Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Thanksgiving break + boredom = messing with 'vic

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
dayyyuuuuuummmmmmmm i love the grille and the wheels... red looks HOT
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about
The lower grille install was, obviously very easy. The upper was difficult, time consuming and hard to explain.

Originally Posted by TRIZ
Also, you said you still had the black honey comb under the hood?? well.. How? I mean it looks like you took it out, and if you did- then arent you worried about someone messing with it and gaining access to under your hood?
What I mean is I kept the shell of the grille and cut out only the part of the old grille you would see from the outside. Thus they do not have access to the latch because there is that plastic piece on top (parallel to the hood and goes over the radiator cap) still there. When I get home I'll post up how it looks under the hood...

BTW, grille cost me <$4 for mesh and a black spray paint can that was lying around the shop!

Last edited by redrocket600; 11-30-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2006
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about

Old 11-30-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
love the grille. i amy have to try that myserlf
Old 07-23-2007
Registered!!

TheMoogly is on a distinguished road
Re: Thanksgiving break + boredom = messing with 'vic

You could still do that with the sedan grille, couldn't you? Just take out the inner part of the grille and get it in.... how did you attach it? Hot glue on the back or something?
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

I may be way late and all, but I would like to know the answer to the last question also.

BTW, thanks a lot for redrocket telling me where to find this thread so I could check out the hotness grill myself.

I really want to do this pretty soon and would like to know exactly how to do it.
Cut the honeycomb and just use the grill frame, correct? I'm sure I can manage that and all, but I don't know how to attatch (hense the bump).

Thanks a lot, and people should hit the man up with some rep for christs sake.
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by firmhonda
I may be way late and all, but...
That's an understatement, considering I made this a year ago

Let's see, you question is about attaching. I'm assuming you read my posts throughout and know what I cut...basically I laid the mesh out and curved it to fit the natural roundness of the grille. Then i wedged the tabs of the painted trim piece into the mesh and trimmed the excess mesh off. Then I butted it up to my cut factory grille and pushed the tabs through the original inserts and screwed the screws in. After that I took some glue (don't remember what it was exactly, but it was also what I used to hold the lower grille on and it hasn't fallen off yet ) and reinforced all the tabs.

I would also recommend doing the lower grille while you are at it, and make everything match. For that all you have to do is cut the black plastic off and bend the mesh around the opening from the inside...a little glue and your good to go.
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

It's really hard to explain everything, BTW. You just have to dive in and figure it out yourself.
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I like the grill. Question though. Why is there nothing in your garage???? Do you like kill people in there or something when you aren't working on your civic??
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

firmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nicefirmhonda is just really nice

So it sounds like you just bended the mesh around and put the tabs through the holes of the mesh to hold them there and then glued all the way around, am I right?

I think if I end up doing this I'll be jb-welding here. If it falls off after a good dose of that it earns it, lol.
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
I like the grill. Question though. Why is there nothing in your garage???? Do you like kill people in there or something when you aren't working on your civic??

I usually pull vehicles out to wash the civic...then take pics after its washed. THus it seems empty. In all reality it is pretty packed. Its a 3 stall with a boat and truck in one stall and the civic in the other. THen there are shelves/tool boxes/benches all over...so ya. Quite the contrary

And, FirmHonda...like I said, it's hard to explain but I think you have the jist of it, yes.
Old 10-04-2007
You Stay Classy, San Diego

jamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nicejamis33 is just really nice

man honestly those rims look amazing. for some reason they look like they have a different offset and it looks amazing.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

They are offset. I had to roll my fenders because they would rub.

Old 10-04-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

good lookin ride, love the lower grill btw, might just do that myself, btw, where did u get the mesh??(yea i didnt read the whole thread)
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

He got it @ home depot. It's gutter rain guard mesh, lol.