Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Civic's Thread-New Pics 3/31-Mini Photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008
video game guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shadowsonic will become famous soon enoughshadowsonic will become famous soon enough
Re: Progression of my civic from 01-current

What front bumper was that? and what lip kit did you end up with? where did you get it?
Old 01-25-2008
Registered!!

HondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andyman97
...I want to break 370 on pump gas.

Have you used anything besides pump gas, at the track or anything? If so, how much of a difference did you think it made? It would be cool to see a dyno of your car on race gas...just a thought. Honestly I would have never believed anyone if they said that there goal was 300+ whp on a SOHC engine... just shows how much I know...serious props for all the work done yourself and not just dumping it off at a shop to do all the work.

I also second the notion that it looks better now than when you first did it in 01ish.

This has probably been covered in another forum, so if it has then direct me to the thread, but what are the advantages of the d16y8 style manifolds compared to our top mounts? Until I got my EM2 I had never seen an intake manifold point to the sky. Would it be worth it to do it to a non-vtec (possibly vtec in the future) non-modded D17? Thanks all for the answers...sorry for still being a noob, just trying to learn.
Old 01-25-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

It was a fiberglass "viper" front bumper with xenon sides and rear. My lip kit is now all OEM non-aero with a WW G5 front lip (soon to be cf). Pieced the kits together from here and there.

Never used race fuel. Always been 93 octane. The fuel itself doesn't make more power. Higher octane fuels allow you to run leaner afr's without detonation and that is what makes more power. I imagine with race fuel I could pick up 25-30 whp, putting me right over the 400 mark at that boost level. Of course, if I picked up the boost to, say, 25 psi, it would maybe be in the mid 400 range.

The y8 manifold is better because its metal and has better flow design. That's a main reason the y8 motor made more power, it was not a vtec-e motor (lean burn) like the d17 is. It made more power and took to power adders better as well. The location of the tb isn't necessarily as important as the plenum size, shape and runner size and locations. It's all about flow.
Old 01-25-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

Looks good and thats aton of stuff under the hood. Nice job!

Wagner
Old 01-25-2008
You Stay Classy, San Diego

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

i love ur car. I even like that original bodykit.
Old 01-26-2008
video game guru

shadowsonic will become famous soon enoughshadowsonic will become famous soon enough

Do you know if that front bumper exists in urethane?
Old 01-26-2008
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shadowsonic
Do you know if that front bumper exists in urethane?
Viper bumper is only in fiberglass

http://www.grounddynamics.com/Templa...ubFolderId=337
Old 01-28-2008
video game guru

How is it ordering from GroundDynamics? Good or bad?
Old 02-10-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who grounddynamics is. Update to first post. Got some semi-current pics and a 300 hp vid as well. Expect some new pics next weekend.
Old 02-10-2008
Type-Race

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough

Andy Im suprised I never bumped in to you...thats King Farms in the pics?
Old 02-10-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah man. Where are you at?
Old 02-10-2008

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andyman97
Yeah man. Where are you at?
He lives with those hot girls across the way
Old 02-10-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

i wish i lived up by rockville with all you cool kids. i live like an hour and half away
Old 02-11-2008
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

there are some "cool" kids in VA too ya know...
Old 02-11-2008

Originally Posted by Curiouz_G
there are some "cool" kids in VA too ya know...
Not much in VA besides strict car inspections, republicans, and sodomy laws.
Old 02-11-2008
Registered!!

ricanswt is on a distinguished road

Andyman, Would you happen to have more pics of how your exhaust was routed?
Old 02-12-2008
Turbo Guru

No. But its exactly like stock. Goes right over the axle.
Old 02-12-2008
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

That actually looks pretty good. Props to you.
Old 02-15-2008
Turbo Guru

Re: My Civic's Thread-New paint is freakin sweet!

New paint from the shop, check 1st post.
Old 02-15-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

Hm, im not seeing it. Did you paint it silver again? is it that very first picture?
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

WgnrNick will become famous soon enoughWgnrNick will become famous soon enough

The pics look the same to me... Repost some new pics?

Wagner
Old 02-15-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

did you go back to the stock bumper?

it looks like the only new pic is the thumbnail attached to the first post correct. if so, it looks good.
Old 02-15-2008
Turbo Guru

Lol, check the thumbnail in the first post. Its a pick of a brand new radiator support and brand new front bumper. I'll get some more pics tomorrow prolly and post em up.
Old 02-16-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i was right. it does look good though. i have always been a fan of the stock look on the 7thgen, i think it is a good looking car, just a little (i mean a lot here) under powered. of course yours is no joke andy -- looks and the ***** to back it up.
Old 02-16-2008
Turbo Guru

Ok, check bottom of first post for new pics.
Old 02-16-2008
Turbo Guru

Oh wow, looks like we have a homo troll. Time for some negative reppin.
Old 02-16-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

new paint owns. its gonna look so good when its done. someday i wanna repaint mine and have all the dents taken out.
Old 02-16-2008
Registered!!

SearchLight is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a silver 7th gen too

your car is really nice man...good luck with the future
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

andy, how do you have your intercooler piping routed? is it routed behind or on bottom of the intercooler, going back to where ever its going.... i'm talking about the driver's side. thanks very much! oh yea the car's looking really good andy!!!!
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about

all that out of a d17? very impressive!

Quick Reply: My Civic's Thread-New Pics 3/31-Mini Photoshoot