Help with Tails, opinions? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2007   #1
Registered!!

xcrxss is on a distinguished road
Question Help with Tails, opinions?

Hey you guys, one of my first mods when I got my Civic was tails. I got Altezzas, yes stupid me. But uh, I've been looking into this 03 to an 04-05 Tail Conversion (AND I KNOW THERES A SHITLOAD OF THREADS) but I can't find the one that helped me before. I read that you plug everything in just like the 03 tails, but on the 04's theres like a little white plug you don't plug in, it'll just sit in there. Is that true? Someone help me out..heres the tails I'm thinking about doing and get a tint on the chrome part.

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...825/index.html
xcrxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #2
Registered!!

rednek is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help with Tails, opinions?

I'm interested in this as well since I am gonna get those tails for my 02 as well.

Also, check out ebay for those. They're on there for like $110 +s&h
rednek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #3
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough

DO NOT buy the altezzas. Go w/ the 04's. Its simple

You need an exacto knife.

Everything fits fine except for one of the sockets which isnt a big deal. Once you have them to compare you will see what i mean when you look at this diagram. It wont make sense until you have both tails in hand.

cut where the red is.
marcuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #4
Registered!!

bullet02ex will become famous soon enoughbullet02ex will become famous soon enough

^^ good post marcuse, makes sense and will def help them. Please guys don't buy altezza's just by the 04 oem headlights or some nice ukdm!
bullet02ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007   #5
Registered!!

xcrxss is on a distinguished road

Oh perfect, I'll print that thing out, thanks alot man. Yeah I regret buying the altezzas, but that was last year.
xcrxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007   #6
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

01-03 tails have 4 bulbs
04-05 have 3 bulbs
Just disconnect the bulb holder and tuck the wire somewhere if you're gonna go with 04-05 tails. Its a small bulb either size 168 or 194 that goes into the side of the 01-03 tails
EggRollBandit05 is offline   Reply With Quote