Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

mmm Turbo sneak peak and 01-03Grill on my 05!!

Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
mmm Turbo sneak peak and 01-03Grill on my 05!!

so i got the kit as all of you know...but some stuff i didnt like...i.e. the fuel mgmt that it came with so i sold the safc2 and i still have the tsi fuel unit but i think im gonna throw that out...

as you can tell i have 2 bovs one is the tsi one and the other is a HKS ssqv...had to upgrade

next that manifold does NOT come that way from tsi... i had it ceramic coated in black by a local place...not only does it look better...but its efficient in holding heat in cause the ceramic is inside the ports also...=prevents heatsoak

so all i needs in engine mgmt...but i want to get a vis carbon fiber hood first...

its greddy emanage vs aem ems...if i can afford ems i will get it...but obviously emanage is cheaper...

oh and heres a picture of the grill (01-03 "Type R" Grill) on my car...i think its better than my homedepot ish...from the picture you can see how it doesnt fit...the minor gap on either side...i dont care its a tradeoff...i like it!

Last edited by Boost_Junkie; 08-30-2006 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-27-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
ehhh...to much of a gap for me
Old 08-27-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
gap isnt probably noticable that much, turbo settup looks great in black man
Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
i took it at that angle for a reason...to show you...

from the front its not as bad...hey its better than my homedepot mesh thing...(look in my sig for that ugly pos grill)

too bad there are no aftermarket grill...so this is the best i can do now...i think its alright...i can always fill in the gap with diy fiberglass and stuff...
Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough
Awesome man props to you,, cant wait to see completed pics!
Old 08-27-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
boost can u take a pic of the grille straight on??? thanks
Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

sure..but not tonight...

ill take one tomorrow during the day and post it tomorrow if i remember..
Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

Randyh will become famous soon enoughRandyh will become famous soon enough
Does an upside down starion intercooler fit well in the front of a 7th gen? They are a pretty nice core and can be picked up cheap. I was planning on going with the small $80 bar/plate intercooler off ebay but I have used a starion ic before and even with the tiny charge pipes was able to make pretty good power.

Later
Randy
Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

its hard to find a starion fmic in good condition...

but anything can fit with a lot of cutting...
Old 08-28-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
remember to take pics!
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

its raining...you still want one?
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
yes......rain is water and clear go take those pics! 7th gen forums owns you
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

blah fine ill go to my garage soon and just take crappy pictures...
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rice4lyfe will become famous soon enough
lol, its been 7 hours, i think something happened.. someone call for help
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
lmfao
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

civydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura aboutcivydcex has a spectacular aura about
All these turbo 7th gens are awsome. Makes me mad i wasted money on a used truck for my wife Bitch can wait for the new furniture, I'm getting a turbo next summer
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

oh **** i forgot all about this haha...now its dark!!

ill take it tomorrow in the day...its suppose to be sunny...
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
^^ha-he must of fallen in all that water!.
i have the same kit on my car. get e-manage for it. simpile upgrade and works great. oh and that IC pipeing is a pain in the ***. the pipe that comes down off the turbo needs to be 1/2 inch longer or else it will rub on the engine mount and eventually make a hole in itself. pluss u r going to have to drill a hole for the IAT sensor. but it is a good kit non the less.

boost junkie- u posted at the exact same time as i was writeing that!

Last edited by drunkenmagnum; 08-28-2006 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

im kind of torn between the 2....turbo or swap.....i gotsome parts for the swap but the turbo sounds so tempting.....i can do it faster then a swap but swap is so muich cooler but turbo is just as cool .....d'LAWMilngfakjfds nvawe!~
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
^^ha-he must of fallen in all that water!.
i have the same kit on my car. get e-manage for it. simpile upgrade and works great. oh and that IC pipeing is a pain in the ***. the pipe that comes down off the turbo needs to be 1/2 inch longer or else it will rub on the engine mount and eventually make a hole in itself. pluss u r going to have to drill a hole for the IAT sensor. but it is a good kit non the less.

boost junkie- u posted at the exact same time as i was writeing that!
yeh i think im gonna get emanage since its cheaper...

i can always have **** fabbed up during mock up...but this kit was installed before and it doesnt look like the pipe is that bad...i know in the pic i have 2 pipes mixed up (the one coming off the throttle body and the one coming off the turbo...correct?)

drill a hole in the IAT? you mean in the intake tube for that sensor?

do you have any pics of your install or anything?
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
go turbo. to me seeing a boosted d17 is a little more unique than a swap and it is way cooler when u r faster. pluss it is cheaper in the long run.
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

also how you like the manifold? looks better ceramic coated eh? got pics? read above^^ answer my questions!! haha
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

....drill a hole for the IAT sensor

yeah i do have pics. u want me to pm them to u?
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

yeh sure...and what is this IAT sensor!!
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

but then that means i got k20 parts sitting here for nothnig
we will see what my next job is...im prob gunna quit and try to get a good paying job anyone know somewhere? with goodpay
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

resell the k parts...

intake air temp?
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Junkie
also how you like the manifold? looks better ceramic coated eh? got pics? read above^^ answer my questions!! haha
your manifold is nice (way nicer than stock and it is cool u went the extra mile to make it nice) but the manifold as a whole is ok. mine tends to back the bolts out and tries to leek.
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

so the thing in our intake has to be extended to the new intake blah!! ok i can deal with that...

and that pipe that rubs can be wrapped with something or a shield can be made...

where them pics at?!?!
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

yeah the intake air temputur sensor. it might cause the engine to throw a code once and a while without it so u might as well go ahead and install it. wont take but a min.
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

thats a good thing to know...

pics pics pics pics!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mmm Turbo sneak peak and 01-03Grill on my 05!!