Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

ok, help me deside, k swap or 8th gen si?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ok, help me deside, k swap or 8th gen si?

I think the ONLY civic that will have 210 HP will be the Type-R. don't know if that'll EVER hit the US but i think it'll have that much HP. i believe that they have pretty huge plans for the civic. the size and look of the new civics are hard to get use too but you end up getting it down and understand them. the new Si is LOADED with stuff in it. it's HELLA comfy too!
Old 05-02-2007
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute

What year is your car? You say you owe alot, but what is alot? If you owe more then you bought it for, then you'd be crazy to trade it in. Because like TemjinX2 said, negative equity will pwn you.
I personally like the look of the em2 over the new Si.
I don't know about your area, but where I live you might see 2 or 3 modded em2's and 5million modded Si's. I'm more about uniqueness and rarity. Although Kswaps are becoming more and more popular, how often do YOU see a Kswapped em2?
On the other hand buying an Si would save time and the hassle of the swap.
Its a iffy situation and there alot things you need to take into consideration before making your decision.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

aznprid214 has a spectacular aura aboutaznprid214 has a spectacular aura about

you can look at it this way. I was thinking about trading my vic in and either getting the rsx-type s or new si. the total cost is goin to run about what.. 25kish? i already spent 18 on mine right now, (04ex) so its kinda the same. If i trade it in i'll lose money and spend more for the new car. Plus like they said, insurance and all that good stuff. I say get the swap, pretty much same power and more unique-ness. then do some rsx leather seat swaps and you'll be feeling luxurious (if i made up words... oh well )
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Johnold
I think the ONLY civic that will have 210 HP will be the Type-R. don't know if that'll EVER hit the US but i think it'll have that much HP. i believe that they have pretty huge plans for the civic. the size and look of the new civics are hard to get use too but you end up getting it down and understand them. the new Si is LOADED with stuff in it. it's HELLA comfy too!

civic type R is 222hp

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=120576

Honda usually always tweaks the models when they go through a refresh. I can see them dropping in a k20z1 for the refresh.
Old 05-02-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice

Originally Posted by SEN_ONE
The sedan SI looks better than the coupe, but our cars look better than both of them. Swap!!!
I agree totaly
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point

civic type R is 222hp
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

s.snk3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suzy Q
What year is your car? You say you owe alot, but what is alot? If you owe more then you bought it for, then you'd be crazy to trade it in. Because like TemjinX2 said, negative equity will pwn you.
I personally like the look of the em2 over the new Si.
I don't know about your area, but where I live you might see 2 or 3 modded em2's and 5million modded Si's. I'm more about uniqueness and rarity. Although Kswaps are becoming more and more popular, how often do YOU see a Kswapped em2?
On the other hand buying an Si would save time and the hassle of the swap.
Its a iffy situation and there alot things you need to take into consideration before making your decision.
my car is 03,and no i dont owe more that i got it for...i agree with every single word you said and thats why my indecision. but i just found someone that can do the swap and for real cheap and im going to test drive a si next week so i think this 2 things might help my decision.
Old 05-02-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough0H3ebpEM2 will become famous soon enough

all depends on your needs/your taste. if you have another car while your civic is down then you could swap, otherwise your better off getting the SI