Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

B18 swap Into our EM2?

Old 11-15-2006
Abortion Survivor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
thats my opinion i have no other way to put it....wait since kung is ready to gget a lawyer and sue me for being rude here i go

96-00 civic with a b18-very effective and not to costly

01-05 civic with b18- hard to do, costly so it becomes pointless

01-05 civic with k20- costyl but effective and will be cheaper than b18 swap and you have more resources to help you out because its being done more and more

01-05 civic with k24/k20 frankenstein-HIGH HP!!!!!!!!!!!

Its all up to you buddy, its gonna be costly anyway you go to make the 01-05 civic fast, i have spent 10 grand on a turbo d17 and hoping to put out 350whp , good luck in whatever you do and next time search and then post up if you cannot find what you need!
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Kung is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Michalo187
thats my opinion i have no other way to put it....wait since kung is ready to gget a lawyer and sue me for being rude...
It wasn't just rude. It was a blatent disreguard for the persons opinions. You basically called him a retard because he wanted to know about a b series swap and its possibilities.

"legal or not its stupid, retarded pointless and gay, so if its not illegal it should be so that a retard doesn't come along and spend 100grand to get a pointless swap! LOCK THIS STUPID *** THREAD!!!!!!!!"
What if someone rolled up on you and said you're retarded for spending 10k on a turbo d17 setup. Then stated that someone should LOCK your car up so you could never use it, and make it ILLEGAL so no RETARD ever does this because it's POINTLESS and GAY?? Pretty harsh huh? Btw, I'm just using your words here. Think before you post.
Old 11-15-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Here is the last needed post. It's not the first time I've posted this and prolly not the last but this is straight from Joe (locash racing) who also works at Hasport when I asked this very question:

Dallis,

Unfortunately, this is not easily possible. The set used on the AEM
land speed car was basically some random parts that were laying around the
shop that AEM modified to fit the car, and modified the car to fit the
mounts. There are too many problems associated with that swap, so it
will probably never come to fruition in a production kit. To be honest, for
the amount of money it would cost you to do this swap, you'd be much better
off with a more technologically advanced K-series engine.

Good luck on your quest,

-joe
Old 11-15-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kung
Honestly people always yell SEARCH. Well I have news for you, the search feature on these forums suck. Sometimes I have to sift through so many threads it's rediculous before I find my answer. So be nice, and just link him instead of saying:.
Honestly, if you had any sense, you would see on the search options that to your left at the bottom is has an option to display the results. The default it "last posting date" when you get exactly what you are looking for if you change it to "relevancy"! Use your head or your *** will pay!
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

LoneWolf is an unknown quantity at this point
why would you want to? b18 vs k20???? k20 owns
k20's are too expensive
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

red_civic_boi is an unknown quantity at this point
dis is so freakin funny about kung vs Michalo187...hahaha..i do agreed with that guy KUNG haha..and Mich your kinda rude and disrespectin...
Old 11-15-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
haha....i find it funny. Youre saying its dumb to swap in a k20 or b series, yet you spent 10 g's on a d17??! thats pretty ironic if i do say so myself.
Old 11-15-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
This site is getting damned ridiculous. Used to be a time, not all that long ago, that people were here, because honda-tech was populated by a whole bunch of douchebags. I gotta tell you, this site is getting as bad, if not worse. I'm not pointing at anyone specific, but I haven't seen this much bitching back and forth in a long time. I've about had it with this site.
Old 11-15-2006

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
lol more drama than Laguna Beach!
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

SOAD is on a distinguished road
hahahah still fighting, thats funny
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

speedingslowly will become famous soon enough
okay....this is gonna cause lots of ****, but......I considered a k20 swap, and a d17 turbo setup, but heres my plan of attack: my car has only 26,000 miles so i dotn want to **** it up doing seriosu mods, so I am gonna do rims, intake, exhaust, and springs, and a chip, and i will keep it as my bad weather car, and i am making a down payment on a 2007 mustang, which i will leave stock and it will be my toy.
Old 11-15-2006
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by spoonEM
haha....i find it funny. Youre saying its dumb to swap in a k20 or b series, yet you spent 10 g's on a d17??! thats pretty ironic if i do say so myself.
READ READ READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF people i said i spent 10gs on my d17 did i ever said k20 was too expensive? Its a hell of a swap i would have a k20 if i hadn't spend 7 g's on my motor, yes building the d17 is kinda stupid cause you can only make about 300whp so far, so yeah it is stupid but it would also be stupid to spend 10 g's atleast to get a b18 in, k20 owns i never said that was stupid so go back and read what i wrote then talk ****.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedingslowly
okay....this is gonna cause lots of ****, but......I considered a k20 swap, and a d17 turbo setup, but heres my plan of attack: my car has only 26,000 miles so i dotn want to **** it up doing seriosu mods, so I am gonna do rims, intake, exhaust, and springs, and a chip, and i will keep it as my bad weather car, and i am making a down payment on a 2007 mustang, which i will leave stock and it will be my toy.
sorry there are no chips for our engines
Old 11-15-2006
Abortion Survivor

^^^ Venom 400 is a chip and it works on our cars
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

i heard it doesnt do ****
Old 11-15-2006
Abortion Survivor

I heard we didn't land on the moon, but i have faith we did
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

damn that sux, but i think venom 400 is just as retarded as that JET chip(which you mail in for a reflash, supposedly, and nothing happens) but venom 400 apparently works pretty good, but only on a stock car.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

i wouldnt waste your money on it
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SOAD
i wouldnt waste your money on it
of course i wouldnt, i do love me some honda though, but i have been in love with the pony since i was like 5, and the most perfect 5.0 lx slipped out of my grasp last year so i ended up buying a P.O.S jetta, but i will tune the civic while i pay off the stang, then i will sell the civic and get a procharger, bwahahaha.
Old 11-15-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
READ READ READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF people i said i spent 10gs on my d17 did i ever said k20 was too expensive? Its a hell of a swap i would have a k20 if i hadn't spend 7 g's on my motor, yes building the d17 is kinda stupid cause you can only make about 300whp so far, so yeah it is stupid but it would also be stupid to spend 10 g's atleast to get a b18 in, k20 owns i never said that was stupid so go back and read what i wrote then talk ****.
legal or not its stupid, retarded pointless and gay, so if its not illegal it should be so that a retard doesn't come along and spend 100grand to get a pointless swap! LOCK THIS STUPID *** THREAD!!!!!!!!
what do you mean you didnt say it was dumb? So yes, I did read, and I talked ****. Maybe you should re-read what you posted previously in the thread before you make yourself look dumb.

Originally Posted by speedingslowly
haha....those new mustangs are pretty badass. Good idea tho, just leave the vic mostly stock and youre gonna have a lot more fun with the mustang. And when you blow up the rear end in it, give me a call so i can build you a 9" for it at my work. lol. We just came out with a 9" for it that will allow you to re-use your stock brakes, and abs, and we made some billet aluminum lower control arms, an adjustable upper to allow you to adjust the pinion angle, and also an aluminum 1 piece drive shaft for it that weighs 34 lbs less than the stock one. haha

Last edited by spoonEM; 11-15-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2006
Registered!!

welllll...... I dont use brakes, they add weight, jk. But this sounds like a pipe dream or some ****, but i am not getting the pony till summer 08', i gotta pay off the civic, but i am making serious bread right now, so i will take a year off after community college to get it, but the love will go into my civic.

Last edited by speedingslowly; 11-15-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-15-2006
Abortion Survivor

b18 is dumb i never said k20 is dumb, its everything but dumb so i guess we are both right and wrong cause you said b18 and k20 and i just meant b18 was dumb but whatever i am stupid o well
Old 11-16-2006

here dude with all the chips and ****.......look all the horsepower you can addd. should put around 200 to the wheels with all this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAVE-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/R1-GT...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by dp_yz713; 11-16-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 11-16-2006
Abortion Survivor

^^^^ RICE MANIA, look after you buy those three things and buy the b18 to swap and spend 20g's you will be the highest hp 7thgen on the planet!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2006

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dp_yz713
here dude with all the chips and ****.......look all the horsepower you can addd. should put around 200 to the wheels with all this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAVE-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/R1-GT...QQcmdZViewItem
order these immediately. get lots of stickers too.
Old 11-16-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

the wing alone will add like 37.2hp. its been dyno proven.
Old 11-16-2006

oh im sorry. it seems i forgot a major hp mod. thanks AM for reminding me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HoT-S...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-16-2006

get yellow, it'll make you the fastest.
Old 11-16-2006
omgwtfbbq mod.

im surprised this thread hasnt been locked yet. haha
Old 11-16-2006

give it another hour or two. i'm sure it will be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B18 swap Into our EM2?