Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Mercedes or BMW which one

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bbeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Mercedes or BMW which one

Got a hold of $250000 cdn (thanks pops) what new car should I get Mercedes CLK 550 coupe or a BMW 6 series

Old 11-24-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nicesleekcivic2004 is just really nice
I would go with the Mercedes. They are better engineered IMO.
Old 11-24-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
get the M6... lol.. nothin like a 5.0L V10 with 500hp

its only $98,600USD ($112K CAD, according to xe.com)
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
mercedes
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Wngman200 is an unknown quantity at this point
The BMW imo looks better. Little more sporty cause the Mercedes is a little too "old man" to me.

But first, why did you dad give you that much money?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

whitevic is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe invest it, instead of spending it right away?
Old 11-24-2006
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't like benzs to much, and let me tell you I drive them a lot. All my friends have them, and my parents. The steering is so soft but to precise at the same time, which is really strange and uncanny when your driving something big like a E500. I also don't feel that bmw or benz are that reliable.

My dads benz(E320) has been in the shop at least 3 times a year ever since he got it. The even funnier part, everytime he goes its always something wrong with the brakes. Yes E class has problems with brakes.
My mom benz(slk350) has some pretty damn shitty interior for being upwards of 40k.

Suspension feel is weird on almost all benz, I don't care if you get the sport package. I have I C230 with sport package right now in the garage, cuz dads car is at the shop! But it gives a false sense of performace, oh yea u feel the bumps, now take that steering wheel and start slaming the car side to side...still confident?
Also benz brakes, although they are super good are way to flipping touchy. On my honda I can some a stop at a light and you won't notice even the slightest jerk. On the benz no matter how I try to control the pedal it will always jerk, brake by wire can suck my *****.

Bmws on the other hand a pretty damn amazing when it comes to all the pitfalls of the benz. Suspension is awesome on the car, steering is awesome, brakes, awesome. None of the weird awkward stuff in the benz. However these cars don't last past 100,000miles, benz cars usually can last for lifetimes.

Both cars are expensive to fix and maintain. If your looking for something more sporty than luxurious get the bmw, otherwise the benz. Honestly if your going for the pimp look it doesn't matter...but if performance matters get the bmw. Btw try looking at some other companies...there are some crazy cars way better in performace of bmw and benz for under 100k.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

mattyg23 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyg23 has a spectacular aura aboutmattyg23 has a spectacular aura about
i would go with the bmw
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

nick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to beholdnick95673 is a splendid one to behold
3 or 5 series then use the rest on other stuff.
Old 11-24-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
BMW: front engine rear drive 6 speed manual.
Old 11-24-2006
Premium Member

jcem will become famous soon enoughjcem will become famous soon enough
Have you driven them both yet?
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Kswap for your 'vic and invest the rest.
Old 11-24-2006
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
CLK is kinda old man and 6 series is ugly

Personally:
3 series > C series
5 series < E series
7 series < S series
Z4 < SLK
X5 > ML
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

My dad gave me the money since he completed a huge contract at his work, worth 13.4 million. He also gave my mom and sister money too (more money than me) If you guys are wondering he works for an consulting firm. Going to be one too one day.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Sounds to me like I should take a visit up there and be his best friend.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Wngman200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, must be nice. why don't ya go with something like a Corvette or something like that. That would be more fun and more wow factor.
Old 11-24-2006
Premium Member

jcem will become famous soon enoughjcem will become famous soon enough
If it were me, I'd get 2 cars for that price range - A WRX Sti and a Lotus Elise
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

If you want to be like everyone else, get a STI haha.
Get a Audi A4 and mod that bad boy.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Well I was thinking of doing a K20 swap for my vic. But then my dad said he doesn't want his Mercedes anymore. So I start thinking lets get a something that my buddies can't get in there lifetime. Mercedes, BMW!!!. So yea going for it. But my dad is looking for something overseas I don't know what. Life is good.

My dad's building is the new luxury hotel in Italy opening in 2 years. Don't what it's called. I love this hotel
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

Give you updates on my progress this coming monday
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
well like someone said.. invest it, cars a pretty crudy investment if you ask me, they depreciate the moment you drive one off the lot, haha. i say open up a 401k, and put a certain amount per year, or you could invest in foreign mutual funds, asia's good for one right now. my cousins that live in turkey tell me the BANK's!! normal savings account interest rate is something like... 15%+?? haha you wont EVER see those kinda interest rates with any savings, or cd ever here in the states. but then again, i don't know how liquid the currency would be from there to here, cuz it's totally different from you being there in turkey like my cousins are.
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by bbeboi
Well I was thinking of doing a K20 swap for my vic. But then my dad said he doesn't want his Mercedes anymore. So I start thinking lets get a something that my buddies can't get in there lifetime. Mercedes, BMW!!!. So yea going for it. But my dad is looking for something overseas I don't know what. Life is good.

My dad's building is the new luxury hotel in Italy opening in 2 years. Don't what it's called. I love this hotel
i'd rather invest in a house...even though the market right now is pretty bad... jus buy an s2000 and save the rest. personally that's what i would do.... everyone and their moms have BMWs and Mercedes...i swear i see more people people with sl AMGs than 7thgens
Old 11-24-2006
Registered!!

TheGeneralLee can only hope to improve
^agree buy a house. i hate it when people drive a really nice car and think they are the **** but they have such a crappy house. invest the rest and wait then grab the car of your dreams and you realize you'll have both. thats what my cousin did and now he has both at the age of 23 in italy. im starting to do that and i might just have my house by next year or 2 at the most and im just 22. it helps when you have your own business as well
Old 11-24-2006
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
if you wanna get something that your friends will never get in their lifetime, go with the aston martin DB9.. lol.. $181k CAD.. hehe..

on a more serious note, yea.. get a car that has a much lower price and save the rest.. invest it, let it grow..
Old 11-25-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TheGeneralLee
^agree buy a house. i hate it when people drive a really nice car and think they are the **** but they have such a crappy house. invest the rest and wait then grab the car of your dreams and you realize you'll have both. thats what my cousin did and now he has both at the age of 23 in italy. im starting to do that and i might just have my house by next year or 2 at the most and im just 22. it helps when you have your own business as well
lol, I know how it looks. Newish sport car on the driveway of a unrebuildable house. It makes me laugh when I see it.

To the poster: Inverst it into a property or some stocks, or if you insist on a nice car, then buy a 2-3 year old CLK / M5, knock on wood, but you may never see this much again.
Old 11-25-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
lol........

you guys are trippin.......

iono bout u guys.......but if my daddy gave me 250k CDN...

id buy a frigin 6series or M6.......

on that note, i would SURE look at someone with alot more WOW if they drove an M6 rather than a measly STI/s2000/vette (excluding z06)
Old 11-25-2006
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
redic. soo much money- ur dads making the world spin faster!
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just like many people said, I would focus on investing it. Yeah I would love a fat *** car like the 6 series (sexiest bmws out now). What I would do is by like an 03 M3, mod it nicely. If you want something faster get a crotch rocket too. I would play the stock market a little, or just throw it in the bank and let the intrest build up.

If my dad gave me that much money he would probably want to kill me if I thought of buying that expensive of a car instead of a nice down payment on a house or something.
Old 11-26-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
well for one... the highest savings account interest rate that i know of are around 5.25% and 5.26%, well it was that the last time i checked, so i'd say that's a mild investment but then again.. it yields a lot for a mild investment if you were to put all of it into a savings for now. i think those apy's are higher than the rate of inflation.

2 banks i know of for sure have 5.25%, i think the 5.26% was for a bank that had a minimum of $10,000 or something, forget. but i say MUTUAL FUNDS! or stocks if you're a risk taker, or if you know what the heck you're doing.
Old 11-26-2006
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
well for one... the highest savings account interest rate that i know of are around 5.25% and 5.26%, well it was that the last time i checked, so i'd say that's a mild investment but then again.. it yields a lot for a mild investment if you were to put all of it into a savings for now. i think those apy's are higher than the rate of inflation.

2 banks i know of for sure have 5.25%, i think the 5.26% was for a bank that had a minimum of $10,000 or something, forget. but i say MUTUAL FUNDS! or stocks if you're a risk taker, or if you know what the heck you're doing.
dont buy CMX... my portfolio hardly gained because they lost 5k!! ughk...

anyways, do anything with ur money that you want. saving it doesnt seem to be too high of a priority for you. Why not buy a mclaren? that halls *** and super expensive. Lambos got some unique colors, allthough cant take corners- the evo can actually keep up with a lambo and corner faster, practially impossible to roll one of thoes guys- amazing for a 2.0L engine-what is it.. 400 or 500 hp? Or you could stick with honda and pick up an S2000.

you will probably be the one person on here with a rediculously priced car thats like 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 times more expensive then your 7th gen

Quick Reply: Mercedes or BMW which one