ksport? how is it - Honda Civic Forum



Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2007   #1
Registered!!
Thread Starter
 
mrbanhbao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 475
Rep Power: 142
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
ksport? how is it

hey guys last time i ask about tein basic and megan coilovers. now i notice ksport coilovers. how are they. my car is just daily driver and sometimes race w/ my friends. thas about it? can i get some comments and possibly pictures of how low it sits...oh yeah and which one? ksport has a variety of coilovers.. ?

Last edited by mrbanhbao; 09-08-2007 at 05:03 AM. Reason: forgot something
mrbanhbao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #2
TURTLEonK
iTrader: (20)
 
Nameless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Scarborough, ON
Age: 31
Posts: 1,630
Rep Power: 192
Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Re: ksport? how is it

^ You would probably have better luck posting this in the suspension forum rather than the Members Ride Area but anyways.

KSports are probably like the Megan Coilovers and from my experience, they seem to be a pretty good construction. And when you say you want pics of how low they sit, it depends how low you adjust them because they are adjustable in rideheight as well as dampening.

You gotta ask yourself if you want to spend the extra money to get coilovers, or are you just happy with a mild drop with some cheaper springs and shock combos.
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #3
Registered!!
iTrader: (7)
 
beadebaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 811
Rep Power: 149
beadebaserr will become famous soon enoughbeadebaserr will become famous soon enough
Re: ksport? how is it

from your description of what your car is used for, sounds like you'd be better off with some tokico blues matched up with some sportlines or s-techs. good ride quality and performance. save your money if you're just doing daily driving. you won't notice the difference either way.
beadebaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #4
Registered!!
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 30
Posts: 1,006
Rep Power: 162
mrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of lightmrtrinh is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ksport? how is it

ksport, megan, apexi, f2, and d2 are all basically the same. they are all manufactured in the same factory, but have different spring rates. ksport are known to be very rough... my cousin has them on his del sol and its one of the roughest rides ive sat in. if you want a set of ksports you should contact www.jlbmotorsports.com, they are known for giving the best deals
mrtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #5
Registered!!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 142
Rep Power: 0
Boggie6868 should not be trusted
Re: ksport? how is it

I've probably had ksports before anyone on this board. I was the first 7thgen to have them on.

My history with Ksport:
May/June 05 I got the ksport coilover and installed them. Also got their rear camber kit.
December 06 sent my front coilovers for warranty. Because they told me to drill the 14mm holes out to 16mm and I said I didn't have proper tools. Ksport gave me extended warranty. Received the coilovers within 2 weeks.
July 07, rears blew and order replacement shocks. $100 for each rear. Received only 1 shock, called in, had the 2nd one in 4 days. Went to install the new shocks and my old perches didn't fit. Ksport sent me new ones within 2 days.
August 07, 8 months after fronts have been replaced, I noticed the shocks were starting to leak and beginning to blow. Called ksport, front shocks were under warranty, and I'm currently awaiting new fronts. Same time my rear camber kits inner bushings have blown. Ksport will not replace my camber kits.

Thats just the history of me and ksport. The only real problem I have with ksport is their camber kit and not replacing it. A stock camber kit can last 100K miles, while their camber kit only lasted me 25k. The camber kit has no moving parts, so how does the inner bushing blow? I don't know. They won't replace it, but they are willing to give me a discount on a new set. My question is will the same camber kit blow out again? If then, what will ksport say to me?

The reason, ksport claims, for their bad camber kit and shocks is they use to have a different manufacturing company. Now they claim their new factory uses better quality parts. Whether or not this is true I can't verify or deny it. Currently I have the newest revision of ksports rear shocks, so I'll be able to tell you how long they last. My old ones only last 2.5 years. I will also have a new set of fronts soon, so hopefully I can tell you how long those will last too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrinh View Post
ksport, megan, apexi, f2, and d2 are all basically the same. they are all manufactured in the same factory, but have different spring rates. ksport are known to be very rough... my cousin has them on his del sol and its one of the roughest rides ive sat in. if you want a set of ksports you should contact www.jlbmotorsports.com, they are known for giving the best deals
It has never been confirmed that ksport, f2, d2, megan, apexi, or any other coilover company has been made at the same factory. I don't think my ksports are rough, go look at the spring rates for ksport for our cars. Then go look at teins, or megans, or apexi, or d2. Ksports have the same spring rate all around 7kg, while megan and tein have 6kg(front) and 8kg(rear).

As to answer your question about models, I don't know much different. Maybe they use different materials when building, but according to their website its the same. Additionally the spring rates on the higher end models are the same as the kontrol pros. I think, you can check to confirm this but the last time I looked it was the same.

Last edited by Boggie6868; 09-10-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Boggie6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007   #6
Registered!!
iTrader: (4)
 
zps2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Myrtle Beach
Age: 32
Posts: 180
Rep Power: 0
zps2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ksport? how is it

I had ksports on my car for 7 months before I had all 4 shocks blow on me. The car was ok with them. Nothing special. It definatly had a hard ride. The springs weren't that hard but the valving is very aggeressive. I now have koni's and ground controls with 7.84KG fronts and 9.8KG rear springs and my car rides 100X better and is a lot faster. Now this combination is probably more then your looking to spend but I would definatly not buy ksports, buy something, anything elce. Im also at a trackday or autocross every 2 weeks and I can only think of 1 car that ran k-sports on it, and I never heard anything too impresive from him about them on track. This was at Roebling Road.
zps2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007   #7
Registered!!
Thread Starter
 
mrbanhbao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: seattle
Posts: 475
Rep Power: 142
mrbanhbao has a spectacular aura aboutmrbanhbao has a spectacular aura about
Re: ksport? how is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadebaserr View Post
from your description of what your car is used for, sounds like you'd be better off with some tokico blues matched up with some sportlines or s-techs. good ride quality and performance. save your money if you're just doing daily driving. you won't notice the difference either way.
hm after reading everyones comment ksport doesnt seem that great anymore hahha. but hey what kind of a drop did u get from the tokico and sportline or s techs?
mrbanhbao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007   #8
Registered!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5
Rep Power: 0
ksport is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ksport? how is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggie6868 View Post
I've probably had ksports before anyone on this board. I was the first 7thgen to have them on.

My history with Ksport:
May/June 05 I got the ksport coilover and installed them. Also got their rear camber kit.
December 06 sent my front coilovers for warranty. Because they told me to drill the 14mm holes out to 16mm and I said I didn't have proper tools. Ksport gave me extended warranty. Received the coilovers within 2 weeks.
July 07, rears blew and order replacement shocks. $100 for each rear. Received only 1 shock, called in, had the 2nd one in 4 days. Went to install the new shocks and my old perches didn't fit. Ksport sent me new ones within 2 days.
August 07, 8 months after fronts have been replaced, I noticed the shocks were starting to leak and beginning to blow. Called ksport, front shocks were under warranty, and I'm currently awaiting new fronts. Same time my rear camber kits inner bushings have blown. Ksport will not replace my camber kits.

Thats just the history of me and ksport. The only real problem I have with ksport is their camber kit and not replacing it. A stock camber kit can last 100K miles, while their camber kit only lasted me 25k. The camber kit has no moving parts, so how does the inner bushing blow? I don't know. They won't replace it, but they are willing to give me a discount on a new set. My question is will the same camber kit blow out again? If then, what will ksport say to me?

The reason, ksport claims, for their bad camber kit and shocks is they use to have a different manufacturing company. Now they claim their new factory uses better quality parts. Whether or not this is true I can't verify or deny it. Currently I have the newest revision of ksports rear shocks, so I'll be able to tell you how long they last. My old ones only last 2.5 years. I will also have a new set of fronts soon, so hopefully I can tell you how long those will last too.



It has never been confirmed that ksport, f2, d2, megan, apexi, or any other coilover company has been made at the same factory. I don't think my ksports are rough, go look at the spring rates for ksport for our cars. Then go look at teins, or megans, or apexi, or d2. Ksports have the same spring rate all around 7kg, while megan and tein have 6kg(front) and 8kg(rear).

As to answer your question about models, I don't know much different. Maybe they use different materials when building, but according to their website its the same. Additionally the spring rates on the higher end models are the same as the kontrol pros. I think, you can check to confirm this but the last time I looked it was the same.
Sorry for the problems you had, but i do remember you. We gave you a "very special deal" on your kit because it was one of the first ones we produced for your vehicle over 2 years ago (thus the fitment problems), and we tried to deal with the problems with first design promptly. I really wish i could replace your camber kit but we do have a one year warranty on the products and yours is over that.

I cant really comment why it went bad because i have no idea, but we never really had a "problem" with the camber kits, but we are constantly improving all our products and incresing quality standards to all of our component part suppliers.

We offered you a deal on a new kit because you were an existing customer, but i understand how you can feel that is not enough.

If you ever need anything else let us know.
ksport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #9
Registered!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MTL
Posts: 224
Rep Power: 153
Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough
Re: ksport? how is it

Nice! Welcome Im sure we would all love to hear updates about your products! Thinking of getting a set of coilovers for my 04-05 EM2.
Polo2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #10
Registered!!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 142
Rep Power: 0
Boggie6868 should not be trusted
Re: ksport? how is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksport View Post
Sorry for the problems you had, but i do remember you. We gave you a "very special deal" on your kit because it was one of the first ones we produced for your vehicle over 2 years ago (thus the fitment problems), and we tried to deal with the problems with first design promptly. I really wish i could replace your camber kit but we do have a one year warranty on the products and yours is over that.

I cant really comment why it went bad because i have no idea, but we never really had a "problem" with the camber kits, but we are constantly improving all our products and incresing quality standards to all of our component part suppliers.

We offered you a deal on a new kit because you were an existing customer, but i understand how you can feel that is not enough.

If you ever need anything else let us know.
Dear Ksport,

I'm glad to see your on the forums. Its always great when communities can communicate with the producers.

I did recieve new upper camber bushings today. Thanks much to Ksport and their customer service support.

Anywayz, on to the camber arms. The camber kits I currently own are from 2005. Having said that, today I replaced the upper part of the camber kits. The section that holds the inner bushing that mounts to the car. For some odd reason the camber arms do not come straight out to the top of the knuckle. I don't know if this is because my camber kits are an "old revision" where the fitment was not as good as the current sets.

I'd also like to take a moment to say that their new upper inner bushings definitely look better. They are also visible smaller and of better quality.
I'll post pictures tomorrow, and give ksport support a call.

I understand the issue with updated revisions and fitment issues. However as the end user you can understand how frustrating it is for me. Although I've run into several problems, I've also been met with consistantly friendly and helpful customer services. I'm sure ksport support will help me work out my issues with these camber kits.
Boggie6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #11
Registered!!
iTrader: (1)
 
YuckerDisMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 33
Posts: 156
Rep Power: 0
YuckerDisMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ksport? how is it

I have some ksport kontrol pros on my o2 sedan and the ride is great. But when i had them first installed they where making alot of noise. I took them to a couple of performance shops and a suspension shop. I got the replacement parts for them and had them installed. They dont make as much noise but still make some noise.

I called ksport yesterday but never got a call back. Im going to try again later to see if i could get these fixed cause i love the way the car rides with them.
YuckerDisMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007   #12
Registered!!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 142
Rep Power: 0
Boggie6868 should not be trusted
Re: ksport? how is it

Ok here are the pictures of the camber kit. The first pic is above the camber kit. Notice how the location of the inner bushing(where it mounts to the chassis) is not in line with where the camber kit mounts to the knuckle(top of brake). This causes the camber arms to flex when mounted, notice where the camber kit mounts to the knuckle. It clearly is not sitting right at all. The second pictures if from below the camber kit, you can notice how it is tweak a bit.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BelowCamber.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	72581   Click image for larger version

Name:	TopCamber.jpg
Views:	1382
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	72582  
Boggie6868 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Honda Civic Forum Replies Last Post
Ksport Camber Question (Calling all Ksport owners) bakertime Suspension Performance 6 07-06-2009 12:10 AM
Ksports: Springs still binding. UPDATE: Possible solution, see post #12 bakertime Suspension Performance 11 11-14-2007 09:10 AM
Ksport - Spring Rate Choice Need Input Boggie6868 Suspension Performance 14 07-01-2007 09:51 PM
b+g coilvers or ksport which to buy? parmo Suspension Performance 10 02-06-2007 03:32 PM
Ksport Coilovers 03-05 civic ksport Suspension Performance 5 05-19-2005 04:03 AM


Tags
arms, blows, cheaper, civic, coilovers, ksport, ksports, leak, low, order, replacement, replacing, shock, shocks, springs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 PM.


All Content Copyright 2017 CivicForums.com We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.