Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Good price but is it good stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Good price but is it good stuff?

Any thoughts on this cat back system?

I like the looks and the price is good shipped,
but is it cheep junk?

http://truehonda.com/inventory.php?a...tdetail&id=114
Old 04-08-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Good price but is it good stuff?

pretty shitty description, not the right picture... truehonda has been around for a while, but I've never bought anything from them. Search up some reviews and then decide.
Old 04-08-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TRIZ
pretty shitty description, not the right picture... truehonda has been around for a while, but I've never bought anything from them. Search up some reviews and then decide.
If thats not the right picture then thats ****ed up on them for false advertisment.

Yea I agree description is so shitty it makes you wonder.

I think I will steer clear if thats the case
Old 04-08-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

hp is a name brand but i wouldnt say its a good exhaust. most of their stuff doesnt even fit right.
Old 04-08-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

A lot of the stuff you buy online doesnt have the correct picture. And I dont think you could get them for false advertisment. I'm sure if you dig around, you'll find their pictures are only representive of the product they are selling.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

ryangt is an unknown quantity at this point

why risk it? Dont go cheap and you wont have problems. Buy a quality product and youll always be happy. Youll be pissed if you get a crappy part so why not just save a little and get a better exhaust. Youll be happier in the long run.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

filipinoguy05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea they have a little disclaimer in the tiniest font at the bottom of the page usually about how the product may not actually look like what the picture shows, it's kinda b/s cuz it makes it legal if they put it somewhere on the page.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

basically, dont buy off ebay if you want parts. Unless you know exactly what your getting.
How many auctions did you see where it says GREDDY all huge then when you open it it says GREDDY style. Ebay sellers are shady alot of the time, and its easy to walk into a trap. Buy from a reputable seller.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough

i bought alot of stuff from truehonda. just aim him and ask him questions or call him.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

Truehonda is a good bunch of guys, they saved me alot of money before and really know how to help people out. I strongly reccomend them.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

bakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the roughbakertime is a jewel in the rough

You can get a magnaflow off of ebay (vender: exhaustman) for $350 shipped.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

the actual magnaflow is the exhaust id reccomend I gain 9 hp at the wheels with it.
Old 04-08-2007

Originally Posted by ryangt
the actual magnaflow is the exhaust id reccomend I gain 9 hp at the wheels with it.
Yea the Ebay one must be a cheep knockoff at that price.

9 Hp is that what I can expect on a bone stock LX.

Seems like a lot of HP did you confirm it on a dyno?
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough

9 HP , i want dyno ! heh.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

the REAL magnaflow catback WILL put down 9hp on the EX. Im not sure on the LX. I got my magnaflow about a year and a half ago, so they were costing a bit more then. Just go straight to the magnaflow website, they have decent prices and you know they are real.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by marcuse
9 HP , i want dyno ! heh.

contact magnaflow for that if your soooooo interested. I dont have the time nor the inclination to " prove" anything to people on here.
Old 04-08-2007
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute

ha 9hp....yea ok
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by gearbox
hp is a name brand but i wouldnt say its a good exhaust. most of their stuff doesnt even fit right.
This is sooo true. I purchased the HP header and Cat eliminator pipe. It was a good quality piece that does not fit correctly. After about a month or two I went back stock header. No matter how cheap it was, if it is not on the car it was a waste of money.

I have purchased a couple of thousand dollars worth of stuff from Eddie at TRUEHONDA.COM and this was the only piece I regret.

Hope this helps..
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i've bought quite a few things from Eddie as well. good guy and he's willing to work with you if you don't like what you see on the site. hit him up on AIM or just call, he'll square it up.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

i heard the gains where very good on the hp header and cat eliminator pipe but you have to do something special to get it to fit right. like remove a motor mount crank the engine up and then install the header then put it back in. something like that.there are threads on it. it was up for argument on being the best gain in hp but it lost torque ( the longer header). magnaflow seems to be the most common liked by people on here tone and performance wise. it is a little expensive but you could say you get what you pay for. if you have the money go for the magnaflow but otherwise you can true out the hp exhaust or wait and get a used magnaflow. like they said i would trust truehonda for carrying a good product. thats my .02

Last edited by civic-driver; 04-08-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2007

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
This is sooo true. I purchased the HP header and Cat eliminator pipe. It was a good quality piece that does not fit correctly. After about a month or two I went back stock header. No matter how cheap it was, if it is not on the car it was a waste of money.

I have purchased a couple of thousand dollars worth of stuff from Eddie at TRUEHONDA.COM and this was the only piece I regret.

Hope this helps..

It helps a great deal thanks.

I like the web site at True Honda well laid out and easy to navigate.
Old 04-08-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

why not something like this:
http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...oducts_id=1348

talk to my boy tai he will hook you up, just tell him Glen sent you.
Old 04-08-2007

Originally Posted by TransformedBG

I will keep this one in mind thanks.

But it looks like I might be dropping 100 on a CFH that one of the members has for sale here, just too good a deal to pass up.

So the cat-back is on hold for a while.
Old 04-08-2007

Originally Posted by TransformedBG

I will keep this one in mind thanks.

But it looks like I might be dropping 100 on a CFH that Ryangt has for sale here,(if i'm lucky right ryangt) just too good a deal to pass up.

So the cat-back is on hold for a while.

Last edited by MURDOCK; 04-08-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-08-2007

I'm tired
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Hey civic-driver, I have done all the modifications needed for it to fit correctly. I cut a large portion out of my subframe, changed the front motor mount out for a stiffer and put in washers to push the engine back a little. Driving down the road it was fine, soon as you hit the brakes just a little the engine moves forward and the damn header rattles like a SOB. So a header, cat eliminator, o2 sim box, motor mount, cut subframe, time, time again. The pipes that made up the header where not bent to spec and it did not fit no mater how hard I tried to make it. So I went back to my OEM. If you plan on tracking your car only then I highly recomend the HP, if not then stay away. (If your read this Eddie, Sorry. Just my .02. I will do business again.)
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

I have had my Magnaflow on my LX since May 05. Fit perfectly and still holding up perfectly fine after 2 years, even with the heavy *** snow this year.
I say just find a place to get the Magnaflow cat-back, I paid $380 for it shipped, so it should be around there. Just make sure the place where you buy it has the same model number as Magnaflows sight.
Old 04-08-2007
Registered!!

I have an HP I will sell you. Cheap!!! LOL, no realy, I will sell it cheap.
Old 04-08-2007

Thank you all for your help and Happy Easter.