Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What should i save my cash for..?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006
ultra super duper member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01vic will become famous soon enough01vic will become famous soon enough
What should i save my cash for..?

i want to do something for my car that will make it more fun to drive this summer so im saving a little bit of $$ over winter, but i like to know what im saving for so i dont just spend my money on stupid crap soooooo...
i want to either get wheels/tires/springs/anti roll bar so i can beat them up doing auto-x, -or- get a better clutch and a wet kit from NX to play around with...... but im having a hard time deciding. with all the bells and whistles i would want for a wet kit, it comes out to about the same price too

there are pros and cons to each, but i just cant decide, oh, and im not getting both b/c i feel like i shouldnt be throwing that much money at this econo car......(i know people like to, but im not one of them)

so tell me what i should get!!

other notes:
-wheels would be rota slips 16x7 or 15x7 wrapped in kumho MX or ecsta 712 (not totally stuck on those) with some springs that i dont know yet... and probably progress rear sway
-nx kit is just the base kit with bottle opener and bottle warmer plus exedy organic clutch that would need to be installed by a pro...
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd get the suspension stuff first that will def make the car fun in the twisties. Plus you can take turns at like 60 when before you could only do like 40 mph.
Old 10-04-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
suspension
Old 10-04-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
suspension
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light
^^ i agree.. i put on a front strut bar and rsx rear sway bar and i'm loving it
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

03logic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
I'd get the suspension stuff first that will def make the car fun in the twisties. Plus you can take turns at like 60 when before you could only do like 40 mph.

+1

unless your going to be spraying everywhere you go, you'll get a lot more fun with suspension upgrades.
Old 10-04-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Springs will:
1. Make your car look better (less gap)
2. Handle far better than stock
3. I like to argue it helps acceleration (epecially from a stop)

It's the best bang for your buck, and it's my favorite mod of them all.
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
if you dont want throw money at the econo car why would you be considering nitrous?

anyway, go for supension.
Old 10-04-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
yeah go for suspension. i love how my car looks lowered.
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
get an in-dash navi, make/find your own trails this summer
Old 10-04-2006
ultra super duper member

so, i guess it pretty unanimous... go for tires/wheels/suspension then...nitrous isnt that practical anyways

i already have tokico hp shocks, so what drop do you all recommend for a snowy area im thinking either the springs tokico has that are 1" drop or eibach prokit with the 1.3"... any lower and i would be a snow plow.
... and what do i need for a rear anti roll bar for a dx, the progess kit?

thanks people
Old 10-04-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
huh I thought the pro-kit was 1", thats what I have and we have some pretty greusome winters up here in NH. Bustin out the steelies/snow tires pretty soon
Old 10-04-2006
Show and Go. N/A is BEST.

TeamSF_em2 will become famous soon enoughTeamSF_em2 will become famous soon enough
actually if you want to be decently lowerd for handling i would go with progress springs.. 2" drop is fine for the snow well atleast from what ive experianced. last year when i was living in RENO, NV the winter was pretty bad (i doubt NY winter is worse than in Reno) but i was still able to manage. when spring season came i had a few minor scrapes under the bumper but it wasnt noticable unless you'd kneel down and actually focus on it.

i'll let you be the judge heres a pic.

Old 10-04-2006
ultra super duper member

yea, thats a nice drop are those honda rims painted gold? .... im also worried about the tokicos though, they apparently can only handle less than 1.5 inches or they can get screwed up. and i also dont want to worry about camber hardware for now

huh I thought the pro-kit was 1", thats what I have and we have some pretty greusome winters up here in NH. Bustin out the steelies/snow tires pretty soon
yea, our winters are brutal, its all that lake effect snow from the great lakes, and i dont know about you but my snow tires are LOUD, it sucks

did you have any sagging in the back with the prokit? i have a sedan too and i dont want any saggage
Old 10-05-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
dude what part of NY you from? im in LI, and im on a 2" drop i dont think im gunna be that bad.
Old 10-05-2006
Show and Go. N/A is BEST.

TeamSF_em2 will become famous soon enoughTeamSF_em2 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 01vic
yea, thats a nice drop are those honda rims painted gold? .... im also worried about the tokicos though, they apparently can only handle less than 1.5 inches or they can get screwed up. and i also dont want to worry about camber hardware for now
right on for the props.

when it comes to any drop your gonna have to worry about camber bro its inevitable for just about any lowerd car... if you fear that the tokicos cant handle it then use your stock struts... thats what im on. had em like that for over a year. still going strong.
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

GeminiZ is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a 2inch drop on my tein springs.. its comfortable
Old 10-05-2006
I like my commute

Originally Posted by 01vic
yea, our winters are brutal, its all that lake effect snow from the great lakes, and i dont know about you but my snow tires are LOUD, it sucks

did you have any sagging in the back with the prokit? i have a sedan too and i dont want any saggage
The pro-kit makes the back of the sedan look slightly (barely noticeable) saggy. I heard somewhere it has nothing to do with the springs, the rear fenders on the sedan are slightly lower in the back as opposed to the front so it LOOKS like it sags but it really isn't. I personally want my snows, anything is better than the 40 series tire I have on now, at 50 mph im going deaf it seems

Yeah watch that lake effect snow, a buddy of mine is out in Syracuse and he needs 4wd...
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
It the work to remove the snow in driveway...the actual driving is not bad...

but civic is low enough to scrape some driveways...

anyone in upstate new york needs snow tires...
Old 10-05-2006
I like my commute

Civic's are also pretty rugged in the snow surprisingly
Old 10-05-2006
Go Team Venture!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
suspension

a drop and strut bars make the car 10000 times better
however if the front bumper HATES wet snow and parking lot curbs

i highly suggest changing all the plastic clips under the front bumper to zipties... they will break before the bumper.. unlike the plastic clips
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
If you have any money left over from the suspension, there's nothing wrong with cheep booze and loose women. I prefer the later.
Old 10-06-2006
ultra super duper member

alright, so i think im going to get the eibach prokit from member 'azn_knight4874' fairly soon and waiting till summer to install them. then i will be getting some 16x7 rota slips in polished steel grey or polished silver .... and for rubber im thinking 225/45 kumho ecsta SPT tires but im not totally sure about this yet b/c there are such mixed reviews on the tire rack and i dont know if they will rub or not being so wide..... and they might look really wide on thse rims too.. i guess ill have to see

good choices?
Old 10-06-2006
I like my commute

Sounds good to me man, you won't be dissapointed in the Pro-Kit, I just slapped a tie bar on my setup, and that with the Pro-Kit makes it feel like a autocross car (I swerve a lot !)
Old 10-07-2006
ultra super duper member

good

now i just have to find out if i can fit these wide 225/50 series tires in my fenders...if not ill get 205? i think it was? whatever... itll be fun no matter what, kumho mx here i come!