Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Do you have Kolor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Do you have Kolor?

Well, now it's time for me to choose paint. Does anyone have House of Kolor Metallic Basecoats? Or House of Kolor Kandy colors or anything House Of Kolor. Feel free to post any information about H.O.K. I'd like to research as much as I can before comitting to this manufacturer. Or reccommed another manufacturer....(I'm looking for a dark red metallic of sorts..) Thanks!
Old 01-27-2007
Registered!!

FreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura about
ya i would like to know also.. even that red metallic
Old 01-27-2007
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
I had some HOK sample books and they're were beautiful kolors =] I would choose them in a heartbeat. Also, check out alsacorp. They make some nice stuff as well...
Old 01-28-2007
Registered!!

nismostreets21 can only hope to improve
check out ppg also they have some real nice candy colors
Old 01-28-2007
Registered!!

rjngo will become famous soon enoughrjngo will become famous soon enough
this might help: Google Image Result for http://www.touchup-paint.com/hok-pg2a.jpg
Old 01-28-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute
That's pretty cool. Thanks...

Does anyone have a full paint job with House of color? Could I see some pictures? I think it would help me decide greatly!
Old 01-28-2007
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
I do, but to be very honest with you the pictures I have don't do the paint justice. I can't remember the name of my paint, but it's a mix of house of kolor silver with a specific pearl. I'll try to remember or find the color, but it ended up turning like a baby blue with several different color shifts. I should be getting my car back from the shop tomorrow night, so when I do I'll try to take a pic of the shift.
Old 01-29-2007
A long winded 7th genr

That would be tight. I'm looking into a kandy raspberry. So you don't have any complaints about the quality of the paint right? Just good response? BTW, how much did you run for a complete paintjob? I did the prepwork myself. wondering how much it should cost.
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

tucks15 is an unknown quantity at this point
yah they have a candy apple red tri stage color that is deadly. i will try to get some pics from work today of the color book we have.
Old 01-29-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
what paints compliment red wheels?
Old 01-29-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i want a Laguna Seca blue. but i want the rims to match!
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tucks15
yah they have a candy apple red tri stage color that is deadly. i will try to get some pics from work today of the color book we have.
that candy apple red sounds niiiice lol i want it
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

gmag21 will become famous soon enoughgmag21 will become famous soon enough
how much would that cost ne way? to get ur whole car painted
Old 01-29-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
theres a dark midnight blue that i saw that i really liked
Old 01-29-2007
The only Wyoming Redneck on here

2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough2002civicLX2002 will become famous soon enough
my favorite color for almost any car is tangelo. but its a bright color, not a dark. for a dark i would suggest candy apple red, that color is hot
Old 01-29-2007
Registered!!

well i would suggest finding a friend in a body shop to help you with it. i work in a body shop in canada and i painted my car complete for 300 bucks but i just paid for paint which i got for cheap too. i two-toned my car and i think it looks hot. for completes we charge anywhere from 3000 - 6000. we are a high quality shop though. no macco crap here. i would look around though. there are lots of guys just doing this stuff in there "modified" workshops that would probably do it for somewhere around a grand if you supplied the paint. hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Good to know, I priced up all of the materials from HOKpaint.com and looks like around 5-600 bucks for materials alone. I'm guessing another 4-450 for spraying... so I guess Im looking at around a thousand. The hard part is finding a good shop that will do it for me. Where I live, there's a ton of ego driven body shop owners that never want to help the budget guy (Or they only do insurance work)....it's a shame.
Last chance, does anyone else have House of Kolor paint? Or pictures thereof?
Thanks
Old 01-30-2007

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Eyger
That would be tight. I'm looking into a kandy raspberry. So you don't have any complaints about the quality of the paint right? Just good response? BTW, how much did you run for a complete paintjob? I did the prepwork myself. wondering how much it should cost.
With all paint the quality is dependant on the shop that does it. A good shop can take cheap paint and make it look great while a crappy shop can make great paint look cheap. I really don't have any complaints about my paint. It's definately unique, when I roll by you can tell that it's a custom color. I got my car painted when I got my kit so with my kit install, painted tribal graphics, and HOK paint, it came out to 4,000.

As for the candy apple, one of my team mates has it. It was done on a gold base and looks crazy sick. (In a good way) Make sure you go to a good shop to get candy done. Because of how technical that type of painting is, you want to make sure that the ratio of clear to paint is exact or it's going to be very off. Also remember, candy fades, and a whole lot faster than a standard paint job.
Old 01-30-2007
A long winded 7th genr

It fades? That's a bummer, I never heard about that. Damn. Maybe I'll just stick with the base metallic. Or I could get a car cover I guess... haha
Old 01-30-2007

Yeah. Candy is beautiful to look at, but it's got a whole lot of negatives to go with it. As I said it does fade, it's also almost impossible to match. You need to find a really good shop to match the paint or you will basically end up having to respray the whole car.
Old 02-06-2007
Registered!!

lownslocvc is an unknown quantity at this point
I have h.o.k paint too, and regret doing it. It looks nice at first, but if your going to daily drive it, i wouldn't use it.Like the other guy said, just think if you want to change anything on your body, any damage, or anything like that you probably have to repaint the whole car. It's nice to have something custom and different, unless it goes on and off a trailer, I don't think its worth it. I'm getting ready to re-paint my whole car right now because some imperfections in different spots, and a new front end.
Old 02-06-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Originally Posted by lownslocvc
I have h.o.k paint too, and regret doing it. It looks nice at first, but if your going to daily drive it, i wouldn't use it.Like the other guy said, just think if you want to change anything on your body, any damage, or anything like that you probably have to repaint the whole car. It's nice to have something custom and different, unless it goes on and off a trailer, I don't think its worth it. I'm getting ready to re-paint my whole car right now because some imperfections in different spots, and a new front end.
Thanks for the input. Are you referring to the Kandy color? Or the paint altogether? I wouldn't mind just having it without the Kandy.
Old 02-06-2007
Registered!!

hey i two toned my car and i used a silver, custom color from ppg, and just a normal black from sikkens. we use sikkens in our shop and it looks great. my friend sprayed his 95 altima in it 4 years ago and it still looks like a show car. id recommend sikkens or ppg to anyone. hope this helps.
Old 02-11-2007
Registered!!

lownslocvc is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Eyger
Thanks for the input. Are you referring to the Kandy color? Or the paint altogether? I wouldn't mind just having it without the Kandy.
i used the kandy, personally i wouldnt bother changing the color. ive waisted so much time and money. NOT WORTH IT!!!!, haahhaa . next time around just bolt-ons for me