headers are in - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2006   #1  
Registered!!

ryancivic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
headers are in

well i got my headers in last night. took me a while to figure out how to connect them to the rest of the exhaust because there are no welded nuts on them to catch the screws from the exhaust system. i managed to saw one off and use it and get a small clamp to seal off the other side. the stock gasket is too big as well. so next paycheck im going to see if a muffler shop can come up with a gasket that will fit and possibly see if they can just make a pipe that goes from the header to the hks muffler since its only axle. the power is acually very noticeable and i like the idea of not having a catalytic converter even though out in great california thats eventually a ticket
let me know what you think

ryancivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #2  
Administrative Rice. WAT?!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
go to autozone with the stock bolt and match the threads with a nut..
xRiCeBoYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #3  
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
looks good
SOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #4  
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
what brand is that?
flipmoderacer02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #5  
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
i doubt you felt any diff. esp. from a shorty header. That is unless you got a high flow cat, even tehn the power gains are hardly there.
D5cIvIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #6  
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud ofxRiCeBoYx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by D5cIvIc View Post
i doubt you felt any diff. esp. from a shorty header. That is unless you got a high flow cat, even tehn the power gains are hardly there.
he put a shorty header on an a1 so he eliminated the cat..
Old 12-10-2006   #7  
Registered!!

metalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nicemetalviper is just really nice
are those the kamikaze headers for lx?
ive been thinking about gettin those or obx (cheaper) but dont know of any performance difference?
metalviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #8  
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalviper View Post
are those the kamikaze headers for lx?
ive been thinking about gettin those or obx (cheaper) but dont know of any performance difference?
they are JDM
djrabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #9  
Banned

tsudocivic2k4 can only hope to improve
How long did it take you to put those headers on. And is there also a downpipe/testpipe with that
tsudocivic2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #10  
Registered!!

D5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of lightD5cIvIc is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx View Post
he put a shorty header on an a1 so he eliminated the cat..
ohh...no cat.. Then u might have had a little power increase. I do mean little. At least its better than nothing
D5cIvIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #11  
Administrator

for the record, our cars only have one header.. not 'headers' (sing. vs. plural)

a v-6 or v-8 has headers
Old 12-10-2006   #12  
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx View Post
for the record, our cars only have one header.. not 'headers' (sing. vs. plural)

a v-6 or v-8 has headers
thank you! looks nice, but dust off that engine bay some. it's a lil bit durty! nice header, and dusty motor...
burke420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #13  
Banned

SLO REX the 2nd is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by D5cIvIc View Post
x2, maybe 1hp if that
SLO REX the 2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #14  
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
1.1hp maybe
SOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006   #15  
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
ive got the OBX headers for the LX/DX ones.
I will say, I notice a slight increase in top-end "power". More in the 35-65 range. Other than that,...yeah...its still our little crappy D17

no cat here either!! TX FTMFW!! AND Ive got a bud that can pass me (inspection) with no cat!! hahaha i looove texas!
Mike04Civic is offline   Reply With Quote