Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Something wrong! PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
frdeffscrbrd is an unknown quantity at this point
Something wrong! PLEASE HELP

ok i go to uti in houston, thursday afternoon we were dyno cars. we can dyno cars if we have a very good reason why. This were it happened. I put my 2001 civci ex on the dyno and make three runs on the third pass after 4500 my car almost filled the room with smoke that caame out the exhust (white smoke) CAR ONLY MADE 50 HP TO THE WHEELS AND STOCK IT SHOULD BE AROUND 90-100 and the A/F RATIO WHEN INTO THE 8'S. then the car won;t start. so we pushed it out and to one of the bays. we take out the spark plugs and the look like someone had taking a sharpie to the on the tip and nipple of the plug. so i run to napa and get 4 new ones. Put them in and still a no start condition. did a spark test. had spark. did a compression test, 1&4 cyn were almost dead below 60 psi. we pour oil down in each cyn and crank it over. after about during this 3 times it crank over. my teacher drove it around come back and told me to get the hell home. they tightin the throotle cale to keep the rpms up and i drove it home. next day i take it to honda, i talk to them later and get this SIR WE CAN FIND NOTHING WRONG WITH WERE CAR. but yet they can't explain why the A/F ratio when in to the 8's or why my car only made 50 hp to the wheels. i;m at work now but when i get home i will post pic of the plugs and the dYno graph.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO WHEN I GENTLE LAID INTO THE GAS AT A STOP AFTER 3000 IT FELT LIKE IT DIDN;T HAVE ANY POWER I LET OFF AND IT SHIFTED.

Last edited by frdeffscrbrd; 10-07-2006 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-07-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
white smoke is either a head problem or top end problem being you said 1 an 4 had almost no compression makes me think your piston rings are shot giving you no compression and thats why its making the white smoke. white smoke means its burning up oil in the end im gonna say your gonna need piston and rings.. but sumone else mite have another answer.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
whoa that sucks 50 hp..hope u fix it soon.
Old 10-07-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Was it just on the ride home that it ran like shit, and it's fine now since honda looked at it, or it's still running poorly?? Any mods to the car??
Old 10-07-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
your motor is pretty much blown up. youre burning coolant and plugs are shot. looks like a blown head gasket for starters and who knows what else. and dont blame the dyno either
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

I Goin To Test Drive After Work And See But Honda Siad Its Fine But The Didn;t Look At The Block Or Anything All They Did U Did A Compression Test And Siad That The Car Compression Was Within Spec. It Is Still In Warranty.

Mods- Wheels,tires,indiglo Gauges,cold-air And Custom Exhuast

Drove It Home And Close By My House Was When It Felt Like No Power At 3000.

Is It Me Or Is Gillman Honda Rosenberg ****ing With Me
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

IF THE MOTOR IS BLOWN WOULDN'T THEY NOTICE IT ON THE TEST DRIVE.

Is It Me Or Is Gillman Honda Rosenberg ****ing With Me
Old 10-07-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
well at first you said the compression was way low, then they check and its fine? that doesnt happen. they are idiots if they cant see anything wrong and it has no power. hows your oil level? maybe vtec isnt working
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
take it to another dealership to get it checked out
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

THAT WHAT I WAS PLANNING ON DURING. fyi THE CAR HAS 96000 ON THE ORGINAL MOTOR AND BEFORE I CHANGE THE PLUGS THE PLUGS PROBALLY HAD 96000 MILES ON THEM
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

Hey Gearbox To Answer Were Question When My Teacher Check The Level After It Blow Smoke That Was About A Pinkt Nail Length Of Oil One The Dipstick, And I Had It Changed Two Weeks Ago.

Well When I Test Drive It I Goin To Baby It And The Gun It And If It Blows And They Say Nothing Wrong If It And It Blows On Me Then Goin That Goin To Be A Big Problem For Them
Old 10-07-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
I was thinking blow head gasket, or cracked head. Would a cracked head run better when the engine is warm?? Does it expand and seal off better?? Or does it run like crap all the time??
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

I Don;t Know
Old 10-07-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Dum dum dummmm. I believe the white smoke is coolant being mixed in and thats whats blowing out, so they are right, either your head gasket is shot or you have a crack in a cylinder wall. There's a test shops can do with a dye set to find the crack, and you can try replacing your head gasket to see if thats the only problem. Luckily for you, our engines only run about 500 bucks max
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

But After I Was Driving It From School On Thursday Evening The Smoke Stoped After The Spark Plugs Were Replace. I Know This Cuz I Had A Friend Follow Me Home Phil Nor I Saw Smoke.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

And After We Put Oil In The Cynlinders
Old 10-07-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Have you checked your coolant levels

White smoke is a coolant leak being burned with gas
Black smoke is caused by a rich fuel condition
Blue smoke is caused by oil consumption

Last edited by TheSmuggler; 10-07-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

Also Before This Happened My Exhaust Had A Strange Smeel To It When Standing Behind It.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

Smuggler The Coolant Thing Would That Cuase The Hp To The Wheels Only Be 50 When It Should Be Bettween 90-100
Old 10-07-2006

Your loss of compression will do that. Are you throwing any codes.. because I'd bet you are.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

That The Thing I Have No Check Engine Light And My Temp Is Right Where It Has Always Been
Old 10-07-2006
Premium Member

youre gonna have to floor the gas past 4k rpms to see if the vtec engages. if nothing bad happens, maybe there is no serious problem and the plugs were just bad. just warm up the car first and then see what happens. make sure the oil is to the upper line or youre gonna have big problems. what does it do cold start vs warm? if any engine light comes on stop car immediately.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

I Goin For A Test Drive And Make Sure Before I Pick It Up That It Is Fine Before I Pay F The Fee. Plus I May Take It Somewhere Esle.

If The Compression Is Bad Or Coolant Leak Won;t It Show Up On A 5 Gas
Old 10-07-2006

Do the leakdown again to make sure you didnt do it wrong (no offense). Replace the headgasket (pretty cheap), and see how that works. Also go check your cat for me, I'd laugh if it was clogged and making your call smell like eggs
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

Gearbox- If The Plugs Were Bad That Would Have Cuz The Smoke And The Low Wheel Hp Won't It , Cuz It Can't Get Enough Spark Then I Won;t Burn The Fuel Right?
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

Smuggler- The Teacher Did The Compression Test With Two Different Guages. It Doesn;t Smeel Like Eggs. I Have 4000 Miles Till The Warrnaty Runs Out
Old 10-07-2006
Premium Member

like i said, take it out for a hard driving, make sure that whatevers about to break breaks so you can get it fixed.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

HotShotMedic is an unknown quantity at this point
yah seriously, if its not quite broke now, break it quick b4 your warranty runs out.
Old 10-07-2006
Registered!!

well guys more **** has happened when i got off work i went down to the dealer and got my keys and went to drive the car. pulled out baby the car then slowly went harder to the pedal next thing i know i have no pedal. pull over pop the hood and my throttle cable is snapped, great. call honda and tell them what happened. call back and it is goin to b 95 dollars to tow me in. i remind you i'm only .8 or least mile away. i said **** called someone else. only cost me 40 dollars. get it back to the dealer show the guy and he says he never seen that happen. a tech is with him and i make them smell the exhuast and the tech says the car is running rich. i told the guy i know my car something is wrong. so now i have to pay for the cable and they tell me they will get to it monday

so i got the number to american honda and goin to talk to the manger monday. one way i goin to get my car fixed

Last edited by frdeffscrbrd; 10-07-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I would be making them pay for the cable, especially since they had JUST worked on it.

Quick Reply: Something wrong! PLEASE HELP