OEM or Aero rear lip? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

OEM or Aero rear lip?

Old 01-04-2008
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all
OEM or Aero rear lip?

I have a current "type R" style lip that has been scraping a little bit on steep driveways and drainage dips even though I am on a 2 finger gap drop. I will be getting coil overs next week and lowering the rear to a no finger drop, so I would imagine the rear will scrape like crazy, so it's time for me to get a new rear lip. Here are some pictures of the car, and I would like to know whether the aero or the oem would flow better with my current set up of a type b front and aero sides. I got the type r lip because it matches the type b front's grooves and it made the car a lot more balanced, but i scraping sucks...
thanks

i want to drop my car to this height... but as you can tell the rear sits way too low and my driveways are sometimes not wide enough to enter/exit at an angle.

Old 01-05-2008
Slowest 7thgen in the GTA

phuviano has a spectacular aura aboutphuviano has a spectacular aura about
Re: OEM or Aero rear lip?

I wouldn't bother lowering it anymore if you are already scraping. I occasionally scrap without a body kit, or lip kit. If you want coilovers, do it, but don't go any lower.

Don't choose form over function. It should be function, before form. You can have a good mix between the two though. Function is always number 1 imo.
Old 01-05-2008
Registered!!

kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

ya... but it looks cooler!
Old 01-05-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

I dig how you've done up this car.
Old 01-05-2008
Registered!!

thank you... thats why i hate to see the rear lip go... it looks so sweet and matches the type b and aero sides perfectly, but its just too low. I'm scraping already when i go through speed bumps and dips.. and i can't always go through them at an angle...
Old 01-06-2008
Registered!!

BigD001 can only hope to improve

what rear lip is that. Your car looks dope.
Old 01-06-2008
Registered!!

513steve will become famous soon enough

yu must have a helacious driveway lol. Car looks good with the no finger gap.