Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

UPS guy Came today :-D

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rick1574 will become famous soon enough
Re: UPS guy Came today :-D

you won't be disappointed with the rotors. i've only had mine a week, but i love them already.

are you getting a lighten flywheel as well?

good luck with the new mods! let us know how the clutch feels after its installed, i've been debating one of them as well.
Old 08-23-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

lol way to start hype over new rotors and a clutch man.
Old 08-23-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

so what... let him do it. nobody else does..

im starting a thread tomorow about my new air filter i bought, thats suppose to come in..
Old 08-23-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Originally Posted by rick1574
you won't be disappointed with the rotors. i've only had mine a week, but i love them already.

are you getting a lighten flywheel as well?

good luck with the new mods! let us know how the clutch feels after its installed, i've been debating one of them as well.

I asked many people before buying the clutch about an aftermarket flywheel and they said that honestly the light flywheel doesnt make any noticeable difference at all... I was considering buying the clutch and the flywheel combo but a few friends said that its not worth it for a civic ...
But now i read these instructions which came with the clutch kit and it reccomends getting a new flywheel or resurfacing the old one so now i need ur help on this one guys ... is resurfacing the oem flywheel easy ? if so how to do it ?
Old 08-23-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
so what... let him do it. nobody else does..

im starting a thread tomorow about my new air filter i bought, thats suppose to come in..
For the AEM V2 ??? which one u get ? the oiled or the dry flow ?
Old 08-24-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

You have to pull the flywheel to get it re-surfaced, its just like getting a brake rotor turned. Shouldn't cost that much (no more than $20), its just a matter of downtime if that's your daily driver.

I love my Exedy lightened FW and would recommend one to anybody. Its an 11lb jobbie so its still drivable and the RPMs don't fall off like people say the 7 pounders do. Seems to rev a little quicker, but I can't back it up with hard proof.

Are you doing the clutch yourself?
Old 08-24-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mani_is_kool
For the AEM V2 ??? which one u get ? the oiled or the dry flow ?

i have an injen cold air.. but in florida that aint smart.. so i converted it to short ram buy sticking the filter on the mid-pipe section. so now i decide to buy a new filter.. i lookd at that stupid chart at AEMs site and i guess i either read it wrong or its messe dup but they told me to get a 3x5 filter.. so i did n now it dont fit..

if anybody wants an AEM oiled filter brand freaking new..let me know 23 shipped and its yours.

sorry to thread jack...

im so stupid..
Old 08-24-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

I can personally vouch for Compition clutches...

i had the 4 puck loved it...

I also have a 7lbs flywheel for sale all you have to do is buy a new "friction plate" for about $100 from Fidanza,(you cant resuface a 7lbs)

Ill sell the flywheel for $90 shipped in the U.S...

save some one about $100 on a flywheel.

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 08-24-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-24-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see all the goodies arrived as planned.

We have a sale on some of the 11lb Comp Clutch Flywheels FYI
http://www.dezod.com/pd_competition_...teel_ultra.cfm
Old 08-24-2007

^^^^^ Get that one if you don't buy Don's. It's almost identical to the Exedy that I'm running.
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road

if my car is bone stock, and lookin for a new clutch which stage 1 brand should i go with? Fizanda, exedy, competition....ACT? and should i go wit the 11 lbs flywheel also speed? or stick wit the stock. i heard stock is better if i'm still n/a.
Old 08-24-2007

This technically isn't a thread jack since mani will benefit from this too. The key is clamping load and material on the clutch. With a mildly modified N/A car, you don't really want to go with anything other than a full-face (not puck) organic (its the material) disc, unless you plan on throwing some serious horse at it, and/or don't mind the drivability issues of a puck-based clutch disc (chatter, aggressive engagment, etc.).

I have been running the Exedy Racing Stage 1, full face organic clutch and Exedy 11 lb. flywheel on my N/A setup for about 8 months and have absolutely loved it. It should carry me through most of boost until I go above the high 200s. So, any major brand (Competition from Paul, ACT, or Exedy) of "stage 1" clutch will be fine.

I'm curious as to how that 6-puck is going to handle and wear. Definitely keep us updated mani!
Old 08-24-2007

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

thanks for the kind words clint!
Old 08-24-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by dezod

Thanks man !!!
Old 08-24-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by dezod

Originally Posted by mani_is_kool
Thanks man !!!
Originally Posted by speedfoos
This technically isn't a thread jack since mani will benefit from this too. The key is clamping load and material on the clutch. With a mildly modified N/A car, you don't really want to go with anything other than a full-face (not puck) organic (its the material) disc, unless you plan on throwing some serious horse at it, and/or don't mind the drivability issues of a puck-based clutch disc (chatter, aggressive engagment, etc.).

I have been running the Exedy Racing Stage 1, full face organic clutch and Exedy 11 lb. flywheel on my N/A setup for about 8 months and have absolutely loved it. It should carry me through most of boost until I go above the high 200s. So, any major brand (Competition from Paul, ACT, or Exedy) of "stage 1" clutch will be fine.

I'm curious as to how that 6-puck is going to handle and wear. Definitely keep us updated mani!
Ill definitelly keep u updated Foos but to be honest, I dont know much about mechanical stuff.. Im guessing the 6 puck u are talkin abt is those 6 portion type things on the clutch plate. Well i never knew there was a 4 puck one too and/or any advantages of the two kinds... I just asked Paul which company was good and i was also low on budget so he recommended me the competition clutch as a good quality one with an affordable price. I wont be doing the install by myself. Im looking for someone to do it... Probably a friend of mine who does all kinds of weird stuff but then again I have to ask him if he has knowledge abt resurfacing the oem flywheel.
Old 08-24-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
I can personally vouch for Compition clutches...

i had the 4 puck loved it...

I also have a 7lbs flywheel for sale all you have to do is buy a new "friction plate" for about $100 from Fidanza,(you cant resuface a 7lbs)

Ill sell the flywheel for $90 shipped in the U.S...

save some one about $100 on a flywheel.
What do u mean by buying the friction plate for about $100 from Fidanza ? Im new about this stuff so i really dont knw what u meant....

Honestly Ill try my best to stick with the current flywheel i have coz im extremely low on budget right now... Do i definitely have to buy the friction plate or i can just stick with the oem one which is on the car right now ? Please spell everything to me don coz i dont know **** abt mechanical stuff bro !
Old 08-24-2007

They have 3-puck versions too. The pucks are the portion things you see there on your disc. Keep in mind the stock FW is a real heavy bitch. It weighs 22 pounds. While this is good for momentum and keeping everything spinning, it also takes more oomph to get it going - think fat kids on a merry-go-round here. The trick is to find a balance between drivability and longevity versus throw-your-***-back-in-the-seat clutch grabbing power and faster revs.

Call around, but you should be able to take the flywheel to any place that resurfaces brake rotors. IIRC, you put it on the same lathe that does the rotors. It's not something any homeslice can just do in his garage with a Black & Decker drill and a wire brush.

Too bad you don't live in the UK, or I'd install it with you.
Old 08-24-2007

You can absolutely stick with the OEM flywheel, just get it re-surfaced when your boy has everything taken apart. They don't put a new surface on it, they just smooth out the existing friction area.

You could always just put the clutch in and not resurface the flywheel, but again, its the same thing as brakes. Would you put brand new EBC Greenstuff brake pads on a set of rotors that hadn't been turned or replaced? By not resurfacing the flywheel, you'll cause premature wear of the everything and probably have a rough break-in period, but that's about it.

Oh, and follow the 500-mile, no more than 4500 RPMs, no burnout, break-in period. Your bank account will thank you for it.
Old 08-24-2007
Banned

You can absolutely stick with the OEM flywheel, just get it re-surfaced when your boy has everything taken apart. They don't put a new surface on it, they just smooth out the existing friction area.

You could always just put the clutch in and not resurface the flywheel, but again, its the same thing as brakes. Would you put brand new EBC Greenstuff brake pads on a set of rotors that hadn't been turned or replaced? By not resurfacing the flywheel, you'll cause premature wear of the everything and probably have a rough break-in period, but that's about it.

Oh, and follow the 500-mile, no more than 4500 RPMs, no burnout, break-in period. Your bank account will thank you for it.
Damn .. I dont have enough words to thank you bro! .. U seriously spelt every single thing out to me ... I think I am going to take some time and get a new flywheel .. After all 11lb FW >>> 22lb OEM FW. Thank you very much for all your information... Now i just need to wait for Dons reply on that FW hes selling...

Foo can u explain me what Don means by friction plate ? Is that something that comes with the flywheel ? or is 2 different things? If its 2 different things, can i just get the flywheel from him and stay with the the OEM friction plate ? Dons last post got me a lil confused there about that friction plate thing ... Thanks in advance ...
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

all i have is an intake. as for the any stage 1 will work i get that part, what about the FW? should i jus stick wit the oem, or get the 11lb FW. i know you said u lik ur exedy setup wit the 11 lb FW, but ur boost arent you? and i'm not sooo.......
Old 08-26-2007

^^^ Dude I don't want to keep jacking mani's thread to answer your questions. I've been running that setup for 8 months on my N/A motor. I haven't even finished installing the turbo yet (be quiet, fellas, I'm working on it).

Hey mani, On Don's Fidanza FW, it sounds like it has a removable friction surface. The part you would normally have re-surfaced on most flywheels is simply replaced. Kind of like a 2-piece brake rotor where you just bolt up a new disc to the hat. You won't be able to mix and match that FW with a stock friction plate, because there isn't a separate stock plate, it's imbedded into the FW.

Don, how much do the plates go for?
Old 08-26-2007
This is Myspace

heyy i get it.. thanks foos..
Old 08-26-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by CIVIC X3
all i have is an intake. as for the any stage 1 will work i get that part, what about the FW? should i jus stick wit the oem, or get the 11lb FW. i know you said u lik ur exedy setup wit the 11 lb FW, but ur boost arent you? and i'm not sooo.......
Well it depends on you. Are u going to do any further mods on the car ? Like plans of exhaust headers and probably Nitrous? If u will be runing nitrous, it will be worth spending the money on replacing the flywheel.
But if ur just gonna stay with the intake ... the FW wont make much of a difference... going with a 10lb lighter FW will just give u 1 more hp. Correct me if im wrong foos

But on the other hand, if u have a messed up clutch and ur gonna replace it then get one of those combos (clutch+flywheel)
Old 08-26-2007
Banned

^^^ Dude I don't want to keep jacking mani's thread to answer your questions. I've been running that setup for 8 months on my N/A motor. I haven't even finished installing the turbo yet (be quiet, fellas, I'm working on it).

Hey mani, On Don's Fidanza FW, it sounds like it has a removable friction surface. The part you would normally have re-surfaced on most flywheels is simply replaced. Kind of like a 2-piece brake rotor where you just bolt up a new disc to the hat. You won't be able to mix and match that FW with a stock friction plate, because there isn't a separate stock plate, it's imbedded into the FW.

Don, how much do the plates go for?
Damn ... U really are a pro man ... u shud start tutoring us all as u really know how to break up things apart and teach em I really appreciate it... Im going to stay with the OEM flywheel right now coz im low on budget but later on I will be getting a decent flywheel...
Old 08-26-2007

Fwahh.....did my Streetlite FW add an HP or two? I have no idea. It sure feels a lot more responsive though - well it did before this turbo install fiasco.

As far as teaching this stuff, I'm nowhere near the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to Civics. I just know what I've picked up and done myself. I'm still learning like everyone else here man! But thanks for the compliment!
Old 08-26-2007
This is Myspace

^^ exactly.. experience is the best teacher.. foos probably wouldnt know half of this stuff if he hadnt taken it on himself. im trying to learn too...i try and pick apart what i can and learn the basics of how stuff works. but thats what school is for..3 more weeks and off to learn the trade!
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

well, i wasnt tryin to jack mani's thread. and second he has question about FW too, so im pretty much stayin on the same subject. its not lik i'm asking about bodykit or something in this *Clutch/FW* thread. anyways thnxs for the answer speed and mani.
Old 08-27-2007
Banned

Na man ... Its arite ... The more information ... The more we learn ;-) After all thats what the forums about
Old 08-27-2007

No biggie either Civic_X3. I don't mind answering anyone's questions, just wanted to respect mani's thread.
Old 08-27-2007

lol okay okay clint pretty much summed everything up but...

The friction plate is the part of the flywheel that actually comes in contact with the clutch it self, since the flywheel im selling was on a four puck compition clutch need less to say its hurting...

You cant re surface a 7lbs flywheel because there wont be much left... lol

Mechanics will tell you that you cant resurface a 7lbs flywheel because they want you to just buy a new one for $100 more...

By buying a new friction plate and my flywheel you save about $100 on a 7lbs flywheel, fidanza is in contract with compition clutches. there partners and when you buy a compition clutch and flywheel you get a fidanza flywheel. So when I need to replace my 4 puck i bought a new friction plate from fidanza... confusing?

PS:flywheels dont add horse power

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 08-27-2007 at 11:55 AM.

Quick Reply: UPS guy Came today :-D