Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Another civic gone :( with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006
I'm not biased, I hate everyone equally!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unsocial is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Another civic gone :( with PICS

Its been a while since I've posted. I used to post quite a bit under a different name "Grayghost" although things went sour with an ex that was also on the site so i changed my name. But thats another story.

Today i was sitting in traffic when i was hit hard from behind. The headrest hit me hard and hurt my neck as well as give me a massive headache. So I didn't even unbuckle my belt and stayed as still as possible until the ambulance arrived. They took me out of the car in a neck brace and on a back brace. They kept me on the back board for almost 4 hours until they could determine that there was no serious injury to my back or neck. It didn't break anything, but did do something to the muscles in my neck so they have me on painkillers and muscle relaxers as well as in a neck brace for the next week or so.

I didn't get to see my car, but my sister and niece went to get my stuff out of it. They said the back end is pushed in about 5 or so inches and the wing was ripped completely off, the back window shattered among other things.

She took some pics with her cell phone, and I'll take more tomorrow.

Looks like I've gotta find a new car...any ideas???

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0918061642.jpg
Views:	879
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	67897   Click image for larger version

Name:	0918061642a.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	67898   Click image for larger version

Name:	0918061643.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	67899   Click image for larger version

Name:	0918061643a.jpg
Views:	855
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	67900   Click image for larger version

Name:	0918061643b.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	67901  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0918061643c.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	67902   Click image for larger version

Name:	0918061643d.jpg
Views:	850
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	67903  

Last edited by unsocial; 09-18-2006 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Wow did your spoiler really end up in the back seat? Glad you're ok.
Old 09-18-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
that must of been one hard hit to do that to the spoiler, glad you are ok
Old 09-18-2006

The cops or tow truck driver put it in the back seat, but the cop that came to the hospital said it ended up a "good distance from the car". But you can see in the picture that it ripped completely free from the bolts and the wiring for the brake light. I was pushed a good 10 - 15 feet from where I was stopped at, with my foot on the brake.
Old 09-18-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
Yeesh. Guy musta smacked into you pretty damned hard. I hope you sue his *** for all he is worth. Probably some douche bag talking on a cell phone in an Urban Assault Vehicle.
Old 09-18-2006
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, that sucks. I'm glad that you were able to walk away from that. By the way, what type of car hit you?
Old 09-19-2006
I'm bigger than you.

DannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to all
Sorry to hear about the accident, hope you feel better.

Don't be surprised if the pain gets a little more intense though, your body still might be in shock from the initial trauma.
Old 09-19-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I hope you don't feel bad when the pain killers wear off.

That is messed up. I'm glad you weren't killed. That looks like it was a tough accident.
Old 09-19-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah i know how you feel. ive been rear ended about 3 times not. *only once in my civic* but still it sucks like no other. Glad your alright.. did they give yah Flexerial?
Old 09-19-2006

My sister seems to think that the car is totaled. But I don't know. I've never been involved in an accident before (I'm 26), and just don't really know where to go from here. I've called a couple of shops to look at the car for estimates. I've had people tell me to talk to lawyers.

My neck is sore as hell today.

Originally Posted by TransformedBG
did they give yah Flexerial?
What is that?

Last edited by unsocial; 09-19-2006 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-19-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
its a muscle relaxer kind of sucks if you ask me.
Old 09-19-2006

They've got me on Etodolac, Methocarbam, Hydrocodone

Another thing that really sucks is the fact that I only owed $1100 on my car and was paying it off this Friday with my commission check for this month.

Last edited by unsocial; 09-19-2006 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-19-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
damn, that was a big hit , glad ur ok. another vic gone
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
damn that sucks
Old 09-19-2006
I Pinch.

Sinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of lightSinisterdexter is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by unsocial
They've got me on Etodolac, Methocarbam, Hydrocodone

Another thing that really sucks is the fact that I only owed $1100 on my car and was paying it off this Friday with my commission check for this month.
Nice. An NSAID anti inflamitory, a muscle relaxant and an opiate. Good combo to be on after a car accident if you ask me. After my accident(in my cavalier) my doctor would only give me prescription strength tylonol. Which did nothing for my pain.

The car may be totaled though... It depends on how much damage is done compared to the value of the car. From the pics it looks like they will have to replace/repair the trunk, rear bumper, possibly the two side panels, the spoiler, rear window and I'm thinking the rear lip also. But it all depends on what the insurance company says and what they want to pay out.

Feel better man.
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

dave_accolade is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch that hurts to just look at.
Old 09-19-2006
I Pinch.

I think I'd rather get hit in the rear than a side impact or t-boned. In my cavalier I got hit on the passenger side wheel and it was pretty bad. Airbags went off and rattled me and my passenger. What would have been worse is if my car were around 2 feet farther along. Would have t-boned right into the passenger door and probably killed my passenger. Atleast a rear hit has the trunk and back seats to crumple before getting to the front driver and passenger.
Old 09-19-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eeeeeeh
Damn, that sucks. I'm glad that you were able to walk away from that. By the way, what type of car hit you?
Considering it almost completely missed the bumper, and hit the trunk instead, probably a toureg, aviator, navigator, envoy or cayenne. Likely the driver was some rich tool talking on a cell phone, using a Blackberry and trying to look at his nav system all at the same time. I hope their vehicle is as messed up as yours, though I doubt it. Glad you're alright, and on good drugs. If you do get a lawyer, call the bar association and see if they can recommend anyone. Don't get one of these ambulance chasers that advertises on tv. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
wow man glad youre ok
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Glad ur ok
Old 09-19-2006

Found out today from a co-worker who came to the scene to get my stuff when they took me by ambulance, that it was a jacked up 80s model blazer. I was basicly hit by a ****in tank.
Old 09-19-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
damn, that was a big hit , glad ur ok. another vic gone
i got my type R lip put on.....

damn man hope ur okay.... now for the upgrade... get RSX-S or S2000
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
damn man. good to see a vic doesnt crumple up and trap you inside. hope you feel better. what part of TN you in?
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

adamzeppelin is an unknown quantity at this point
talk about crumpling...

This happened back in May, and well, you can see for yourself ~

Hit by a Ford F-150 going about 30 mph, and I was a standstill waiting to turn left into my driveway.

Totalled the car, but didn't break the rear window ( I think because of the tint,
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

Crashoveride is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude, glad to hear your ok now for the most part.

I was rear ended in my winter beater about 2 years ago by some @ss that wasnt paying attention and I was stopped at a cross walk letting someone cross.

We still have a law suit going on as my wife was hurt and still has back trouble, I would advise you to get a lawyer because you never know how you will feel down the road and there might be some additional issues.

Good Luck and let us know how things go with the car.
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

Nihsnek is an unknown quantity at this point
Get the most you can out of the idiot's insurance...

Glad you are ok, besides from some pain.
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

adamzeppelin is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, make sure if you are suffering from anything to get a lawyer, or at the very least get a free consultation. Plus, any lost items in the car that were destroyed, like I had a set of golf clubs that I had replaced, and estimated an amount for CD's that I lost as well. Good luck
Old 09-19-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it sucks, i got hit same as you, by someone doing 40. damage was $8k but they fixed it up like new so who knows. important thing is you made it out okay.
Old 09-19-2006
Registered!!

EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point

poor vic

cars:

Rsx s
scion tc (hopefully i wont get flamed for this )
s2000 is always nice
Old 09-19-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Glad you are ok. Are you hoping it's totalled so you can get a new car or would you rather have them fix it up? For new ideas, rsx-s, new si, tsx. Or if you want cars with some kind of power, wrx. Slo Rex loves his as far as I know. If you are going for show, then stick with the first 3. Sorry for the rambling, I've been drinking. Feel better!

Quick Reply: Another civic gone :( with PICS