Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Dash Kits (yea i searched)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
btw, I cant remember the last time I got quoted so much! haha. good stuff!!
Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondoer27 will become famous soon enoughhondoer27 will become famous soon enough
That color is a bit out there but to each his own...... I guess
Old 02-01-2007
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LT2004ever
guys im not looking for brushed aluminum, cf or anything like that, so thanks for the links and all but its not needed.. I was trying to run it with my stock color, but it seems immma just have to paint the stuff myself. Trying to do the black and green
To be honest, I bought the Rvinyl kit and after half an hour of trying to install it and get it perfect, I got pissed off, quit and just got it painted.
Old 02-01-2007

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
check out Quality Dash Kits including Wood Dash Kits, Carbon Fiber Dash Kits & Aluminum Dash Trim Kits if you want a dash kit. The price a little higher but the quality is great, i got red and black cf from them. They will also send you samples if you pay like 1.50 for shipping. Otherwise you can purchase your clover green paint and paint the peices yourself by having it put in a spray can or have a body shop do it, thats really the only way it will match perfectly.
Old 02-01-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Originally Posted by soonercivic
check out Quality Dash Kits including Wood Dash Kits, Carbon Fiber Dash Kits & Aluminum Dash Trim Kits if you want a dash kit. The price a little higher but the quality is great, i got red and black cf from them. They will also send you samples if you pay like 1.50 for shipping. Otherwise you can purchase your clover green paint and paint the peices yourself by having it put in a spray can or have a body shop do it, thats really the only way it will match perfectly.
As for the kits on there, the only ones that is semi green to match meh car is the Real Green & Black CF. As for the pieces, are they just a bunch of stickers????

Originally Posted by TRIZ
dude, you should do what I did then... I changed my door panel inserts and headliner to a red microfiber. I can take a pic in the afternoon if you want. Let me know... no way i'd dye my fabric and paint my dash and ****...
Pictures would be greatly appreciated! like did u just buy some bulk microfiber and cut it yourself??
Old 02-01-2007
Registered!!

01civichfp is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i agree with everyone else, your best bet is to get this professionally done, if you want some green on the interior. Cause that's some custom **** right there.

As for the dash kits... they are all essentially stickers. It's the quality you are looking for... I bought a wood grain dash kit for my moms SUV, it's a piece of cake, idk why so many guys have had problems. First of all it's supposed to come with instructions lol, but all you do is make sure the surface is dry, you apply the 3m lubrication for it to stick on and then you peal off the back of the piece (it's a 3m double sided tape) then yo apply the piece and apply pressure to the piece so that it stays on. It's not hard, it took me about 2 hours to do a 24 piece job, and that's only cuz i wanted perfection.

oh and thanks for the rep on the ebay quote but i mean it's true, i've seen so many people make fun of the whole im buyin this on ebay, what do you think? then everyone says helll no! if you read what your buying, know that who your buying it from has a good reputation then you shouldnt have a problem. You pay for what you get. If you read and it's exactly what you want there shouldnt be a problem. If you know how to read then you shouldnt have a problem with ebay.

i hope this helped. dont be affraid of ebay tho, just make sure your gonna get some good quality stuff, cuz if it doesnt say it's good quality... it prob. isnt...

i mean i got my kyb struts & eibach springs on ebay for 600 shipped... shiiiiit tell me that aint a good deal!? and they are perfect. they came brand new in their boxes, labels where they were supposed to be. I saved at least 4 or 5 hundred dollars on that deal.

-Joe
01' Civic HFP
Old 02-01-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
The reason some of you are having trouble with these kits sticking is because you probably didnt clean your dash pieces prior to putting these pieces on. You'll need more than a simple wipe down to get rid of the grease you put on from using meguiars or armor all plastic/interior protectants.
Old 02-01-2007

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
The kit I have is adhesive backed, its not total replacement parts. However it is real carbon fiber and is actually fairly thick. I had some pictures on here in my gallery before this stupid site changed.
Old 02-01-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
hmmm.... now i have a predicament.
Old 02-01-2007
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
alright, I was able to snap some this morning- actually found a place with some sun! Anyways, I havent had a chance to reinstal the map lights, dome light, oh **** handle, or the coat hanger, oh and the visors- havent had a time to finish thoes up. Anyways, heres some pics I got while my battery was dying

let me know what you think

oh, the headliner is of course microfiber, I didnt brush it in one direction so thats why it looks like a chetah pattern or whatever.
Old 02-01-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

very nice, see that sounds like a winner. but i have to work around my sun roof... gah.. oh and as for the blue tint in the upper front window, i take it u did that? cause my car doesnt have it, and im like ticked. That looks really clean tho

i'd rep u but, u were the last person i repped. lol
Old 02-02-2007
Premium Member

Thats weird, i didnt get any rep from you? Its fine, dont worry about it.

Anyways, the blue tint was there. Bought the car used so maybe they did it, although I think it comes stock on an em2. its a 2001.

Anyways, ummm... yeah man, its real nice to have that done. I get complements from everyone who gets in my car now. I wanted to add some spice to the interior but not go overboard... I dont want to paint it because that will just be way too much. I thought about painting the trim around the gauges, and between the gauges and the steering wheel, but I didnt think it would look that good.

Anyways, if your interested I can point you in the direction of exactly how to do everything i've done in there. Its super clean eh?
Old 02-02-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

I have a 01 Ex, and i didnt get a tint... but then again i bought my car used as well.... darn!

But yeah im interested, so point me in the right direction please

Very clean
Old 02-02-2007
Premium Member

sounds like you might have a replacement windshield... never know though I'm just talking from my imagination.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...headliner.html
heres a developing thread that couldnt have missed because it was continually in the new post section for more then the past month!! No problem though, I can see why you wouldnt want to read through 10 pages of posts! I'm weird and read EVERY post before I comment on anything, its rediculous.
sorry for the typos, i'm madd tired- 2:30am i'm hitting my pillow, peace!

oh, lemme know if u have any questions... yadayada you know the dril
Old 02-02-2007

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LT2004ever
very nice, see that sounds like a winner. but i have to work around my sun roof... gah.. oh and as for the blue tint in the upper front window, i take it u did that? cause my car doesnt have it, and im like ticked. That looks really clean tho

i'd rep u but, u were the last person i repped. lol
I'm in the process of getting my headliner done right now too. I've got a moonroof too. As soon as I get my car back from the shop I'll show you pix so you can see how it would look with the headliner, and I've also got my pieces candy painted so you can see both worlds.
Old 02-02-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Originally Posted by notoriouspyro
I'm in the process of getting my headliner done right now too. I've got a moonroof too. As soon as I get my car back from the shop I'll show you pix so you can see how it would look with the headliner, and I've also got my pieces candy painted so you can see both worlds.
ok cool, thanx for your help
Old 02-02-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

oh, lemme know if u have any questions... yadayada you know the dril
About the custom headliner, yea i just remebered it last night, and read through it all, so now im pretty intent on doing that. oh and btw where did u buy your microfiber?
Old 02-02-2007

You can go to most fabric shops to pick the material up. I'd recommend a wholesale shop as opposed to like Johan's(sp) fabric or anything like that cuz they're not going to have the same selection. I picked up mine at a wholesale fabric shop down here. If you don't have one in your area, I'll check for you down here. They provide free samples. If you can tell me the type of material you are looking for, I'll try to go, and mail you the samples.
Old 02-02-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

You can go to most fabric shops to pick the material up. I'd recommend a wholesale shop as opposed to like Johan's(sp) fabric or anything like that cuz they're not going to have the same selection. I picked up mine at a wholesale fabric shop down here. If you don't have one in your area, I'll check for you down here. They provide free samples. If you can tell me the type of material you are looking for, I'll try to go, and mail you the samples.
omg are you serious....? Well i think imma do the green microfiber. and try to match my G95P clover green color. but before u help me out, let me go ahead and drive around to see if i can find a place or two.

also how much did it all run you?
Old 02-02-2007
Premium Member

Yeah man, joanns is where I went. Its a shop with way too many women in it, you really cant miss it, ha. When you walk in, just right off the bat ask where the microfiber it, dont bother looking around because you'll feel alienated. But yeah, as far as price, I think i posted the price in the headliner thread. basically measure your headliner, and add three inches at the front and the back and thats all you really need. I got more so i could do some testing on the fabric so I wouldnt end up with problems and mess up the actual piece and have it be trash. The visors are tricky, I still havent finished them- they are back at home anyways and i'm a good 2hrs away at college so i'm kept plenty busy anyways. To be honest though, it is a really good idea to do your door inserts first. I wrote a DIY on it in the headliner thread. If you do your inserts and they look shitty, dont even bother with your headliner because its a much bigger project. Oh, and I think I got my fabric 60% off because of the holidays.. but whatevers. thoes shops have coupons and stuff if you look in the paper. Also, when I was in downtown portland I came across a specialty fabric store and hit it up. They had a bunch of different and way more interesting fabrics then joanns.

anyways, do your thing!

and let me know if they ask you what your using the fabric for... I have a theory.
Old 02-02-2007
Premium Member

came across a pic for ya. Michalo187's vic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...7/Thebeast.jpg
Old 02-03-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

came across a pic for ya. Michalo187's vic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...7/Thebeast.jpg
yeah ive seen that one in the clover green civics thread. and i was just in awe cause it had never hit me to be able to change the interior without having a professional do it...
Old 02-03-2007
Premium Member

yeap, you can do anything yourself, you dont need to pay a professional. You just gotta figure out how to do it! Everyones getting leather seats done... why not just learn how to do it yourself? I mean cummon, 1,000 to get em wraped by someone else... or maybe cost you like 1100 for your first set of seats, and then just material costs afterwards.... doesnt that make more sence then having someone else do it? What about green leather seats? Or black leather, or the existing tan color leather seats, with green stiching.. that'd look pretty dope!
Old 02-03-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
vinyl will never stick if youve ever used any type of dash protectant. and wow NES in teh civic is pimp
Old 02-03-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

yeap, you can do anything yourself, you dont need to pay a professional. You just gotta figure out how to do it! Everyones getting leather seats done... why not just learn how to do it yourself? I mean cummon, 1,000 to get em wraped by someone else... or maybe cost you like 1100 for your first set of seats, and then just material costs afterwards.... doesnt that make more sence then having someone else do it? What about green leather seats? Or black leather, or the existing tan color leather seats, with green stiching.. that'd look pretty dope!
i was thinking about that, but all thats just in the future, when i have a job over the summer.... its all concentrating on studies right now. But when i was thinking about leather seats, imma prolly stay with the tan and get green stiching , just cause thats alot to replace if i were gonna go black on green throughout. ya know?
Old 02-03-2007
Premium Member

yep. Studies are more important... and this is coming from someone whoes reading over his marketing book to access his laptop thats on top of his finance book.. haha.

Anyways, My sisters good with the sewing machine. When I get a chance to, I'm going to talk to her about what it would take to do leather seats in my coupe. I dont really care about the back, focus on the front, and then mess with the back down the line. Tan would make the color scheme work, but i'm not really a big fan of tan leather.. but its prob what i'll end up going with if I dont get some aftermarket seats (the ones in the 07 rx8 are so damn nice)
Old 02-04-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice
well....i had some left over paint from when i got my bumpers painted. i stripped the pieces i wanted painted. i took it to a shop and they painted all of them in a booth for 40 bucks...here's some pics...rep me if i helped lol...

for the record that's the console, window switch moldings, and shifter trim.
Old 02-21-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

messed up post...
Old 02-21-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

what kind of shop should i look for, say... i go buy some clover green paint??
Old 02-21-2007
Premium Member

Is this guys car still in the shop, I wanted to see pics!

Quick Reply: Dash Kits (yea i searched)