Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!
View Poll Results: What to do with Amber?
Leave her chrome
64.38%
Black her out
35.62%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Amber looks pretty..

Old 10-18-2007
Bone Stock!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Amber looks pretty..

leave it chrome, if you black it out the circle parking light, it will appear very dim from the side. the chrome part actually magnifies the light output in certain angles especially on mine with the LED bulb.
Old 10-18-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Here's how I did mine:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...ixed-pics.html
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

leave them chrome... you have to think about the future. Do you play on getting sidemarkers? If you do and they're amber... then leaving it chrome would look much better... I also think it loooks cheap when painting it all black.

Another pic for reference...

Last edited by Mralbino; 10-18-2007 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-18-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

chromeeeee!!
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

leave chrome...looks 325435 better
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I say chrome it is.
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by armieo
whose white coupe is that? I know i've talked to him before.

Its mine!

Mine are actually Gunmetal, But black them out FTW!!

Mine also still look good at night!
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about2DoorVic has a spectacular aura about

Pic with my parking lights turned on!

Old 10-18-2007
THE LONE STAR STATE

texascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of lighttexascivic2k1 is a glorious beacon of light

Chrome...

Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

cgomes is on a distinguished road

Flip a coin
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

miami_em2 will become famous soon enough

^^lol
Old 10-18-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

I say chrome, but let me warn you be very very careful when you mask of the chrome it takes only the slightest amount of adhesive to peal of the chrome paint.
If I were you I would by the cheapest crappiest masking tape there is because it will be less sticky.
I used 3M BLUE big mistake!
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

miami_em2 will become famous soon enough

There's a trick to doing that. You get the tape and put it and on your shirt and peel it off. Do it about 3-4 times and then put it on the item you wanna tape off. It won't rip anythin off after
Old 10-18-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miami_em2
There's a trick to doing that. You get the tape and put it and on your shirt and peel it off. Do it about 3-4 times and then put it on the item you wanna tape off. It won't rip anythin off after
Great little piece of info simple yet effective +1 for U
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

Originally Posted by miami_em2

u can also heat up the tape with a heat gun or blow dryer.

chrome. i had mine painted black and i got new ones to paint again and leave chrome. it honestly looked ugly at night painted black
Old 10-18-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedricerx
shouldve made a poll
there is a poll
Old 10-18-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

LogicWavelength... i dont see any finished products.. looks like a cool start but wat did it end up looking like with the amber peice back in...??

im pretty set on doing it chrome right about now....now heres another question.. the city light circle... SHOULD I .. black that out or leave THAT chrome too...

heres sum reference:

BLACKED OUT:

CHROME:
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
there is a poll

lol oops... i've been debating this too
Old 10-18-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

Half chrome half black. Paint it black so that it looks black from the side but leave deep inside the parking light chrome. get it?
Old 10-18-2007
Registered!!

popee will become famous soon enough

i said black them out
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to allkcari is a name known to all

how about remove the amber and leave the chrome underneath unpainted?
I have the same problem myself on a black car... don't know if i should remove the amber or leave it or paint the circle light either...
Old 10-19-2007
Registered!!

MisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enoughMisterFrankieJ will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mralbino
leave them chrome... you have to think about the future. Do you play on getting sidemarkers? If you do and they're amber... then leaving it chrome would look much better... I also think it loooks cheap when painting it all black.
+1 I wish I wouldn't have painted behind the amber piece.
Old 12-08-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough

that car in the forth pic is hot

black em out
Old 12-14-2007
This is Myspace

it is, i think the owner is somewhere on here LOL
Old 12-14-2007
Registered!!

i think the 3rd one is sexy!
Old 12-14-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

people need to stop voting on this thread and bumping it
Old 12-15-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Chrome:

Old 12-15-2007
This is Myspace

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
people need to stop voting on this thread and bumping it
i dont see why.. its a poll..somebody can always come back for reference