Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Meh...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Meh...

kind of wrong area, kinda not to post this.
But I've been looking around and seeing people painting their drums 'cause they get mad rusty after about a year. Mine are pretty bad, and look bad with my rims. So, I'm thinking about painting my drums. Anyone paint their drums while they were still on car? And was it pretty easy/self explainitory?

Also, if anyone lives around SaTX/ATX area and wants to do this with me on their car, lemme know.
Old 11-27-2006
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
i'd say take off the drum.. its not too hard to take it off.. just release the e-brake and use a rubber mallet.. and just my opinion, keep it clean and paint em black, if anything
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Yeah, I was just worried about getting them back on there. Don't wanna mess anything up. But yeah, I'm painting them black to go with my rims, 'cause I don't want them to stand out and look ricey.
Old 11-27-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
You don't have to take the drums off, just do a good enough job putting newspaper around everything.
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Alrighty, I'll just end up doing that. Sounds easier lol.
Old 11-27-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
yeah, just make sure everything is covered, and you tuck the newspaper in everywhere
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

Ight, thanks bro.
Old 11-27-2006
Registered!!

redrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura aboutredrocket600 has a spectacular aura about
Wow! Do I feel like a dousch... I was f-ing with the drum and didn't think it would just come off...and I really didn't want to start taking more stuff apart so I just painted them still on. I didn't tape anything off but I painted mine black so it didn't matter. Just did them over thanksgiving break too!
Old 11-27-2006
TURTLEonK

Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
you could always get a small can of black rust paint and just use a brush to paint them so you dont get it all over the place.
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

Just thought I'd let everyone know who has rust on their drums. I painted mine last week in black. It was pretty damn easy but time consuming and worth it. Just went to Autozone, bought some black caliper paint. Comes with a brush so you can paint em while their still on. Came out really good, glad I did it.
Old 12-10-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I didn't even bother to mask off anything...I just got a can of spraypaint and went to town. Only thing that got painted that wasn't supposed to was the LCA that was downwind of the spot I was painting
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

I didn't bother masking off anything either haha.
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
its not even taht hard to take off the drum itself. Just take off the wheel and hit it a couple times with a mallet. Done and done
Old 12-10-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rice4lyfe
its not even taht hard to take off the drum itself. Just take off the wheel and hit it a couple times with a mallet. Done and done
Unless your car is 5 years old and the ****er's rusted on there. At the time I didn't have a bolt to thread into the drum to pop it off, and the nearest hardware store is a half-hour drive, so I said **** it and just started painting
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

Why waste my time taking it off and putting it back on though? Rather just paint it while it's on. Was freezing my *** of outside too.