Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Finally Figured Out What to Do With My Tails

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light
Finally Figured Out What to Do With My Tails

After tinting them in like 4 different ways and not liking how they looked. I have finally figured out what to do. I DIY Blacked out my altezza tails. I still have to reseal them and put them on the car. but I did some pics with the lens sitting on them.

Last edited by sniperscout; 06-29-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

xcrxss is on a distinguished road
Re: Finally Figured Out What to Do With My Tails

i love those tails, have since i've seen em'.
Old 06-29-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

those look sick. i may rip off your idea, and do that. those are about the only aftermarket tails i like for the 7th gen coupe.
Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

be gentle on the corners when you pry them apart. I broke one of them off. Have to glue it on.
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

EggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enoughEggRollBandit05 will become famous soon enough

looks real good but a little too dark for my taste. If i did this i would try to find a clear black to let some of the chrome shine through.
Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^thx
Old 06-29-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

you have to be shitting me... bro those look sooooooooooo goooooodddd...wow man +1 for you bro. man last week i had a friend that asked me if we could black out his tezzas for his neon...so we tried. put one in the oven for the 5 mins like i did wit my headlights. 2 mins in i open to check..its a blob of plastic. tailights couldnt be the same i thought as headlights. they were molded together. liek plastic on plastic i duno but they dindt come off easy...would u like to write up a quick DIY i wouldnt mind doing this myself!!!
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

this is seriously sick! +1 for a super original idea
Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

i did it the exact same way as the headlights. except i put the oven at 250 instead of 200 like i do when i do peoples headlights

I appreciate the enthusiasm
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

cinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nicecinaibur is just really nice

seriously... nice job... with all the repetitive post we get, it was time for something new... a DIY would be much appreciated... plus... you actually did something cool with altezzas... lol
Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^lol, I feel you with the repetitive posts
I will write one up as best I can since the job is already done. It wont be until I get the lights on the car though
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

sounds cool... as soon as my rims get in, this will definitely be my next project
Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

I thought about putting the lens from the stock tails on these ones so I would have LED stock tails
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

thats also a goooood idew.... i dont know if theyed match up right thugh... sorry for the drunk text
Old 06-29-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

Have you managed to take the stock tails apart?? I hear it's a real bitch to get the lense off without breaking it.
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

kelton is an unknown quantity at this point

Im really looking forward to seeing then on the car! Be sure to post pics when you get them sealed up. Thats a really cool idea. Oh and those tail lights will fit on an 01-03 right???
Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

From putting the two types of tails next to each other they look like they would match up. But because I wasnt 100% sure I didnt want to mess up two sets of tails in a project I wasnt sure was going to work in the first place. The tails will fit an 01-03 but you will have to do some simple rewiring. there is a DIY on here for the rewiring.
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sniperscout
From putting the two types of tails next to each other they look like they would match up. But because I wasnt 100% sure I didnt want to mess up two sets of tails in a project I wasnt sure was going to work in the first place. The tails will fit an 01-03 but you will have to do some simple rewiring. there is a DIY on here for the rewiring.
Alright thanks man..I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my tails. I was thinking of tinting them but I dont want troubles with the cops because the ones in my town are kinda *******s. But this should look bad ***.
Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

^that was another reason why I did this.
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sniperscout
^that was another reason why I did this.
Ya, well I might rip your idea off of you. But a DIY would be awesome like how to take the tails apart and such...Because I dont know if it is different than taking stock tails apart.
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

ok..waiting for the pics on the car..
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

ssgmolina is an unknown quantity at this point

def waiting for the DIY
Old 06-29-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

how hard was it to take apart. i know when i did my headlights when i baked them it didnt take too much. a flat head and two sets of hands to just pry it apart and then the goo would just be splitting. is it the same stuff they seal these up with? did u run into any problems or anything. when u do write up the DIY, these are all good points you should include to make it a little easier for us. i never thought about changing my tails until now... so..let us know!
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

so what happened to the tint on them? did it not last or n e thing because im planning on getting those tails for my coupe they remind me of the mercedes benz tail lights and basically are the best looking tails for the em2 aftermarket wise
Old 06-29-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

looks good man, hats off
Old 06-29-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Yep, thoes are the best looking aftermarket tails for our coupes (aside from the stock ukdm ones), and they look pretty good. The idea of swapping the lenses is pretty damn dope as well- I'd like to see someone do that on this site. Good job on trying something new!
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

ex civic is on a distinguished road

looks really good ..... props
Old 06-29-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

I will try to have them sealed and on the car by this evening
Old 06-29-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

cant wait for pics
Old 06-30-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

I only managed to get one of the tails sealed. I ran into some problems and had to end up removing all of the old glue (pain in the ***, took like 2 hours). The one sealed up nicely though. I will have the other light done by tomorrow/today.

Quick Reply: Finally Figured Out What to Do With My Tails