.
Old 03-13-2008
Diamond Member

yea i bought like 50 feet of 12Awg wire. Plenty of extra =D
i went out to test em today and turns out both bulbs work, however, one ballast just smokes and burns when connected. Along with a high pitched whistle. So i guess ill have to mount the projectors with only 1 HID.

EDIT: getting a replacement on the ballast at no cost. excellent service for a nonname ebay store and brand!

Last edited by Envy; 03-13-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-16-2008
Diamond Member

just put 3 10" subs in my car, it buMPS! two alpine type-r's and a pioneer. pics soon. im also going to be ordering the Alpine MRP-M1000 for 1000RMS watts for these puppies. right nowtheir getting 700rms. cant wait. i havent installed the fog lights yet, but i ran the switches and the wires, and my way of switching decbired above actually works like a charm. i should get a new ballast by friday and hopefully itll be mounted by next monday.
Old 03-23-2008
Diamond Member

FOGS ARE ON!!!!!!

Installation Pics!
No Bumper

Mounting Position for Ballast

The Hole

The HoleSaw- 2 and 3/8" hole saw perfect fit with a lil trimming for mounting bracket.

Halogen + HID both Lit on Switch

Final Product

Nightime Pics

Fogs only

Right Side Cutoff (Halogen) Very Nice!

Heads+ Fogs

Driveway Pics

Garage Door

Old 03-23-2008
Diamond Member

question for the projector knowledged:

Does it matter if theyre aimed upside down?

Because both of mine are upside down, and quite frankly, the output sucks. when i get the second HID ballast in, Im gunna re-aim it all and adjust the HID projector on the right. Its kinda aimed straight at the ground and off to the left.

Im glad to finally be one of the few with projector fogs!

Any Q's about installation, Im open for questions
Old 03-23-2008
Diamond Member

ummm and how can i constantly change the title of the thread? especially considering this will destroy a 56k connection.
Old 03-23-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

wow lol yeah all the light is going into the sky. get those turned around, and to me the halogen looks better by far. hid beam is all messed up. are those blazer fogs? turn them around and aim them just like headlamps. 2 inch drop from the center at 25ft.

to change title, just advance edit your first post.
Old 03-24-2008
Diamond Member

Re: HID Fogs In = Awesome Glare!

ok thanks for title change info. and yes, they are blazer fogs. and yes, OMG do they need to be aligned again. haha. i think ill need to bust out some bondo to remount them.
Old 03-24-2008
Registered!!

SearchLight is an unknown quantity at this point

what's that purple juice next to your left tire?
Old 03-24-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

LMAO.......ur projectors are upside down.......HAHAHAHHAHA
Old 03-24-2008
Diamond Member

haha it sucksssss. now i gotta find a new way to mount them. ugh. and that "purple juice" is my windshield wiper/washer fluid.
Old 03-24-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Envy
well these arent headlights. but if the switch blows them the ciruit cant be completed. so technically no. but this is just the impression i got from searching,
i didnt see in the original post that it said fogs. i see now.
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

u got 8000k? big mistake...... i wouldve gone with 3000k or 43000k cause the projector is givin more light from halogen.... or maybe its not aimed right?
Old 03-26-2008
Diamond Member

its 6000k and its aimed WAAAAYYYYY off. im going to fix it soon, and ill post pics when i do.
Old 03-26-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

halogen still looks brighter idk. 6000k is almost as dim as halogen anyway (2400 lumens at best). but i guess bulbs are cheap and you can always change it later.
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

where in GODS name is your reinforcement bar? u really dont want to crash
Old 03-26-2008
Diamond Member

Originally Posted by gearbox
halogen still looks brighter idk. 6000k is almost as dim as halogen anyway (2400 lumens at best). but i guess bulbs are cheap and you can always change it later.
yea i was gunna try it and maybe switch the bubls later. but the seller i bought it from said his bulbs were as follows

3000k: yellow
4300k: white
6000k: "ultimate white"
8000k: white with blue tint
12000k: purple

no other colors. i really wanted 5000k so i may just buy some bulbs. i just want some blue output lol. if you look at them straight on, (not the misaligned way they are now) they actually look white with a hint of blue, versus straight up blue. so idk, i will definelty post pics once i get it properly aligned. and we can compare halogen with 6000k HID's
Old 03-26-2008
Diamond Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
my car doesnt have one i guess?

i actually mounted the ballast in an open part of the frame where im guessing the reinforcement bar is supposed to mount? the ballast fit right inside, almost like a fabricated piece just for it.
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

yingjai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
his car's not the only one i've seen without a reinforcement bar. i've seen another 6th gen civic without the bar. are they all like that?
Old 03-27-2008
Premium Member

heres what the colors really look like.

3000k = pure yellow
4300k = oem white
5000k = crisp white with small blue tints
6000k = white with alot of blue tints.
8000k = mostly blue
Old 03-27-2008
Diamond Member

welll i really want 5000k lol.