Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Not a Honda but still starts with an [I]H[/I]

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
delta119 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not a Honda but still starts with an [I]H[/I]

A few updated pictures. and info...

206hp and 172tq.

issues why its not higher... vacume leak, no tune, no cooling, 3.4" pulley, 190cc injectors. NX not yet tuned either.

Easily resolved with- 2.75 pulley, 290cc injectors, Icebox water to air cooler, and a Reflashed ECU

new pictures...

Cause this is a Civic forum ill start off with a few Pictures with a Civic in the. (SniperScout’s 7th Gen)

Battle of the H’s

Now For my member profile:

My name is Nick Smith but most people know me as Delta. Im also President of team TNT (Tiburon N Tuscani). Back in 2003 a guy from school gave me a ride in a Tiburon and I fell in love. It was a beautiful car but was always out of my price range. I also saw these weird badges every now and then and I couldn’t figure out what they were. I later learned they were not some exotic car but it was a Tuscani.

In September of 04 I wrecked my 93 Dodge Dakota which I had just put over 6G’s in to repair and make better then new. In my search for a new car I drove past a dealership and saw an Orange Crush 06 Tiburon SE! It was so beautiful on the corner of the lot. I pulled in with my friend and went straight to it. The sales person didn’t even ask first he just brought out the keys for a test drive. I jumped in and was ready to roll. I pulled out the lot and realized I was doing 70 in a 35 with in the first few minutes. Opps… Anyways I got back to the lot and that’s when I noticed the sticker… $22,XXX. My bank only approved me up to $10K. So at that time it wasn’t meant to be.

I got a big redneck truck for $9K and was happy for a while. Almost a year later I got tired of the truck. I had to fix it too many times and I was spending more to repair it then I was paying each month for it. I had started surfing these boards around July on 06. Every time I saw a Tib I regretted not getting the Orange one. The last time it went in the shop I decided I had had enough. I was trading it in. I was going to get me some thing new and some thing I wouldn’t have to spend money on to fix. I called 3 dealerships and 2 had an Orange one! I went to the one where I first saw her… there she was again on the corner.

I walked in and told the sales man “I want the orange one”. Little did I know they had a SRT4 in orange on the lot too. He went to the back and came out with a set of keys. Dodge Keys. I was like “What’s this?” he said that they were for the Orange SRT. And I quickly corrected him saying “I am in no way driving a skittle.” He looked out the window and remembered they had just gotten the Orange Tib the day before. We started on the paper work at 5pm. Around 7pm the Manager came over and said that I couldn’t afford the SE because I didn’t have much credit. He asked me why I had to have that one. I told him because the color is what I have always wanted and I wanted the 6 speed. In the end at 10 pm I had signed the paper. Since that day I have loved my car since. The next day I put over 500 miles on her just driving around DC and the surrounding areas.

My car has had a few problems along the way though. On a drive down some twisties after a Maryland meet I lost traction and put my car in the ditch. After being in the shop for 2 months I get her back and drive to GA where I swerve to miss a cat (since I just got the car back I didn’t want to get cat all over it) and I hit a curve messing up my right front side. Since then though (January 07), everything has been fixed and runs great. The car is coming along and you can’t even tell there were any accidents. I have won 2 shows since. My first show I won second in the Import Other Class out of 3 Tibs and my second win came at HIN DC for First place Import other Mild where I had no competition (unfortunately nobody wanted to help represent the Tibs).

So now that I wasted a lot of your time. I will say Thanks to Team TNT for their support and help with my car. Thanks to all the members of the NT.com. You have helped me learn a lot and I have also gotten a lot of parts form a lot of members. Thanks to the Marine Corps for funding this ridiculously bad habit. And Last of all thanks to God for letting me survive all that I have done and for letting me do so much with what he has given me.

Performance:

Mussa Exhaust
Mussa Front and rear Strut Bars
Ark Rear Sway Bar
Espelir Springs
Kyowa Racing Wheels
Bass Tib Short Throw Shifter
Painted Cold Air Intake

Visual:

Color Storm under car LEDs
35% tint sides
20% tint back
Tinted Tail lights
HIDs
Painted Headlights
Painted Fog Lights
Painted Intake Manifold
Painted Value Cover
Painted Engine Plastic
Vis “Cyber” Carbon Fiber Hood
Two 12’ Eclipse Subwoofers
Sony Xplod 1000w Amp
Custom Tuscani Subwoofer Box
Tuscani Third Brake light Cover
S2000 Short Antenna
FLA USMC Vanity License plate “D3LTA”

Future Plans:

Zefiro GT Kit
Custom Paint
NGM built Long Race Block
Ripp SDS Stage 2
Amp FF Club wheels
BFG G-force tires
Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Setup

That is all now... GO ahead and carry on about your day... thanks for coming...

D3Lta119

Last edited by delta119; 10-30-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-03-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice
Re: Not a Honda but still starts with an [I]H[/I]

haha the first thing that popped into my head was hyundai....looks good never the less
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

it was a toss-up between the civic and a tibby when i bought mine, but i couldn't get used to the huge C-pillars....nice cars though.
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough

awsome color, very nice
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

noVICe is an unknown quantity at this point

nice, i never really liked tibbys, but yours is nice..

i did notice at the end on the future mods that your looking for a paint job... why? after all of the hype and such for wanting the orange crush color
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

Im gonna keep the orange on the front and have a fade to blue sort of thing on the middle to back end. but while its stock the orange is a very limited color and very beautiful.

Thanks for all the comments. I got the Tib cause unlike Civics there arnt that many on the road and even less of them are modded.
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Yeah your Tiburon is tight. If i had to get a Hyundai, it would be a Tiburon.
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point

dang man keep it clean.. i love your tib... my ex has black one.. when she got it she signed onto nt.com.. she loves it its quick... sh's trying to get mods but she stopped cause she really dont know much about cars...
Old 05-03-2007
Pwning Noobs 24/7

DaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really niceDaMadScientist is just really nice

every other Hyundia is
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DaMadScientist
every other Hyundia is
Thats one reason i dont mind the show class its in (Import other- Kia, Daewoo, Hyundai). the only real car of all those that looks good for show is a tiburon. some people mod the Elantra GTs.
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute

nice....very good taste...
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

I wanted a Tibby V6 but they were too new when I got my vic so they were well outta my price range

The car looks sick tho, looks like a lotta work went into it
Old 05-03-2007
Banned

mani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nicemani_is_kool is just really nice

Dont like TIBS ... but ur car is hot man ... see now that the kind of people who have taste in making there cars look good .. THumbs Up to ya man ;-)
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

THank you thanks you.

you liking tibs is like me liking Civics. They just dont interest me. I will give them the respect they deserve but i dont think i would ever own one unless i was using it as a beater car to keep the miles off my tib...
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

yeah i thought about getting a tib over my 04 civic but i need the interior space of the civic. But the tibs are definately good bang for your buck. You should think about supercharging it. I know they respond really well to supercharging.

I think the new hyundai rwd coupe definately has potential. Its thought that the new tiburon will be based off this coupe since its suppose to be rwd. People are thinking it'll be similar to a g35 to 350z relationship.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	md_hiunday_tiburon_fr_watermark.jpg
Views:	1439
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	70844  
Old 05-03-2007
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice

damn if the tiburon looked like that i wouldnt mind one...but i got a new project now anyways...and delta nice tiburon...it looks pretty clean...the funny part is my grandma in korea drives the same car LOL
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

Tibs have come along way. we all hope the next gen tib will be RWD with atleast 250-300 HP from a V6. I plan to SC mine but for now am a little low on $$$. THanks for the comment
Old 05-03-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

here's some more info on the new hyundai rwd car

"Assuming a heavy dose of parts sharing will go on between the BH platform mates, we should expect this RWD coupe to be offered with either a V6 or the new "Tau" V8 that will power the Genesis. The "Tau" is said to be capable of "well over" 300 horsepower and we already know the company's 3.8L V6 is a gem, so Hyundai's forthcoming coupe has plenty of powerplant potential. Reportedly, however, none of the BH cars will be offered with a true manual transmission. Instead, we should expect some sort of manually controlled automatics.

Considering that a Genesis equipped with a V6 is rumored to carry a price tag below $30,000, we're curious to know which other RWD coupes you think will be the biggest competition for this car"

you guys can read more about the car here.

http://www.autoblog.com/page/6/

The 3.8L V6 there talking about currently powers the AZera and gives a around 260hp.

They might move the tiburon up market and make it a $24-26k rwd with a v6 from the azera. Then have a $28-30k g35 fighter as there more luxury rwd coupe. Only crapping thing is that there not going to be a real manual, but there going to go with some kind of duel clutch thing like the new evo.

The genesis is suppose to be hyundai's luxury rwd sedan.
Old 05-03-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Who ever took most of those pictures is a damn good photographer.
Old 05-03-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

man that car is sick, i always thought that was a custom paint too
Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

yeah all that info has passed through our board a few times now. most of us think its either retarded or hope that they kill the tib before they make it a electronic manual. Three petals on the floor or itsa no go... that and the price range... yeah **** that!

And Philip your pictures suck it was the car that made them good...

I wish that was a custom paint thats what alot of ppl think. i always get asked how much the paint cost then i tell them it was stock and they go into shock!
Old 05-04-2007
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by delta119
And Philip your pictures suck it was the car that made them good...
Well i am sure glad we had a nice car to offset my terrible photography
Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

that and the weather was beautiful! perfect skies to really bring out the color... (yeah ok right....)
Old 05-04-2007
Registered!!

devious05 is an unknown quantity at this point

THE CAR LOOKS GOOD EXCEPT FOR THE UNDER GLOW :
Old 05-08-2007
Registered!!

just for night shows. and for real it looks good cause i got it doing a black out strobe effect up through the engine and under.
Old 10-28-2008
Registered!!

wow... forgot about theses boards... guess i need to update this... maybe tonight ill post new pictures!
Old 10-28-2008
Registered!!

from you sig, it looks like you finally go around to supercharging it. how much power you making??
Old 10-28-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

i think he told me 215hp/172tq...his new setup looks bad ***
Old 10-28-2008
Registered!!

206hp and 172tq.

issues why its not higher... vacume leak, no tune, no cooling, 3.4" pulley, 190cc injectors. NX not yet tuned either.

Easily resolved with- 2.75 pulley, 290cc injectors, Icebox water to air cooler, and a Reflashed ECU

new pictures...

Last edited by delta119; 10-28-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC

removed the orange off the foglights?

i liked the old wheels better....and hood

i still want to do the LEDs in the gills

Quick Reply: Not a Honda but still starts with an [I]H[/I]