Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Greddy

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
Greddy

So a while back I bought a Greddy Evo2 for my '05 civic Si (ex). Not even a year old yet. I've been getting a rattling noise coming from it for past while now & I thought it was just a loose bolt or something,like maybe the heat shield ? This is my 1st Honda & I don't really know too much about them. Anyway,I took it to the muffler shop today to get it looked at. The guy looked it all over & finally took it apart. He told me it was the resonator making the noise. He showed it to me & the inside of it came apart. Told me it's a manufacturer's defect ?? I don't really know how else to explain it ! Anyway,I took it back o the place whereI bought it & the said Greddy will cover it under warrenty. Now I have to pay for shipping it back & pay to get my factory exhaust put back on,then once my new exhaust comes in, I have to pay for that again too !! I will try to get pics of it when I get it taken off !! Anyone else ever had a problem like this ?

Last edited by Canadian Si; 02-26-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-26-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Re: Greddy

i havent, i bought my greddy evo used. the person i got it from had it for about a year, ive had it for almost 3 years and ive abused the crap out of it.
Old 02-26-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AceWelder51 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive got one on mine as well. had it for years. never had a problem
Old 02-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Why cant your just send them the resonator section?

And since you have a SI aka US's EX you have a catback, so you dont have to worry about screwing with the header or the downpipe. You just three connection points with two bolts each. If you can get under your car with even an adjustable wrench- you can swap your exhaust yourself and not have to worry about paying for someone to take it off and put it back on...

I'd stress the fact that since its a mfg defect that they should email you a prepaid shipping label since its their fault and not yours.