Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

What are your thoughts on this setup...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
heh, i would get paddle shifters, but i've never even heard of them for our car. got a link?
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute
well they are universal but if you get the steering column converter to the sparco bolt set( http://www.cardomain.com/item/SPA01502111 )then you can use it heres the link to the paddle shifter site( http://www.twistmachine.com/ )just go to the products you have to use the pcs transmission control thing but with those im quite sure it can be done here is the transmission controls ( http://www.powertraincontrolsolution...content-4.html ) you have to talk to the pcs site about the harness but im sure it can be done
Old 10-02-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. I mean, I could understand someone like Supermex or Transformed (first names that came to mind) doin something like this, with cars that might benefit, but there really would be no gain, aside from the coolness of having a paddle-shifted 'vic. Sounds like it'd be a lot of trouble.
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute
i duno if it would be a horrible amount of trouble i wouldnt install it myself cause i wouldn't know where to begin with the transmission work but the way i understand it has a selecter between full auto, semi auto ,or manual so that wouldnt make it horrible to drive and yes it would be kind of un-necessary to do it for anything other than my own enjoyment and the "cool" or "unique" factor. Plus it just gives me some hope for the auto tranny cause i think it should be given a chance just like the D17, goes with the whole work with what you got philosophy.. can anyone tell me if the lightened pullies would make the car not so "noisy" ( its not really that bad) when its just idling?i would like to just here the exhaust and the intake and my stereo does this make sense to anyone? thanx yet again for all your help and comments
Old 10-03-2006
Dain Bramaged.

Originally Posted by civic-driver
the way i understand it has a selecter between full auto, semi auto ,or manual

Hahaha sounds like you're transmission's getting a makeover courtesy of Heckler and Koch.

But it's a really interesting idea. If you go through all this
transmission work, then swap down the road, you could turn some really consistent strip times with a K20 auto. I don't recall ever seeing that in a 'vic.

Jake
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

that's because the hardcore people who actually do swaps can drive stick. and since stick is faster, why would they waste money on a slower car when they're swapping to make their car fast?
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

wait...are u saying i cant drive a stick?lol i can but the choices of cars around here are limited so i had to get a stick... plus i just loved the way a black car with 15% tint and greyish 17 "rims looks like

Last edited by civic-driver; 10-03-2006 at 05:11 PM. Reason: forgot the 17"
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

i said that the people who swap can drive stick. that in no way relates to your ability to drive stick or not.
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

i know just playing around and such.... do you guys know if the claims of the transmission controller making it shifter faster are correct? not saying it would ever be faster than a stick but faster than it was....any comments on the pullies? anything on the hyper voltage system and grounding? anything that will make it run smoother? any other suggestions on things to do outside of a swap or turbo? just seeing what you guys that would be cool that you havent seen alot or something ,i duno whatever sounds cool and plausible

Last edited by civic-driver; 10-03-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-03-2006
Dain Bramaged.

It would definitely be different, that's for sure. But in these cars, the coolness of having a transmission like you're describing would outweigh the potential losses inherant with an automatic transmission.

The thing with paddle shifters... They're actually faster than driving stick because it's a perfect shift every time, as long as the gear ratios are identical. In a 'vic, they wouldn't be, but it's still some food for thought.

Jake
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

John04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Civics make great show cars, not race cars.. That includes ALL of them (even Si), you want a fast car? Go out and get a Mustang GT, Cobra, F-Body, WRX, STI, Evo, etc.
Old 10-03-2006
Dain Bramaged.

Yeah. It's surprising how many people DON'T know that. They're fun cars, though. They're good at what they do.
Old 10-03-2006
Registered!!

well i dont have the option of getting a different car because im 17 and i dont have a great driving record lol so insurance is an issue thats why i drive a civic and im not trying to make it an awesomely fast race car just something that is unique with what i have. and can you elaborate on the perfect shifts and gear ratio stuff you were saying thanx jester444
Old 10-04-2006
Registered!!

Well I'm young too, but trust me, once you start modding, you won't stop. Its a never-ending money pit.

I'd just rather see a fellow Civic owner put money into show mods that may land some poon-nanny rather than .124XX faster in the 1/4.
Old 10-04-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by John04Civic

I'd just rather see a fellow Civic owner put money into show mods that may land some poon-nanny.
wouldn't it be great if it were that easy?
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

i like how your 21 and im 17 and your young too lol its just funny in my mind well i will get my first paycheck on monday so we will see how much it is and if i can get something for the car it should be a decent paycheck so maybe the secret weapon ... one question when i get the hyper voltage (no you cant talk me out of it) should i run the capacitor for my amp through it or around it? just a random thought thanx for your guys input keep it coming , any suggestions on a simple looking body kit thats not to low or flashy ?
Old 10-05-2006
Dain Bramaged.

Body kit? There's two main options for our cars that are neither gaudy nor flashy, but purely sexual. There's the OEM aero kit, available from www.handaaccessories.com (and no, that's not a typo, it's H&A, as in Honda and Acura) and my personal favorite, the Kaminari lip kit, from their website www.kaminari.com.

And you might want to post your question about the hyper voltage in the I.C.E. section.

Jake
Old 10-05-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by civic-driver
i like how your 21 and im 17 and your young too lol its just funny in my mind well i will get my first paycheck on monday so we will see how much it is and if i can get something for the car it should be a decent paycheck so maybe the secret weapon ... one question when i get the hyper voltage (no you cant talk me out of it) should i run the capacitor for my amp through it or around it? just a random thought thanx for your guys input keep it coming , any suggestions on a simple looking body kit thats not to low or flashy ?
21 is a much better age than 17, I can stay out past midnight legally (midnight curfew here), and its nice to be able to get a beer when I want it w/o having a middleperson.

I guess you have 4 more years until you are an old man then..
Old 10-05-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
I definitely have to agree abou the kaminari kit. that thing is nice. I gotta agree with everyone else, going all out, especialy on the auto, si not cost effective. Intake, header, exhaust, rims, the usual stuff is a better way to go unless u go turbo. although i plan on doing the d16y8 manifold swap myself, a little forward planning to a nitrous set up
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

well i like the way the honda oem aero kit looks but it only seemed to be for the coupe so ya... on another note im sure you guys have been watching the dezod head porting thread and i have a question can anyone tell me why the turbo porting would not work well with a N/A setup? im thinking that it has something to do with the pressure levels but im not sure how more air could be a bad thing can anybody explain this to me? and would any one else agree that there is support for N/A parts?
Old 10-06-2006
People point and laugh when I drive by. Plus I like men.

CASPER087 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

yea you made the mistake of getting an automatic. if you wanted more speed stick was deff the best way to go. your accel is so much better on a stick. automatics arent worth toying with thats why i had 2 cars before this one that were automatic that i didnt touch until i got my vic. for everyone saying a turbo is better then the mods your talking about. there right and wrong in a way. turbos are expensive but do the trick but you also need to build your bottom end or else it will go ka boom. so thats more money added along with the turbo setup. save your money bro if you want to go really fast. if i were you and wanted to mod it id make it more of a show car since its an automatic. if you want a little hp gain go for the basics. headers intake exhaust. a ecu chip is a good way for some hp to. for the hp/$ ratio it works out pretty good. just remember that its your car and you can do whatever the hell you want with it dont let people tell you otherwise. im just telling you what i would do if i were you. but have fun
Old 10-06-2006
Registered!!

thanx for your input can you suggest a ecu chip? and i know i made a bad choice with the auto but i didnt really have a choice i was without a vehicle for almost 2 months and i couldnt get to school or work so ya i had to take it dont get me wrong i love my car thats why i want to put money into it and i know that its not cost effective to get most of the mods i want but hey i dont need a drag car just something that looks good which it is now or great after i get the body looking better cause i have a crinkle in my front lower bumper and a couple scuffs but i will post a couple pics tomorrow so you guys can see it . but ya i just want to make the car better and money isnt really a concern ... if i have the money i will spend it cause i dont have responsibilitys i live at home and ya it works for me. but ya keep the comments coming i love coming home after work and seeing you guys have posted on here

Last edited by civic-driver; 10-06-2006 at 12:37 AM.
Old 10-08-2006
Registered!!

ok here are some pics from when i first got it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1058.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	68118   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1059.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	68119   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1060.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	68120  
Old 10-08-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
it's gonna look 10000 times better the tint looks good too.
Old 10-08-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
damn that **** is high!! but it looks good, gonna be 1000 times better when dropped
Old 10-08-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
you should black out your headlights too
Old 10-08-2006
I like my commute

^ just say it man...
Old 10-08-2006

NADABOH
Old 10-08-2006
I like my commute

Old 10-08-2006
Registered!!

nadaboh?hmmm.... im outta the loop on something.... on another note what you guys think about this kit? (http://www.groundeffex.com/product.php?ProductID=1272) i kinda feel dumb using a kit to make my cars front end look similar to a different car but i still like it.. does any one know of a bolt on air bag kit for our cars that will lower around 2 inches or the ecu chip that casper087 was talking about? i would rather not black out the headlights maybe some black halos or something that has a black surrounding. i just dont like the looks of a blacked out headlights and i wanna know the nadaboh thing lol ...

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts on this setup...