Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007
dxr
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dxr is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear Ended

I was on the feeder of 290 making a right onto Bingle. I was yielding to traffic when... WHAM... from the backside.

My butt before...

I was on the feeder of 290 making a right onto Bingle. I was yielding to traffic when... WHAM... from the backside.

-crap... rear quarter panel damage... crank up the estimate$$

his license plate got embedded into my bumper!

hahahaha boo... good thing he's got geico and they've got some pretty bad *** customer service... well so far
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
Re: Rear Ended

it just pisses me off when the other car that did the hitting gets off without a scratch on their car
Old 10-15-2007
My Honda Loves Me ^_^

2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute2005EM2 has a reputation beyond repute

damn... sorry for the accident.
Hope you're okay though. Good luck with the fix and the insurance
Old 10-15-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

I wish my car would get rear ended. I have been putting off for a year to buy a new bumper and would like someone to buy one for me. The lack of damage to the truck is amazing.
Old 10-15-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I think thoes are the best pictures of a crash that I have seen, its almost like a photoshoot... you can see the beauty in the photos, even though the subject matter is distrubing. Looks like 3-4k in damage. mine was 3300 when that happened, but my trunk lid wasnt that messed up. is your floor pan toast, or did it excape the wreck?
Old 10-15-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

gah that sucks man!! stupid truck drivers!

awesome photo shoot tho lol
Old 10-15-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

So they really do drive mechanical horses in texas i guess :-@ @ truck driver

@poster: ouch man ... but i hope ur ok ... cars are always fixable
Old 10-15-2007
dxr
Registered!!

thanks guys... my head still hurts a bit, i'mma get it checked out just in case... i forhead hit the a-pillar cuz i was leaning forward to watch for the cars coming. Anyone know where I can get a hybrid trunk/JDM tails for cheap? maybe even a rear bumper... cheap cheap cheap!!! of course everything's going to be appraised at OEM honda prices. =)
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light

aww my twin civic was smashed... from the looks of it though it looks like those parts could easily be replaced: bumper, trunk, etc. hope you're alright and everything turns out well. btw claim injury so you can milk all the insurance money
Old 10-15-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

OEM bumper, primed, on ebay, $50
Old 10-15-2007
dxr
Registered!!

hmm.... hybrid trunk, JDM rear bumper and JDM tails, anyone???

Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

I agree with Triz. Best pics of a crash I have seen. What kind of camera are you using? I'm in the market for one this week.
Old 10-15-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

that sucks looks almost the same as mine did but without broken tails.
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough

That ford has no damage to its body, only the license plate. Sorry about your car man.
Old 10-15-2007
dxr
Registered!!

D50 with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dxr
hmm.... hybrid trunk, JDM rear bumper and JDM tails, anyone???
I'll take the hybrid trunk with TDM tails...

Old 10-15-2007
Registered!!

Ti71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Though I rather have a cf trunk, hybrid spoiler, and TDM tails

Last edited by Ti71; 10-15-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-15-2007
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

whoa! nice photo shop aboe me. but anyway, hope you get all kinds of insurance money. i just got rear ended too. feel your pain. i get my check soon though!
Old 10-15-2007
dxr
Registered!!

dang, that does look pretty nice... although if i did get a CF trunk i'd need the hood too... I'd rather not put too much $$ back into the car... i need money in the bank.. shorty watchu thank. But we'll see how much i get cuz we'll be getting a lot in medical bills.

How long did it take u to go through the whole process? last time, it was 4-5 months for me!

*edit* what's TDM?
Old 10-16-2007
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

i got rear-ended on Oct 1st, apprasied 8 days laters, check is supposed to be in the mail =D.

and i THINK TDM is Thailand DM
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

XeRoX. will become famous soon enoughXeRoX. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ciVictoria
That ford has no damage to its body, only the license plate. Sorry about your car man.
Same thing happened to us (Me and my fiance)
Rear ended in her 96 Cavelier
He was doin 45 at least, completely destroyed her car
Broke ONE!! fog light on his truck. . . THATS IT!!!
It was a company truck so they bought us her car she has now 2000 Ford Focus!!
She was put on meds for a couple weeks and had to wear a brace, I took a week off work and got payed for it!!
Lesson learned: GO AROUND THE DOG, DON'T STOP AND WAIT FOR IT TO CROSS!!!!

PS. . . J/K I'll always stop for animals
Old 10-16-2007
Diamond Member

i woulda slapped the car into reverse and cause more damage. More damage= more insurance money
Old 10-16-2007
dxr
Registered!!

gangsta!
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

seadoo2006 will become famous soon enough

Dude....sorry for your civic man, but glad to hear that you are doing okay (for the most part)

Some pointers though:
- Make sure that Geico will be only using new OEM parts. State Farm tried to replace mine with used, but new condition.
- Document all medical bills, estimates, and anything that comes out of your pockets because of this. (Rental car, loss of utility, etc)
- Make sure you get 'loss of value' for the accident. Because the car has been in an accident, you can ask the insurance company to provide you with the loss of value (could be $2500-3000 cash).
- Make sure your car is in the exact condition it was before hand....don't settle for a scuffed interior piece because it will save them $30 to re-use the old one.

Oh yeah, that'll buff right out
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

slowwhitecivic will become famous soon enough

u could have call me out and we could have done a photshoot man. lol i only live 5 min from where u got hit lol
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

ouch!!!, im surprised the taillights and the back windsheild for that matter are still intact.

ford ranger 1 civic 0

gotta love and hate the expensive OEM honda stuff,,
hope you get your check fast!
Old 10-17-2007
dxr
Registered!!

Yeah, i thought my lights would be busted fasho, but they still all work properly. lol
Originally Posted by seadoo2006
Dude....sorry for your civic man, but glad to hear that you are doing okay (for the most part)

Some pointers though:
- Make sure that Geico will be only using new OEM parts. State Farm tried to replace mine with used, but new condition.
- Document all medical bills, estimates, and anything that comes out of your pockets because of this. (Rental car, loss of utility, etc)
- Make sure you get 'loss of value' for the accident. Because the car has been in an accident, you can ask the insurance company to provide you with the loss of value (could be $2500-3000 cash).
- Make sure your car is in the exact condition it was before hand....don't settle for a scuffed interior piece because it will save them $30 to re-use the old one.

Oh yeah, that'll buff right out
wow,thanks for the pointers... i know exactly what u mean by PT#2

Originally Posted by slowwhitecivic
u could have call me out and we could have done a photshoot man. lol i only live 5 min from where u got hit lol
damnn... werd gangsta. we can still have a pshoot. lol... we'll still look good.
Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

sorry about the accident man.... make sure you claim small tissue damage because they will pay you for it. the good thing about it is that you don't need to prove it
Old 10-17-2007
Registered!!

SSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura aboutSSMCivic2k5 has a spectacular aura about

my gf got rear ended by me!!!!
Old 10-17-2007
Diamond Member

haha. i jsut got a $517.32 check for my accident. a non-OEM reconicioned bumper FTL. going straight back to their office. and thats JUST the bumper.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended