Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Lower A-arm snapped and bent. wth!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mikecivexxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Lower A-arm snapped and bent. wth!

I was leaving work... made a u-turn in the parking lot and next thing I know is I hear a clunk and a skidding sound. I go look and my wheel took off part of my left front fender and the wheel is way out of position. I jack it up right then and there and see that the bolt that holds the a-arm in fell out. I found it where I was originally parked. I got it towed to this import place.

My car is screwed. I feel the axle is jacked, the a-arm is outta place and bent, the fender is pinched in from the wheel, and the front bumper is yanked out good... all from this. Now I get to call the warranty company come monday, and I know they are gonna try to get out of it like they did with my transmission.

p.s AAA are morons... I told them no flatbed truck, and they bring one. They ended up dragging the car onto the flatbed, you could see the front wheel bend more and a little tired mark from the wheel since it couldn't spin. Frustration.
Old 01-22-2007
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
i have an A arm fs if you're interested, make an offer.
Old 01-22-2007
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
sucks about the loose bolt though
Old 01-22-2007
Type-Race
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

doctor will become famous soon enoughdoctor will become famous soon enough
So was the LCA snapped or was it just because of the bolt? DId you mess with the bolt lately?
Old 01-22-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
pics?
Old 01-22-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
If the insurance company wont cover it, let me know. I can do all the repairs for you for a really good price.
Old 01-22-2007
Registered!!

Ekonetics is an unknown quantity at this point
that happened to me, the extended honda warranty i had on my car covered it. took awhile for honda to send out someone to check my car and see if they would fix it.
Old 01-22-2007
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
soory for a newb reply, BUT what is the A-arm exactly??? can somebody post pics...
Old 01-22-2007
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
yup my lower a-arm cracked in half tho:

fixed it myself tho, but i did a 5 lug type s brake swap after that happened.......its easy stuff if you have the right tools.
Old 01-22-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
how the **** do you do that? I hit a curb at 50 mph head on and shattered my wheel, and I barely bent my a-arm. lol
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

mr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the roughmr_fobster is a jewel in the rough
i didnt hit anything....lol my suspension was just too stiff.....lol

i was in traffic in the toll bridge and snap! steering went all funny.....eh its all good at the end of it all i got my type-s brake swap in.
Old 01-23-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Thats wierd. I have full coilovers and aftermarket sway bars and all that good stuff....and mine didnt just snap.
Old 01-23-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Originally Posted by spoonEM
how the **** do you do that? I hit a curb at 50 mph head on and shattered my wheel, and I barely bent my a-arm. lol
any pics of that? lol, thats something I really cant picture.
Old 01-23-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

Unfortunately I dont. lol. I have pieces of the broken wheel sitting on my desk at work. haha. It was some shitty business. I just dont see how the arm "just snaps". lol
Old 01-23-2007
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
maybe it was a tokyo drift U turn?
Old 01-23-2007
omgwtfbbq mod.

hahaha...he was too fast and way too furious for those corners.
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

grn2k1civic is an unknown quantity at this point
lol thats great
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

naw I never messed with the bolt. never would really think the bolt would just fall out like that. I can't believe honda would thread a part that needs to be able to move back and forth. haha. but yea my warranty company is taking care of it. but yea the bolt fell out and just from doing the little uturn in the parking lot, popped the wheel out and bent the a-arm. ... here's the good part though... my suspension was shot before this, but the suspension got tweaked good from the wheel popping out of place. So maybe I'd get suspension for the front end then? or would they replace all 4?
Old 01-23-2007
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Okay, judging from your profile, your car is a 2001.. how many KMs do you have? Because that bolt is also surrounded by a rubber bushing that will wear out around 80,000miles... it'll start to crack and dry up and as it continues to wear, there will be more play which in turn will cause the bolt to loosen. If you have no replaced it, that is probably why it loosened. So to be safe, while you are at it.. get the other side checked and replaced if need be.
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
that at least it did not happen on highway.
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

My car, 2001 ex, has 35,600 miles on it. The car is at the shop, so when it comes back to me, I'll jack it up and check the other side.
Old 01-23-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by spoonEM
Thats wierd. I have full coilovers and aftermarket sway bars and all that good stuff....and mine didnt just snap.

haha yea but at the time i had stiffer springs in the rear and front......it was about a 21k in the rear and 19k in the front i believe....dont remeber exactly but somewhere in the lines of that.
Old 01-24-2007
Registered!!

Ok guys... I was talking with my mechanic guy and he's telling me the warranty won't cover this. Oh bullshit this isn't normal, plus someone on here had the same problem and the honda warranty covered it. I have this top of line warranty too... covers everything, finally I get him to talk with the warranty's company adjuster. I don't here from him for a long time and I leave and come back at 8pm and I check my messages and one is from him telling me to call him asap. So too me it sounds like the warranty company is trying to back out of it. help?