Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What does 300 dollars of painting materials look like? (Pic inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
What does 300 dollars of painting materials look like? (Pic inside)

Aight, so I said FUG it to House of Kolor.....not because I wanted to, but because it's pretty expensive. Well truthfully it's not as expensive as I thought it would be, but still, some things came up last minute and I had to cut my budget in half.

I just received my order from the Kustom shop/Restoration shop. It's a company that's made paint for something like 30 years. This is the paint that contestants on Monster Garage would use. Anyways, I ordered Fire red pearl. And will most likely paint my car in about a week and a half when I get paid next. check out my img:

Old 06-02-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice
Re: What does 300 dollars of painting materials look like? (Pic inside)

are you doing it yourself?? what all did you get??
Old 06-03-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by So.Ill.EM2
are you doing it yourself?? what all did you get??
Yeah, lets see it's
-Fire red Acrylic Urethane
-Urethane hardner
-Urethane Reducer
-Grey DTM epoxy prime/seal
-Epoxy Prime/seal reducer
-Epoxy Prime/seal Hardener
-Wax/grease remover
-Masking tape
-Measuring cups
-Masking paper
-Filters
-Wooden Stirrers
-Evercoat Liteweight body filler, hardener, and spreaders(Not pictured)

I'm waiting on two HVLP guns shipping to me
That's about it, I still have a lot of work ahead of me.
Old 06-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

are u repainting ur entire car?
Old 06-03-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

wanna paint my car??? hahah ill pay you =]

trying to start a business or somehting?
Old 06-03-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

What guns did you go with and what kind of compressor set-up do you have? Its amazing how quickly paint and all the **** that goes with it can add up.
Old 06-03-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi

same question for me...
Old 06-03-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by metalviper
are u repainting ur entire car?
Yep, Probably in a week or so. Although I don't know what to do with my hood and trunk, I wasn't going to paint them because I want to get the CF replacements, but I don't wanna drive around with ghetto stock hood till then. What do you think I should do?

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi

Ha ha, sure I'll paint it for you, I just won't sleep for a month to get it done! JK, nah but it's tough to get things done with the full time job and things on the side! Well, I've always daydreamed about what it would be like to own a custom shop, but I donno, I love doing it, but I think I might just want to keep it as a hobby. Who knows!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
What guns did you go with and what kind of compressor set-up do you have? Its amazing how quickly paint and all the **** that goes with it can add up.
I have three HVLP guns, well actually I have Six of them, but two of them licked nuts so I threw them out, and the little touch up gun is nice but I don't really use it. The three that I use are: a 2.0mm ATD Leonardo (I can't reccommend this manufacturer enough! Great price, high quality gun.) I also have a Titan 1.4mm and 1.8mm. These are all intermediate/ok/good for price guns, If I was doing this pro, I would definately go with Devilbiss or Finishline. I can't stress how important it is to get a good gun. I've wasted maybe 100 bucks on cheap crap, which doesn't sound like a lot, but I could have put that hundred towards a better gun.
My air compressor is a 12 gallon 1hp craftsman vertical unit. Works great, noisy, but all air compressors are.... never had any problems with PSI or CFM. Yeah it really is amazing how much you can spend easy on a set up like this.... it's more like an investment rather then just a purchase. Now that I've got the air compressor, I also have air ratchets, impact wreches and air hammers. It's tight. You can never have enough tools....Right?! Ha ha