Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My 99 civic showcar

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008
New Mod on the Block

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My 99 civic showcar

Originally Posted by chkolny
wow, slick looking ride, that takes alot of work, $$, and dedication. I'm close to your age (i just turned 18) and i wish my car was half as done up as yours, and thatpearl/sparkly paint, is sweet. And btw, this site is full of JDM/race car wannabe fan boys, so i wouldnt take any harsher comments to heart.
i wouldnt say jdm fanboys. the site is probably filled up more with people that like clean cars that arent too flashy. cars that dont have neon lights everywhere, big time paint jobs or twenty billion buttons that do different things. its just a coincidence that the JDM theme fits it perfectly.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Rennen
i wouldnt say jdm fanboys. the site is probably filled up more with people that like clean cars that arent too flashy. cars that dont have neon lights everywhere, big time paint jobs or twenty billion buttons that do different things. its just a coincidence that the JDM theme fits it perfectly.
so...i was right ...lol. thanx for backing me up.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Jopa3804 should not be trustedJopa3804 should not be trusted

Originally Posted by civicfan1203
Yes i know what you mean. Before i came across the site i was pretty bad with my car painted the interior green and it looks like crap i still havent gotten around to fixing it. But yea i also like all kinds of different cars
i was sick of my caky interior so thats why its all at the shop naw geting fiberglass it will all take a new form
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

wow, slick looking ride, that takes alot of work, $$, and dedication. I'm close to your age (i just turned 18) and i wish my car was half as done up as yours, and thatpearl/sparkly paint, is sweet. And btw, this site is full of JDM/race car wannabe fan boys, so i wouldnt take any harsher comments to heart.
Thanx man i preciate it .and dont worrie i know how some peaple can be.no offence to anyone but jdm peaple can somtimes be very closed minded lol
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

so my car dosent look clean because ive actually spent money into it ?
Old 01-08-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

^no you can spend a lot of money and still make it look generally like the manufacturer intended, just added a multitude of subtle changes.. props to the amount of work that went into it, but I prefer the clean look over the flashy/show look
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

trubluciv will become famous soon enough

nice ride bro.....looks like you spent a lot of time on it.....good for you
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
^no you can spend a lot of money and still make it look generally like the manufacturer intended, just added a multitude of subtle changes..
hey im sorry man i dont wanna pick on you, but you worded it perfectly, and my question is .. WHY??, why would you spend perhaps 5K on your car, and have it look completely stock? when you could spend nothing and have it look almost IDENTICAL to the one that had 5k blown on it to make it made tyte JDM. Spending thousands of dollars on your car to make it super tyte JDM is a little silly IMO here, the only changes would be stuff like folding mirrors, side markers, subtle changed tails, and huge JDM logos (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...er-badge.html), lol.
Old 01-08-2008
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

Dude it's just two sides of the coin.. would you rather spend money on as you put "stuff like folding mirrors, side markers, subtle changed tails" all of which are FUNCTIONAL to driving as opposed to flashy lights that don't do anything to help your driving and are simply meant for show.. as I said props to the OP'er who put a lot of time and effort into making car neat to look at, but I'm sorry I'd rather have one that's more functional DRIVING, as opposed to sitting in a car show..
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

hey im sorry man i dont wanna pick on you, but you worded it perfectly, and my question is .. WHY??, why would you spend perhaps 5K on your car, and have it look completely stock?
performance? just maybe? haha.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by beadebaserr
performance? just maybe? haha.
i didnt say performance, i said mad tyte jdm looks.

and as for functional, how are folding mirrors any more functional than flashy things? or sidemarkers? those are pretty much meant to be flashy too, they are installed too low to serve as blind spot blinkers.

all im saying is that crap like an underglow kit is just as "functional" as a sidemarkers or JDM tails, None of this crap will help you with your driving, but it just bugs me when i see cars that have tonnes of work and $$ put into them and then hordes of posts after it pointing out its non jdm tyte flaws in it.

anyways /end rant, im done with this
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough

i didnt say performance, i said mad tyte jdm looks.

and as for functional, how are folding mirrors any more functional than flashy things? or sidemarkers? those are pretty much meant to be flashy too, they are installed too low to serve as blind spot blinkers.

all im saying is that crap like an underglow kit is just as "functional" as a sidemarkers or JDM tails, None of this crap will help you with your driving, but it just bugs me when i see cars that have tonnes of work and $$ put into them and then hordes of posts after it pointing out its non jdm tyte flaws in it.

anyways /end rant, im done with this
it has nothing to do with things being JDM as much as it has to do with things being SUBTLE and SIMPLE, not flashy and tacky, reinforcing the bad rap imports already get.

in fact, i don't think I have one JDM part on my car.
Old 01-08-2008
I like my commute

^yahh and I'd rather have your car than the OP's
Old 01-08-2008
p0ssibly the youngest member in here.

es*oneeCivic2k5 will become famous soon enough

nice ride how much money was spent into it ?
btw, what happened to your other front bumper
Old 01-08-2008
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

you spell tight wrong like 12 times by the way. and nobody says "mad tyte JDM" anymore.
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

you spell tight wrong like 12 times by the way. and nobody says "mad tyte JDM" anymore.
like anyone was ever serious when they said it in the first place. haha.
Old 01-08-2008

did u actaully count ?
Old 01-08-2008
New Mod on the Block

umm... no... was it 12? cuz i really dont care.
Old 01-08-2008

umm... no... was it 12? cuz i really dont care.
well who cares about typing "tyte" wrong in the first place
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

hahah, you cared enough to point it out and attempt to make a weak little burn.
Old 01-08-2008
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

lol dumbass
Old 01-08-2008
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

Old 01-08-2008
New Mod on the Block

w/e. im supposed to be nice on here anyways, so im not gonna get into it with you. please try to keep it on topic.
Old 01-08-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^geez i thought ud never say it. its like everybody is just WAITING for that moment to flame on. LOL

hey OP, did you paint it yourself? sorry if i missed it.

It isnt my cup of tea, but to each his own. goodluck with the turbo, dont forget to make a build thread for it.
Old 01-08-2008
New Mod on the Block

eh, well i think that this:

looks worse than this (my little brother's car 750rwhp):

i think it looks good cuz it looks like it could have rolled out of the factory this way and doesnt have neons

Last edited by Rennen; 01-08-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2008
Registered!!

J Casanova will become famous soon enoughJ Casanova will become famous soon enough

eh, well i think that this:

looks worse than this (my little brother's car 750rwhp):

i think it looks good cuz it looks like it could have rolled out of the factory this way and doesnt have neons
well now that this is a supra thread did everybody hear about nick hogan killing some guy when he wrecked his supra lol? wait no lol thats horrible
Old 01-09-2008
New Mod on the Block

not a supra thread. i was pointing out that "mad tyte JDM" themed cars are a lot better than flashy show cars.
Old 01-09-2008
Registered!!

well i said i was done, but you just kept it up, and ill include some pics for ya!
would you rather pay about 5K and have this?

or pay 5 k and have this?

but the second one is so made tyte OEM jdm yo, its so clean!!
Old 01-09-2008
Registered!!

w/e. im supposed to be nice on here anyways, so im not gonna get into it with you. please try to keep it on topic.
wow and just 2 posts later you bring it back up? nice!....
Old 01-09-2008
Registered!!

Mandu is an unknown quantity at this point

Look alright, doesn't win me over too much though.. Not feelin' the tail lights or body kit.. but it looks alright. If that's what you like, well, have fun.

Quick Reply: My 99 civic showcar