Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

body kit versus lip for EG hatch

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zonk is an unknown quantity at this point
body kit versus lip for EG hatch

as soon as i get my tax returns back i am planning on putting my hatch into the shop for some much needed tlc and repainting, i was wondering what you guys prefer, i have had a body kit on my 96 civic and honestly the thought of accidently hitting a curb drove me nuts, but i loved the way it looked, i have seen the new thing is to try to keep it as stock or as jdm as possible, i like that look also. heres my dilemma

1. the front bumper on the car is aftermarket reproduction...it looks close but is not perfect ihave serious doubts that a lip would fit it right and the junk yards around here dont have any oem front bumpers in stock. I am not 100% on trusting ebay either to give me a quality lip

2. body kits are good depending on the type or brand of kit you get...the buddy club gen 1 and black widow kits are a dime a dozen and i hate seeing the same kit i want on 50 other cars.

my question is what do you guys reccomend as far as a look, the cars body is a little rough ont he doors and could probably stand new skins honestly but there isnt any rust anywhere on this hatch. the rear bumper has damage from the previous owners exploits as a dilevery guy, so once again to keep it oem or jdm i'd have to replace it.

i guess i think too far into it but i don't want to fall intot the ricer category, they are far to common around here. thanks for your imput i'll post pics later cause my girl is an ugly girl at the moment