Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

ok, help me deside, k swap or 8th gen si?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s.snk3 is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, help me deside, k swap or 8th gen si?

as the title says, i dont know what to do,either k swap or trade my vic for a new si.

here is the thing,my car is not fully paid(not even close) and it only has 33k miles.now why cant i deside?? i cant do the swap myself since i dont have a garage or time.i dont know anybody or any place that can do it for me.

tho the si has grown on me, i like the looks better of my vic(em2),plus the si are very buggy as of now from what i've read in 8thcivic,another thing is that my car is allready modd the way i want it(well almost),im talking about the looks,anyway let me hear it ppl.
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

03TxCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ok, help me deside, k swap or 8th gen si?

Do you have another vehicle to drive while your car is under the wrench? I do believe these swaps take time and lots of money. I would just work on the suspension and have some fun in the twisties. But if you really need an answer, I would take some time to network with some people in your area and find a shop that is capable of doing a good swap.
Old 04-29-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

well i would swap since i have an EMII. i love my car..except the motor. if you buy a new car, you got payments..higher insurance prolly, and you have to begin modding the exterior, suspension etc.. if your car doesnt have those already, then get a 8thgen... but if you goto an SI, get teh 4 door.. they look better imo!
Old 04-29-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

Si coupe FTW lol

but another kswapped member would be pretty ncie
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

cato1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

New Civic SI, IMO
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

Syke Fu will become famous soon enough

Swap. I think all the new civics and Si's look like crap.
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light

The sedan SI looks better than the coupe, but our cars look better than both of them. Swap!!!
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough

i wud get the SI caz if u get in a wreck with a swap then ur kinda screwed
Old 04-29-2007
Boredom causes changes ;)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Karumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura aboutKarumba has a spectacular aura about

Keep your car, pay it off, save your money, and then buy a better car - not any civic
Old 04-29-2007
wut y0u kn0w ab0ut them teXas b0ys...

MidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of lightMidnightCivic is a glorious beacon of light

If you have the money which sounds like you don't get the new Si.

8thgen > K-swap
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

acchione is on a distinguished road

he presented 2 options..."not any civic" was not one of them.

Si all the way.
Old 04-29-2007
ley
Registered!!

ley is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this is coming from a guy that went from an EM2 to an Si...

GET THE FREAKING SI NOW
Old 04-29-2007
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

it seems that, with everyone that gets a swap, the fun lasts a few months before they realize they should have just gotten a better car. 8-10k + 6-8k on a swap is a lot of money on a civic. not to mention you have payments left... plus the car only has 33k miles on it... think about not swapping it and riding another 100k+ miles in your car without having to pay any money other than payments a routine maintenance... for the average person that's about 4-5 years
Old 04-29-2007
Registered!!

03TxCivic: i do have another car that i can drive.i dont think that i shop will take longer than a month to do a swap and thats no bad at all.

burke420:i feel the same way thats why i want to swap it and yeah 4 door looks waaay better than coupe.

LT2004ever: 4 door looks better

ley: i read your tread in honda tech about the crash of your old vic ,sorry man but at least you got a si now so it work out at the end.

modoman: very good point,i might have to think about this...

everyone else, thanks for the reply keep em coming so i can finally deside.
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice

blue 4door si!!
or an s2k FTW!! hehe
Old 04-30-2007
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute

the new si will be less of a headache, i think. i really like the 8th gens, both coupe and sedan. if i was to get an si coupe, tho, i'd order it without the wing, if possible. that's the one thing i really don't like about the coupe.
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

cato1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, don't know what kind of enthusiast you are, but if you're into the JDM thing then you'll want to get the SI sedan... apparently the coupe SI isn't done in Japan so you can't truly convert the coupe to JDM. You may want to verify that (I have a 7th gen so I've never bothered to verify), but I've had several of the "8th geners" in the area tell me the same thing... Just an FYI in case that's what you're thinking.

Old 04-30-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

keep the civic and dont get a swap. idk where you people drive that you need such a fast car. around here i just rev to 4k rpms and put 10 cars on traffic. rev to 5k+ and im gone. and thats with 90whp
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

EMK20a2 will become famous soon enoughEMK20a2 will become famous soon enough

I love my swap and it is faster than a new SI. It also is a ton better for what I do with it (autox/road race). The only thing that the SI has going for it is that is has an LSD. But......being as that you cannot DIY I would say go with the SI, because for what a shop will charge you to do the swap + what the swap costs to DO IT RIGHT (i.e. Kpro, etc.) it would be over 10K. Personally depending on what you REALLY want in a car I would get an STI if you don't have a DD and need rear seats or a used C5 FRC vett if you have a DD and/or don't care about rear seats. Don't get me wrong I love my swap, but I did it all myself and spent serious time finding the right deals. I also had the suspension where I thought I wanted it.

Last edited by EMK20a2; 04-30-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

Got Boost? is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the k swap and the si but save your money save it so you can buy everything at once plus it doesnt seem like u would be dedicated enough to sit down and do the swap im assuming... Im really into cars and all my friends are too so u have to really be into the swap to do it u know its time consuming and a lot of money. Just do what you think is best!!
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

cato1978:i dont go by neither usdm or jdm.

gearbox: i want to drag race my vic,thats why i would like to do the swap.

EMK20a2:true,true.

Got Boost?:its not that i would not do it myself, is that i dont have the time or space to do it.

edit:another thing,whatever i decide,i wont be doing it untill the end of the year/beginning of next.

Last edited by s.snk3; 04-30-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-30-2007
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gearbox
keep the civic and dont get a swap. idk where you people drive that you need such a fast car. around here i just rev to 4k rpms and put 10 cars on traffic. rev to 5k+ and im gone. and thats with 90whp
Cuz youre old and not a street tuner.......
Old 04-30-2007
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dru106
Cuz youre old and not a street tuner.......

i would get the new SI
Old 05-01-2007
Registered!!

$killer05coupe will become famous soon enough$killer05coupe will become famous soon enough

I'd wait for the upcoming Mugen equipped four door civic. I think this one would actually increase it's value over time. But i dont care, ill drive that thing around!
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox

not all of us live in places where people only ride bicycles with training wheels.

Also, passing up cars in traffic while you're in the car pool lane does not count for putting 10 cars on them.

Looks like all those times you spent fixing up your lights has finally caught up to your sense of logic of the real world.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point

Swap. I think all the new civics and Si's look like crap.
HEY, I resent that remark!!! LOL!.

It's up to you bro!. I traded up my 2002 Ex (EMII) for an 07 Si Coupe and I LOVE IT!. Eventhough last Thursday, someone shot my trunk lid with a BB gun shot. looks like just 1 shot but still. i'm SO SO SO DEPRESSED!

Other then that, I absolutely LOVE my new Si and I'm glad I bought it. I just wish I could find out who did that to my baby
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

if you're willing to dishout 30K or even 30+K, than go for the Mugen!. personally, i would NOT buy a civic that costs that much!. I'd spend that 30K on an EVO or a turboed car.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

Blkfilipina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnold
HEY, I resent that remark!!! LOL!.

It's up to you bro!. I traded up my 2002 Ex (EMII) for an 07 Si Coupe and I LOVE IT!. Eventhough last Thursday, someone shot my trunk lid with a BB gun shot. looks like just 1 shot but still. i'm SO SO SO DEPRESSED!

Other then that, I absolutely LOVE my new Si and I'm glad I bought it. I just wish I could find out who did that to my baby
I second that emotion! I bought a new black Si coupe and I love the heck out of it. It's the best car I ever got. And to dude who is trying to make up his mind, if you get a new 07 Si like we did, you won't regret it.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

hell yeah!. It's a HUGE step up from my stock EMII i had. loved my old 02 Ex but the new Si is LOVELY to drive in EVERYWAY!. i've ONLY got 1050 miles on it so it's still going through it's "breaking in stage". but when it's ready for RPM's higher than 4 or 4.5 . than IT'S GO TIME!

the BB gunshot will be fixed and my car will be back to normal but it still sucks that it happen ALL WHILE I WAS AT WORK TOO! .

Just means that now i have to dishout 2 or 300 hundred dollars (could be WAY cheaper than that) for this fix. i want a REALLY good pro to handle it. i don't want it to be reconized or noticeable at all!. GOD MAN!, sucks ***!.

Here's my baby! (taken the first week or weekend that i got the car)

Here's the Vandalized damage to my baby

^ YEAH I KNOW, F'ING SUCKS! the car is ONLY 2 months old!
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

i say listen to gearbox. keep the civic, dont do a swap and just pay off your car. Having negative equity on the car rolling over to the new car sux. Plus by the time you pay off your car, i bet the new Si will have a mid cycle refresh with the 05-06 rsx Type S motor. So they'll up the power from 197 to 210 and it'll probably look better as well.

Quick Reply: ok, help me deside, k swap or 8th gen si?