Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My new ride, again...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura aboutaZnVoYCe has a spectacular aura about
My new ride, again...

So I got a new ride, well sort of. I needed a daily driver and really couldn't drive my TSX, fact that uses premium and gas is uber expensive. Anyway, I needed a commuter that is fun to drive. I was on a budget, so I picked up a 1999 Mazda MX-5 Miata. Fun car to drive and handles like a go cart! Only thing I don't like is the color. Ah, beggers can't be choosers...

These are sales picture from the private party, I'll take better pics later.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	68424   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	653
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	68425   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	68426   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	643
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	68427   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	646
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	68428  

Old 11-02-2006
That is not an ordinary rabbit tis the most foul cruel beast

WhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteCastle is a glorious beacon of light
you couldnt use your TSX as a daily driver? Im lost....**** I use a GTO daily! I thought TSX's got wonderfull gas mileage... anyways, the Mx-5 is an amazing car. although it may not look like much its a great little thing
Old 11-02-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Its nice but this car is not for a guy lol....Sorry, every time i see a Miata its a chicks car and that thing is just waay too small. It is nice for a girl though lol.....
Old 11-02-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
you couldnt use your TSX as a daily driver? Im lost....**** I use a GTO daily! I thought TSX's got wonderfull gas mileage... anyways, the Mx-5 is an amazing car. although it may not look like much its a great little thing
Well everytime I would fill up the tank for the TSX from gas light being on, I would pay about $47. With the Miata, I payed $23. Really big difference. I drive a lot approx 100+ miles in one day. Don't get me wrong, my TSX receives good gas mileage, but I'd rather just use it during the weekend. Heh.

Originally Posted by dru106
Its nice but this car is not for a guy lol....Sorry, every time i see a Miata its a chicks car and that thing is just waay too small. It is nice for a girl though lol.....
Yeah, maybe a girl car. Meaning girls will look at me. Chicks will dig me. Hahah. Anyway, it's a good autocross car.
Old 11-02-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
nice ride, but like WhiteCastle said, a TSX should be a good daily driver (all things considered).

i just dont know if the money you're saving on gas is worth the cost of having another car, i.e. insurance, maintainence, etc...
Old 11-02-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
nice ride, but like WhiteCastle said, a TSX should be a good daily driver (all things considered).

i just dont know if the money you're saving on gas is worth the cost of having another car, i.e. insurance, maintainence, etc...
Haha!! Very true!! He's lying!! You got $$....lol
Old 11-02-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
Nice, but I'd would have just stayed with the TSX but then I wouldn't have a fun car that I could beat on. It looks good tho, and that roof looks perfect!
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

xtheenderx will become famous soon enoughxtheenderx will become famous soon enough
ooh, i like it. here in LA a friend of mine had 2 already, and his muffler is so aggressive. i think thats a great dd i wouldnt mind having one myself. btw it looks great, have fun switchin from FF to FR
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

cmeias is an unknown quantity at this point
these cars are good but i always see them as a girls car.
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

lewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura aboutlewal has a spectacular aura about
The new ones are ok if you get 17s on them =)
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

cmeias is an unknown quantity at this point
17 would look good
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver

I thought about it and calculated it. With the TSX, I spend approx $376 for gas in a month; with the Miata, I would spend approx $184 on gas in a month. Keep in mind that I drive 100+ in a day therefore I get gas every 3 days. Insurance went up by $38 a month with full Covereage on both TSX and Miata. That's excluding maintainence of course. I'm assuming maintainence on the Miata wouldn't cost as much as the TSX would. With that said, I save approx $150 in a month versus using my TSX (excluding maintainence).
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Its a nice car
Old 11-03-2006
Registered!!

stroked_monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
plus why put the miles on the tsx eh....
Old 11-04-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Originally Posted by aZnVoYCe
I thought about it and calculated it. With the TSX, I spend approx $376 for gas in a month; with the Miata, I would spend approx $184 on gas in a month. Keep in mind that I drive 100+ in a day therefore I get gas every 3 days. Insurance went up by $38 a month with full Covereage on both TSX and Miata. That's excluding maintainence of course. I'm assuming maintainence on the Miata wouldn't cost as much as the TSX would. With that said, I save approx $150 in a month versus using my TSX (excluding maintainence).
and how many months will it take you to recover the cost of buying the car in the first place? But then to be truely accurate, you'd have to factor in the milage you save on the tsx fo when u eventually sell it... gerr, variables

Its clean as hell. Wood grain though? and is that a tear in the passenger floormat? Still, super clean, lots of potential.

I hate when ppl say a car is a girls car... there are some mean miatas out there, and I'm not just saying that kuz N4SU (need for speed underground) rocks out with a miata.

good purchase. get a closer job.
Old 11-04-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
if your doin your own oil changes and stuff like that..have fun gettin to the oil filter.....hahahahah. miatas were the most hated car at my shop b.c of the location of the oil filter....right next to the passenger side fender all cramped in there. other than that i like them cars but just really small for my tall ***. have fun with it.
Old 11-04-2006
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude I don't know what you are talking about with the color... that's the best color for a miata IMO. What color would you get? I could understand black or blue or whatever but for me its the British racing green knockoff ftw!!!
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

Thanks all for the comments. I heard oil changes on the Miatas are a pain haha and plus I need to change my oil soon. Oh well.

Originally Posted by juanotejano
Dude I don't know what you are talking about with the color... that's the best color for a miata IMO. What color would you get? I could understand black or blue or whatever but for me its the British racing green knockoff ftw!!!
Green isn't my color. I would rather prefer red, black, or silver. But the color is growing on me. I'm most likely to keep the color as is because paint jobs are $$$.
Old 11-20-2006
Registered!!

crazyasian will become famous soon enoughcrazyasian will become famous soon enough
yea the oil change on the miatas are a real pain in the ***. my coworker at goodyear was doin an oil change on a miata and got a bad burn from it. so yea if you are lookin for the oil filter its on the passenger side next to the place where the shocks mount at, underneath. i believe its right below the mani. hope u have some small *** hands. gl