Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

megan racing headers??

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
been there done that, i would say everyone save their money and get yourself a K20. I know not everyone can afford one, but hey save up and eventually you'll be there.

I regret every single performance mod i did on my car, except my EVOII since i can use that later with my K, because i felt only a LITTLE DIFF. it any from it all.
Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

Jeenyusss is an unknown quantity at this point
i would save up fro a swap
Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
The megan looks just like the pic of my old stocker. It is just a larger pipe and it is polished. It has the same designe because all you do is unbolt the stocker and replace it with the Megan. That is it, it will take a complete noob 1/2 hour no ****.
Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
thank you...another member with real knowledge that no matter what header you get for a D17 or even I/H/E, you will get minimal gains.
Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
The megan looks just like the pic of my old stocker. It is just a larger pipe and it is polished. It has the same designe because all you do is unbolt the stocker and replace it with the Megan. That is it, it will take a complete noob 1/2 hour no ****.
sometimes it could take longer if you don't have all teh tools. There are some bolts taht are harder to get to than others.
Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

guitarchan16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Alpha 5
Well here you go finally the moment we have been waiting for. Pics of the OEM and HP headers. Now all we need is the DC guys to admit they bought a piece of crap and take some pics as proof.
I have included pics of the HP H26 this is a full 4-1 header and my old stock exhaust manifold. You will notice the long sweeping runners of the HP. This is an advantage over the Megan you will notice that the Megan looks a lot like the stocker. Yes the Megan may be a ½ in larger in diameter but the runners are a lot shorter . So where the pipes come together will be a restriction and with the Megan this restricion will hapen a lot sooner. The HP has longer pipes so they can hold more spent gasses before the collector. Now in conclusion. Longer runners make more ponies shorter pipes more TQ. This is your call. Both are better than stock. I took the HP badge off of my header whe I painted it. I can take a pic of it if needed for proof.
Thank you...this proves my point. The longer runners make more top end and shorter makes more TQ. The wider piping also makes for more HP(Top end) so the Megan Racing header you get both...you get to get more TQ because of the shorter Runners and you get the HP because it all runs to a HUGE collector and Down Pipe...as apposed to just long runners that go down and you loose all TQ. So it's Megan>HP>stock>DC

MEGAN FTW!!!

Originally Posted by spoonEM
^^lol @ the n00b for posting that comment in the wrong thread.
^^^You're retarded...being that this is my thread, the dude before me was just saying that he hit a deer...so i was replying back to it...keep up or keep out
Old 12-20-2006
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by D5cIvIc
thank you...another member with real knowledge that no matter what header you get for a D17 or even I/H/E, you will get minimal gains.
word.
i know the car is slow as hell but hey i love that $10 can get me half tank.
only thing i'm going to do is suspension.
Old 12-20-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Suspension all the WAY!!! WOOOT

Btw too all that helped in this thread GJ! Give all yourselfs a pat on the back, we just demonstrated what a real community should be here to achieve.

Guitarchan16, I concede that MEGAN>HP>Stock>DC. Although I really would like dynos, we can't all get what we wish and this is pretty damn good enough.

GOOD WORK EVERYONE!
Old 12-21-2006
Registered!!

I agree...and as soon as christmas is over...i'm heading to the dyno and i'll show the sheet...

Would go now, but i just spent 600 on my girlfriend for her christmas gift...I would tell everyone what it is, but she has an 04 civic as well and comes to this forum too...lol...

+1 rep for Boggie1688 for keepin it real
Old 12-21-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough
lol @ your sig....
Old 12-21-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
how does the kamikaze header compare with the rest?? any info would be appreciated
Old 12-21-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Not many ppl have posted experiences about the kamikaze but from what I've heard they are good too. This thread just turned into a Header war to see who's got the biggest piping. The gains will be minimal of course but apart from DC and ebay knockoffs I think the rest are much better than stock. As soon as my megan header broke in I felt much improvement in my 3rd gear above 3000 rpms and beyond; making highway passes much easier.
Old 12-21-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
To me it doesnt matter how big the piping is. Bigger isnt always better. IMO, the DC is a decent header. Its all about how the tube flows and how well the port sizes are matched. I had every header listed on this thread, and the DC is probably one of the nicer ones i had, but still, none of them made a noticeable enough difference to justify wasting the money on them. Stick to stock unless your going turbo....
Old 12-21-2006
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blackonblack
how does the kamikaze header compare with the rest?? any info would be appreciated
Oh sheet, I knew someone was going to say it sooner or later. I would be lying if I said it wasn't on my mind as well. I know Kamikaze ain't street legal in CA, BUT I don't imagine that stopping many people. I probably would end up buying the Kamikaze in the end, but just swapping it out when it's time to get that smog check done. Then some nice internals and a 5Zigen exhaust (just to make my car fast enough in order to make the suspension work hard.)
Old 12-21-2006
Registered!!

I can't wait to dyno so i can see how much power I've gained. I can really feel it and everyone that rides with me can too...
Old 12-21-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by EXsmellsbetter
Oh sheet, I knew someone was going to say it sooner or later. I would be lying if I said it wasn't on my mind as well. I know Kamikaze ain't street legal in CA, BUT I don't imagine that stopping many people. I probably would end up buying the Kamikaze in the end, but just swapping it out when it's time to get that smog check done. Then some nice internals and a 5Zigen exhaust (just to make my car fast enough in order to make the suspension work hard.)
As long as your going down the hill ... it doesn't matter how much power you have.
Old 12-22-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by EXsmellsbetter
well i dont need to worry about passing any smog tests so im not too worried about it. nobody has any useful info for me??
Old 12-22-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
What info do you need?
Old 12-24-2006

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
What info do you need?
He needs info on how to not spit on people who are just putting in their two cents. Useful. Here's an idea. Buy it and see how you like it if you're so interested. Then at least someone would be doing something "useful."

Last edited by EXsmellsbetter; 12-24-2006 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-24-2006
Registered!!

wow you really took my comments out of context dude. i wasnt trying to be an *** i was just wondering if anyone in here has an lx and has a kamikaze header and lx exhaust system. that is the "useful" info i was after.
Old 12-24-2006
Registered!!

I've heard good things about kamikaze so just get it dude. It's gonna be better than stock regardless. Let us know some of your experiences if you do get it though.
Old 12-24-2006

Originally Posted by blackonblack
wow you really took my comments out of context dude. i wasnt trying to be an *** i was just wondering if anyone in here has an lx and has a kamikaze header and lx exhaust system. that is the "useful" info i was after.
I know, I like to make big deals out of nothing. It makes me feel better about my herpes . . . JUST KIDDING!
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

Starwin21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is anyone ever going to post DC header numbers like you did for the rest. I respect DC Sports as a company and their products are aparently great for every car but the EM2 D17A2? I find this very hard to believe. Now I'm rocking stock and trying to do my research, but can someone give me a reason why I shouldn't go DC FTW, other than they're the most expensive? Just looking for some hard technical reasons not to like DC, thanks.
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

The DC 4-1 header is identical to the stock header so ppl say its not worth spending all that money for it. The DC 4-2-1 race header on the other hand will give you some gains but that removes your catalytic converter of course.
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

Thank you. So has all the discussion to date been about the shorty headers that allow for the retention of the cat? What about the HP setup with the high flow cat on truehonda.com, is it the one everyone is bragging about? What do you run and why?
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

Yes the 4-1 headers on the market let you keep your catalytic converter if you have an EX. This big debate is about if megan is better than HP for the most part lol. I have the megan 4-1 header and stock cat. I'm happy with it but I found the HP header and cat for a good deal so I'm gonna try that and see if it performs better. I have a stage 2 cam so that catalytic converter is sort of hindering my performance but I'm keeping it for inspection purposes.
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

YES, LOGIC PREVAILS IN SOME FORUM MEMBERS!!! lol, sorry just had to get that out of my system. Well I'll definately want to hear when you get the HP's and see how you like them. I have the money right now, but I need to have some body work done, where I was you're typical stupid first driver. (my knowledge is better than my driving) You like the weld quality on the Megan headers? I read in SCC that they looked a little rough, but this is a D17 so it's not like we can be so picky right?
P.S. I'd like to keep it legal too if I can, I just don't feel like paying fines, although my friends don't seem to have a problem with it.
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

The welds are fine with my megan header but beware of those ebay knockoffs. I've had the header a year exactly and it performs great. It doesn't look as nice as when I first bought it because of all the salt and crap that it went through last winter. Where do you live? Any shorty header should be fine granted you KEEP your catalytic converter and you DON'T LIVE in California. If you live in Cali DC is the only way to go to stay legal.
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

I live in Shreveport, Louisiana. I know a long tube race header is prefered in any performance setting, but I'm what you might call a conscious consumer. I'd really like to keep my cat in some capacity, even if it means installing a high flow one from Random Technologies or someone else. All of this is why I'm really intrigued to hear someones views of the HP long tube setup with the cat (even if truehonda calls in a race only application) My buddy runs a Megan racing manifold on his SR20 and it gives him great numbers. I just thought I'd try and figure out what all this HP hype was about and like I said, there's the whole DC Sports thing I brought up above.
Old 12-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough
everyone hating on dc sports saying its stock size and soforth...bigger size isnt always better in terms of headers...exhaust flow is the most important...

Quick Reply: megan racing headers??