Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

need HELP about paint and body work

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01civicuh is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy need HELP about paint and body work

i got a friend who jus got his 95 accord painted BOM, Blaze Orange Metallic, but the paint is a lil bit lighter than the actual BOM from the 05 Rsx...it doesnt match quite exactly like the Rsx BOM, but its similar...its brighter when the sun hits, and at night u can see a bit of a difference, its still a lil lighter like as in the daytime...hes happy but hes not satisfied cuz it dont match the way he expected it...the paint shop said that he matched it the way my friend asked, cuz my friend gave him the exact paint code and thas wut they followed...but dont most or almost all paint shops mix their own paint to try to match the stock colors...the car is done, but the paint shop said to bring it back in a month to get color sanded and buffed for the finishing touches...and the paint shop said that he cant do ne thing about it cuz thas the color my friend pointed out...

what we need help on is... is it true that after color sanding and buffing, the paint might darken a little bit? cuz we can see the BOM in my friends car, its just not as dark as the exact BOM...

cuz thats wut my other friend had told us...that after color sanding and buffing, itll darken a lil...

thanx, ill give you guys points for your input!!!

Last edited by 01civicuh; 09-14-2006 at 02:38 AM.