Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Finally Have The Cash..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xcrxss is on a distinguished road
Question Finally Have The Cash..

Hey you guys. I posted awhile ago asking about lowering and stuff. I was going to go with Eibach Pro Springs for about 1-1.5'' drop. Then I was told to get a camber kit. Okay so I have the money for that ****. But then someone recommended coilovers?

What do you guys think I should do? If I go springs/camber do I need anything else and if I go with coil covers what will I need..thanks :]

Last edited by xcrxss; 10-14-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Finally Have The Cash..

you need camber kit for both. if you are getting springs like prokit, then you just need shocks like the tokico blues. if coilovers, it has spring and shock in one piece, and that gets more expensive like the tein basic coilovers which are the cheapest i would recommend.
Old 10-13-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHX01 is an unknown quantity at this point

you only really need a camber kit for the rear...

and as far as the coilovers... don't get sleeved coilovers, make sure you get full coilovers...
Old 10-13-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

it depends what you're going to use the car for.. If you just want a good street setup, like gear said get a good spring and shock combo b/c it's cheaper and youll have a more comfortable ride height/feel for street driving...
Old 10-13-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CivicHX01

and as far as the coilovers... don't get sleeved coilovers, make sure you get full coilovers...
whats wrong with sleeved coilovers... the only negative would be that if u try dumping ur car low enough ur shocks will give out.. anything else wrong with em?

i would keep saving and go with full coilovers man... keep saving.. u can find the megans which are 32 way damper adjustable and are really good from what i hear.. u can find em for like..800 i think
Old 10-13-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

y do u only need camber kits in the rear???
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

the front in somewhat adjustable (depending on the drop, they can usually get the car within spec), but the rear is not adjustable at all.
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

jrock will become famous soon enoughjrock will become famous soon enough

neuspeed sport springs, tokico, and spc camber ftw!

don't forget carbing and rsx sway!
Old 10-14-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CivicHX01

yea....whats wrong with sleeve coils?

i the eibach GC are better then most other full coils...well, if u pair it up with konis that is.....
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

xcrxss is on a distinguished road

Haha christ, I'm getting mixed reactions here. I still don't know.
Old 10-14-2007
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light

keep in mind every time you adjust your coilovers you need to get an allignment
Old 10-14-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
keep in mind every time you adjust your coilovers you need to get an allignment
Excellent point.

Find the springs that have the drop you want and get some good adjustable dampers like D-specs or just go with the blues if you want to save money
Old 10-14-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

pretty much.. buy both.. or tires, youll hate buying all the time.. get some coils with uppermounts, and get the rear arms for camber...
Old 10-16-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Just get öhlins to custom build you some coilovers. Screw all these "varied" opinions. Go for the best. Who needs a house?
Old 10-16-2007
Registered!!

rick1574 will become famous soon enough

get tokico blues with tien s-techs.

and i'm selling a set of s-techs if your interested.