Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

TAKATA's installed..56k..get a drank!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007
Since 2002 Baby!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chicohonda02 has a spectacular aura aboutchicohonda02 has a spectacular aura about
Re: TAKATA's installed..56k..get a drank!

how do they feel? its 5 point, right? is it a pain in the *** to get in/out.
Old 10-18-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
you know what i smell.......

RICE. LOL
how are rota's rice in any way, shape, or form unless put on a ricer car?
Old 10-18-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

how do they feel? its 5 point, right? is it a pain in the *** to get in/out.
unless youre fat... and these are cam lock and hella easy to get in and out, and heck no, its 5 pt. , 4 pt yo!
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

Do you have a harness bar in there?
it appears that they are mounted below the back seat. if that is the case, you do realize that you are driving around in a death trap? any front end collision is gonna compress your spine. they def look awesome, but without a harness bar, youre better off not wearing a seatbelt than a harness mounted at that angle
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawski
it appears that they are mounted below the back seat. if that is the case, you do realize that you are driving around in a death trap? any front end collision is gonna compress your spine. they def look awesome, but without a harness bar, youre better off not wearing a seatbelt than a harness mounted at that angle
Ditto
Old 10-18-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

well if you take them and install at a 45deg angle youre good.. but a 90 is better..i guess.. 45-90... but directly behind the seat.. bad!
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

SR rejuvenated is a jewel in the roughSR rejuvenated is a jewel in the roughSR rejuvenated is a jewel in the roughSR rejuvenated is a jewel in the rough

you know what i smell.......

RICE. LOL
Same here. Looks like the rainbow threw up on your car.
Old 10-18-2007
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by burke420
ill have my real wheels.. coming this winter!

werd
Old 10-18-2007
The World Is Yours!

Originally Posted by SR rejuvenated
thsnks and god hates you!
Old 10-18-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

lololol
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

SR rejuvenated is a jewel in the roughSR rejuvenated is a jewel in the roughSR rejuvenated is a jewel in the roughSR rejuvenated is a jewel in the rough

thsnks and god hates you!
Haha why do you think I already have my reservation for front row tickets to hell. I was just being honest. At the end of the day it is still a Civic. But hey we all start somewhere.
Old 10-18-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

I third the notion.

well if you take them and install at a 45deg angle youre good.. but a 90 is better..i guess.. 45-90... but directly behind the seat.. bad!

It doesnt matter, the standard rule is not more than TWENTY DEGREES from the point where they contact your shoulder. The flatter, the better. And without the nut strap, those are useless..... you get hit, you're coming out the bottom.... When you go forward, the harness is going to lift.

That is in no way safe. You need a harness bar, and you need the nut strap.

Here's sparco's guide sheet for SFI compliance
http://www.sparcousa.com/resourceFiles/16.pdf

I dont feel like going to look for it, but find the rules on harness placement in the NASA CCR or the SCCA rules... you're way off of being safe.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 10-18-2007 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2007
The World Is Yours!

okay! thanks.. you saved my life... so if i install a nut strap, and narness bar, im completely safe! ??? so how come i never see a nut strap in a drift car, but thanks though!
Old 10-18-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

okay! thanks.. you saved my life... so if i install a nut strap, and narness bar, im completely safe! ??? so how come i never see a nut strap in a drift car, but thanks though!
No, you also need a roll bar, but since you'd rather be an ignorant dumbass about it, I couldn't give a **** what you do.
Absolutely everything in there is the reverse of what is safer. You got harnesses without an anti-submarine strap, in reclining seats with harnesses that are improperly mounted and without a roll bar.

The fact that you're using a drift car as a basis for what's safe.... is a scary enough thought in and of itself.... why you're looking in the crotchal area of drifters is enough for me, the nut strap slips through a slot in the seat bottom, and often falls through. I would be fairly certain that anyone drifting competitively with something sanctioned has a 5 point.

But thats cool though... you have shiny green $400 seatbelts..... yay for looking cool

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 10-18-2007 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

Dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Mmmmmmmmmmmmmooooootha Fuccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss!!
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future

yah...im gonna go with everyone else saying that this is not the way to go.

if youre going for performance, you definitely are going about it the wrong way, as boilermaker and others pointed out.

if youre going for looks, you really didnt get that right either. green seatbelts, red rims, orange sidemarkers...jeez. pick a theme man. or are you going for the stoplight effect?
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

Harness bar is not the way to go. If you get in a wreck with a harness bar, it could kill you. Better of using the stock grey seat belt and being safe, but hey if you like Skittles be my guest.
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

chawski will become famous soon enoughchawski will become famous soon enough

so how come i never see a nut strap in a drift car, but thanks though!
any competition car (be it drift, race, whatever) has a full harness. you have no clue what you are talking about. you bought these bc you think they look mad tyte jdm yo. also realize that altering any safety device on a car is illegal as hell. atleast leave the passenger side stock so your passenger doesnt fall victim to darwinism with you.

the point i was trying to make with my original comment is that there is really no safe way to do a harness in a street car. for this to be effective, you need a cage as well, which unless you plan on driving everywhere with a helment is just not practical.
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

for this to be effective, you need a cage as well, which unless you plan on driving everywhere with a helment is just not practical.
Drive everywhere in a helmet. That would be funny.
Old 10-19-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Not really feeling the harness man, that's pert near a set of Wiseco pistons you're sporting. But we have different priorities in our cars. GL with the flamefest going on.
Old 10-19-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

So foos... totally off topic here... why don't you do a RHD conversion while you're over there? I always wanted to do that... RHD convert an EM2, K20 swap and get all sorts of stupid JDM goodies and just tell everyone it's a JDM car even though they never made the coupe there.
Old 10-19-2007
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha joel... easy man . LOLOL
Old 10-19-2007
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha why do you think I already have my reservation for front row tickets to hell. I was just being honest. At the end of the day it is still a Civic. But hey we all start somewhere.
ouch.....
Old 10-19-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by So.Ill.EM2
Dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Mmmmmmmmmmmmmooooootha Fuccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssss!!
bwuahahahahahahahahaah OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

hahaha joel... easy man . LOLOL
Well I thought the whole point on here was to be honest with the OP? Well back on topic.
Old 10-19-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well like joel said already, just wear the stock seatbelt and put the green ones on for shows if you go to any. and if youre trying to have a jdm style, you got that all wrong too. its clear headlights, sidemarkers, and foglights. orange is usdm, and yellow fogs are edm? my car is actually more jdm than yours if you can believe it.
Old 10-19-2007
Banned

<<<< sits back and watch the Burn show >>>>

hahahaha
Old 10-19-2007

I'm just a not a big JDM-guy Ben. Plus I hate being on the right side of the car, its not comfortable, and shifting with my left hand is a pain in the ***. I'd rather go fast than look like some other country's stock Civic. Sure they have some neat things, but it's just not my taste. I have go-fast parts I'd rather spend money on, and if they look good too, well that's just icing on the cake.

The only reason I converted to UKDM tails and sidemarkers is because the half-*** Euro light conversion I did so I could register the car when I got here was getting on my nerves and I wanted to do it proper.
Old 10-19-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

do they require amber turn signal over there? the red is so much harder to see and esp when it shares the same bulb as brake light.
Old 10-19-2007

Yep they require amber fronts, rears, and sides. That and you can not have amber lights other than turn signals in the front and rear. No kidding on the shared brake light. My wife's Blazer had that and it was a real booger finding where the signal wire tied in so I could pull it out and run separate blinkers.

Quick Reply: TAKATA's installed..56k..get a drank!